• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant being soft is why the Thunder didn't win it all. He single handily lost game 6 vs the Warriors. I believe Westbrook and Curry could win one together. You see how the Warriors even with all that talent has regressed this year with cupcake on the team.

I remember game 6 being equally bad for both Westbrook and Durant, but if that's what you saw then that's cool.

Do you think Westbrook style of play is a deterrent to winning in the future?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean only time will tell. They have the talent with 3 all stars to win it all this year if they can figure it out. Donovan is not a great coach though. I'm going to sit back and see what happens. More worried about winning the Rose Bowl right now though to be honest lol.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant being soft is why the Thunder didn't win it all. He single handily lost game 6 vs the Warriors. I believe Westbrook and Curry could win one together. You see how the Warriors even with all that talent has regressed this year with cupcake on the team.

tenor.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put it like this.

If Westbrook were on GS instead of KD, GS would not be the best lock to win the title most think they are. I am sure they would still get a ring or two, but they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. Sharing is what makes this team special and Russ has yet to do that well at any point in his career.

KD might be soft, but he is a fantastic team player and one of the 2 or 3 best pure scorers the game has ever seen. Russ would not fit the Warrior team concept nearly as well as KD does.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you think OKC are back, they lose to Brooklyn in Mexico City

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you think OKC are back, they lose to Brooklyn in Mexico City

Someone thought they were back?

It's looking like this is who OKC will be. I still think they finish with a winning record and probably make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. They do have a lot of talent and that will win games for them.

But unless Westbrook and to a lesser extent, Melo, make drastic changes to how they play, they are looking at a first round exit and Westbrook is probably all alone again next year.

Beginning to wonder if OKC fans are starting to understand why KD left yet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone thought they were back?

It's looking like this is who OKC will be. I still think they finish with a winning record and probably make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. They do have a lot of talent and that will win games for them.

But unless Westbrook and to a lesser extent, Melo, make drastic changes to how they play, they are looking at a first round exit and Westbrook is probably all alone again next year.

Beginning to wonder if OKC fans are starting to understand why KD left yet.

The West isn't that good I still think they can end up as the 4/5 seed. As bad as they been, they're only 2 losses behind the teams currently in 4th and 5th.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West isn't that good I still think they can end up as the 4/5 seed. As bad as they been, they're only 2 losses behind the teams currently in 4th and 5th.

You may be right. I just don't think they are going to get it together enough to do that. I think some of the teams ahead of them that seem to be under performing right now, won't continue doing so and there will start to be more separation.

I don't think OKC can turn it around enough to stay with the top 4 or 5 in the West.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. I just don't think they are going to get it together enough to do that. I think some of the teams ahead of them that seem to be under performing right now, won't continue doing so and there will start to be more separation.

I don't think OKC can turn it around enough to stay with the top 4 or 5 in the West.

We'll see. How good do you think Portland, Minnesota, and New Orleans are? I don't think any of those teams are that good where they're going to win more than 45-47 games?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. How good do you think Portland, Minnesota, and New Orleans are? I don't think any of those teams are that good where they're going to win more than 45-47 games?

Depends. I think Minny can get to 50+. Portland and New Orleans are a little more sketchy. Even if OKC gets the 5 seed, they are likely looking at a first round exit (especially if Pop lets the Spurs fall to 4). If OKC can get to 4 (which I doubt), then maybe they get to the 2nd round.

Also, if the season keeps going as it has...how long before frustration starts to set in? If that happens, things could go south in a hurry.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it like this.

If Westbrook were on GS instead of KD, GS would not be the best lock to win the title most think they are. I am sure they would still get a ring or two, but they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. Sharing is what makes this team special and Russ has yet to do that well at any point in his career.

KD might be soft, but he is a fantastic team player and one of the 2 or 3 best pure scorers the game has ever seen. Russ would not fit the Warrior team concept nearly as well as KD does.

Russ wouldn't in as well with GS as durant does because durant doesn't have the alpha mentality.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ wouldn't in as well with GS as durant does because durant doesn't have the alpha mentality.

Russ would sabotage the entire team. It would be a disaster of epic proportions. Durant fits well with the Warriors because he can still be effective without the ball in his hands, and on defense. If Russ doesn't have the ball in his hands, what does he do?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

But, like I said somewhere, many in here say that like not having an alpha mentality is a bad thing. It isn't.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

But, like I said somewhere, many in here say that like not having an alpha mentality is a bad thing. It isn't.

Like most things. There are times and places it fits better. Then there are times and places it doesn’t.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most things. There are times and places it fits better. Then there are times and places it doesn’t.

Not so sure.

Teams need leaders, sure. But you don't have to be an alpha male to be a good leader.

Kobe and MJ were the ultimate alpha males that all current stars get compared to, but the reality is that neither were very good teammates. It worked for them because they were transcendent talents, but it isn't a blue print most are capable of following.

I guess what I am saying is that an alpha male dominate personality is as likely to be a negative thing in a team dynamic (perhaps more) as it is to be a positive.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is could durant lead any other team besides gs to a championship, and i think the answer is no. That is why he joined a team that won the championship without him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is could durant lead any other team besides gs to a championship, and i think the answer is no. That is why he joined a team that won the championship without him.

What do you mean 'any other team'? Put him with 2 other studs not named Westbrook and he could win. You need 3 in today's NBA

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean 'any other team'? Put him with 2 other studs not named Westbrook and he could win. You need 3 in today's NBA

You keep giving westbrook a bad rep (the reigning NBA MVP) but you could switch durant back to OKC and westbrook to GS they would still be the better team.

Melo is garbage, and Paul George is okay...Who is better paul george and melo or Curry, Green, thompson...So Durant is playing with better teammates and overall players with championship experience

This selfish, not selfish alpha not alpha, fit doesn't fit is all retarded. Any time you put "another" superstar on a core that won a championship they will be better. It's a numbers game. If Durant joined the cavs and we had 4 superstars vs 3 on GS it would be the same story. It doesn't prove anything for durant in my perspective. That is why he gets no respect...It won't change until he proves himself.