• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there about 50 games left for most teams but if we get OKC/Minny in round 1, who would you guys like based on how the 2 teams are playing so far?

I would take OKC because I think they are close and OKC defends much better. That is usually the tie breaker in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take OKC because I think they are close and OKC defends much better. That is usually the tie breaker in the playoffs.

Same here. And I think those 2 teams are likely to finish in 4/5. Not sure who gets HCA but I think OKC would win that series either way.

Crazy thing about OKC is I can see them getting to the WCF if they end up on the right side of the Western Conference playoffs. I think they can give Houston trouble in a best of 7

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. And I think those 2 teams are likely to finish in 4/5. Not sure who gets HCA but I think OKC would win that series either way.

Crazy thing about OKC is I can see them getting to the WCF if they end up on the right side of the Western Conference playoffs. I think they can give Houston trouble in a best of 7

I don't know about that. Houston had a pretty easy time with them last year, and I think Houston improved a lot more than OKC did.

The matchups are interesting to be sure, but I think Houston wins in 5 or 6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Houston had a pretty easy time with them last year, and I think Houston improved a lot more than OKC did.

The matchups are interesting to be sure, but I think Houston wins in 5 or 6.

Will be interesting to see how the regular season match ups play out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the originator of this was the "Iverson Effect". All world talent, just incredibly difficult to play with.

What's strangely funny to me is I was a huge Iverson fan, yet can't stand Westbrook. I totally understand the hypocrisy in that, but it is what it is.

I get it. I have Westbrook in the same category as AI, it's the "I really enjoy watching him play, but I don't want to watch him playing in a Lakers uniform" category. lol

Also, not sure what it is, but there's something about Westbrook that makes him harder to like. Not sure what it is. I still enjoy watching him play, but not like I did AI. Maybe it's because, for the most part, AI had to play the way he did for his team to have a chance most nights. Outside of last year, Westbrook hasn't, but does so anyway?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC is built more for the playoffs with the game slowing down and having iso plays.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious on a lot of nights the Thunder are going to play to the level of their competition. Westbrook had 15 assists again last night and is shooting over 60 percent in his last few games. Melo had a great shooting night with 7 threes, it’s PG thst is struggling the most to find his shot. He is getting open looks and they will start falling eventually. At least they are finally figuring out how to win close games.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder are starting to look better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would not have a problem with him going, the players don't listen to him. This resurgance is due to one of the best defenses in the league keeping them in games and some shots finally starting to fall.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would not have a problem with him going, the players don't listen to him. This resurgance is due to one of the best defenses in the league keeping them in games and some shots finally starting to fall.

So which is it, credit to Donovan or 'no hell no'?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you the guy saying Donovan needed to get fired a couple of weeks ago or was it @Scapegoat ?

The funny thing is that coaches get far too much credit for winning games they should win.

OKC is the 2nd most talented team in the NBA. They should be winning. What has Donovan done to make them better during this stretch?

Just like when media was up in arms when the Cavs fired Blatt. He was not helping the team win. The Cavs were winning in spite of him.

I am not sure that is what is happening here, but winning a few games with a talented roster does not always equal good coaching.