• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stedman Bailey suspended four games

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams can't seem to do anything well on offense recently except hand the rock to Gurley and hope there is a hole for him to find.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the second time? Buh bye Stedman!!!!! Jeff Fisher didn't put up with Watts' violations and he won't with SB.
:corso:

Not so fast my friend.....

Fisher also made it clear that another strike against Bailey could mean the end of his time with the team.

"We're very, very disappointed in his choices," Fisher said. "He understands that this is his last go-around. If he wants to flourish in this league, have a career in this league, he's going to have to change his lifestyle.

"You have to carry over your workplace attitude into your off-the-field life, and he failed us on that."
paulharvey.jpe

And now here's "The rest of the story...."

Fisher said he was disappointed to be talking about another suspended player in the same week and said the Rams would be ramping up efforts to educate players on the dangers of drug use.

"The message has been sent to the players," Fisher said. "We're going to take an aggressive approach to make sure these things don't happen in the future."

This is Bailey's second suspension in as many seasons. The league suspended him four games for violating the policy on performance-enhancing substances before the 2014 season. That suspension was later reduced to two games after a change in the league's policy.

Bailey has been the Rams' third receiver for most of this season but rarely was involved in the offense. He has 12 catches for 182 yards and a touchdown in the first eight games.

Bailey's suspension is effective immediately and comes without pay. He will be eligible to return to the active roster Dec. 7 after the team's game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Fisher said the Rams are hoping to have Bailey stay around the building, at least for workouts, while he serves the suspension. Fisher indicated he's still waiting for word from the league on whether that will happen.

Fisher also made it clear that another strike against Bailey could mean the end of his time with the team.

"We're very, very disappointed in his choices," Fisher said. "He understands that this is his last go-around. If he wants to flourish in this league, have a career in this league, he's going to have to change his lifestyle.

"You have to carry over your workplace attitude into your off-the-field life, and he failed us on that."
Rams sign WR Wes Welker after losing Stedman Bailey to suspension

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is rapidly having no control over this locker room and if he doesn't get a handle on it, this team could go south in a hurry.
Well..........

Los Angeles is in fact 'South' on the latitude lines of St Louis.
:lol:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..........

Los Angeles is in fact 'South' on the latitude lines of St Louis.
:lol:

Now that I think of it, maybe that is why he got high. He was so high he thought we made the move to Los Angeles and figured he was practicing his recreational marijuana rights.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think of it, maybe that is why he got high. He was so high he thought we made the move to Los Angeles and figured he was practicing his recreational marijuana rights.
Only medical rights here in Cali. But I'm sure he can convince some Quack that something or other hurts to get his medical card.

th?id=OIP.Ma6fb4277cc12d960dd12a7ae5b21f719H0&pid=15.1.jpg

Still doesn't fly in a lot of occupations and organizations, like those on the field in the NFL.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we have players like this. He is lucky to even be getting another chance.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we have players like this. He is lucky to even be getting another chance.
TBT, these guys do take a lot of punishment week in and week out.

I actually expect the NFL to one day take MJ off the illegal substance list, especially once the Feds take MJ off the illegal substances list as well.

It may be 3, 4 or 5 years away, but it will eventually happen IMO.

After all, you can already smoke all you want in the NHL and MLB. :nod:

Last edited:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bleh, the last thing we need is a bunch of guys smoking before a game. I can see it now. missed tackles, missed catches, shanked field goals, bad punts.....

o who am i kidding we get that now already :L

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seriously isn't that difficult. I have no issue with pot and even chief-ed a few times in my life but its simple black and white. A team is paying you 6 fucking figures at the minimum to run with a football and all you have to do is not do dumb shit and stay drug free until you retire or they stop testing for it (which is unlikely for now). How stupid do you have to be...i mean how low does your IQ have to be???????

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seriously isn't that difficult. I have no issue with pot and even chief-ed a few times in my life but its simple black and white. A team is paying you 6 fucking figures at the minimum to run with a football and all you have to do is not do dumb shit and stay drug free until you retire or they stop testing for it (which is unlikely for now). How stupid do you have to be...i mean how low does your IQ have to be???????

There is a lot of physical pain to deal with in the NFL. You can get addicted to the over-prescribed legal medications; it is not without it's drawbacks. That may not be why Bailey was using, but it is for some.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't pot make you hungry for playing time?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why pot is a banned substance in the NFL or even tested for...It certainly can't help you in any way on the field. If anything, it would hurt your performance...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why pot is a banned substance in the NFL or even tested for...It certainly can't help you in any way on the field. If anything, it would hurt your performance...

I'm not sure, but maybe because it's illegal? Then you would have a lot of Nate Newtons getting busted for driving around with over 200lbs of dope. There's enough other dopes in the league (Hardy), we don't need a bunch of guys in after game interviews throwing "dude" out there every other word!:)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, but maybe because it's illegal? Then you would have a lot of Nate Newtons getting busted for driving around with over 200lbs of dope. There's enough other dopes in the league (Hardy), we don't need a bunch of guys in after game interviews throwing "dude" out there every other word!:)

It's partially illegal at this point. Many states have medical marijuana, others have decriminalized possession, and a few have legalized recreational marijuana. It's only a matter of time before it is treated more or less like alcohol. Should make for some fun super bowl commercials in a decade...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Shopson. Ohio just banned legal marijuana and it was voted on by the electorate. More states are expected to join Ohio such as Kentucky, Montana, and Utah in light of emerging MVD stats indicating drivers driving while under the influence are nearly as dangerous as drunk drivers.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Shopson. Ohio just banned legal marijuana and it was voted on by the electorate. More states are expected to join Ohio such as Kentucky, Montana, and Utah in light of emerging MVD stats indicating drivers driving while under the influence are nearly as dangerous as drunk drivers.

I agree, and if they let these players smoke the doobage, you will have more guys missing practice, showing up late for practice or games, making dumb decisions during a game, even though we have guys doing that now!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio made some HUGE mistakes with their legalization push, not the least of which was their bizarre mascot...Also didn't help this was an "off year" election...If Kentucky, Montana and Utah plan to bring that to the polls next year with a presidential election, would likely be a huge mistake...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite understand how anything Ohio did or Kentucky, Montana, and Utah are planning on doing could be characterized as huge mistakes. What criterion are you using LTR to characterize these states actions as mistakes when I presented to you the reasons Ohio did what it did and what Kentucky, Montana, and Utah are planning on doing?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite understand how anything Ohio did or Kentucky, Montana, and Utah are planning on doing could be characterized as huge mistakes. What criterion are you using LTR to characterize these states actions as mistakes when I presented to you the reasons Ohio did what it did and what Kentucky, Montana, and Utah are planning on doing?

Ohio made a few HUGE mistakes...One is trying to legalize MJ overall at the same time they wanted legalize it medicinally... The other was the INSANE mascot they had to "help" legalize it. If anything, if HURT them more than anything...

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polls across the country are showing a majority of Americans support legalizing marijuana. However, during off-year elections that LTR mentioned, there's significantly lower turnout than during a Presidential election year. It's harder for contentious issues like these to pass during these off-year elections. I can see a majority of states legalizing marijuana use in the next decade. You can't stop the trends.

As a counterpoint, look at Colorado, Alaska, Oregon & Washington. Those states have legalized marijuana use and you can expect at least 11 more to follow suit in the next few years- California and New York among them. People are finally starting to realize that it should be dealt with and regulated like alcohol and tobacco.

How many players are arrested for DUI's due to drunk driving every year? Or come to practice hung over after a night out? There's always going to be idiots who just won't learn that they are being paid a lot of money to play a game and they should just hold off on their "vices" until they are done playing. I don't think marijuana should be tested by the NFL. However, it is tested and people like Stedman need to grow up and put away the joint while they are playing. You think it would be an easy decision...