• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs tho it often comes down to sheer talent...Should be interesting to see how they play...

I will give you that on the star level PG is iffy but he impressed me last year in the playoffs....And Melo is a wildcard(who i think is a massive underachieving bum) who doesn't even care about winning, but we shall see if he proves anyone wrong this year in the playoffs.

Westbrook is a superstar

In the playoffs the Thunder will be a wild card. Westbrook will show up and be an elite player. Mello has actually played good. He does a lot of little things that I've never noticed him doing before (granted I wasn't really looking). George isn't mentally strong (But in fairness to him. There aren't to many as mentally strong as Westbrook). With all of that said the Thunder will win or lose based on the other players. Adams needs to be huge (which he has been so far). Roberson needs to stop shooting. Abrines needs to settle in. Felton needs to keep playing the way he's playing. Patterson needs to be the player he has been before coming to OKC. Grant is the energy guy. Not the 3pt guy. Donnovan needs to use the talent he's been given.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs tho it often comes down to sheer talent...Should be interesting to see how they play...

I will give you that on the star level PG is iffy but he impressed me last year in the playoffs....And Melo is a wildcard(who i think is a massive underachieving bum) who doesn't even care about winning, but we shall see if he proves anyone wrong this year in the playoffs.

Westbrook is a superstar

I’m down on them but make no mistake about it they will be a tough out. If they can just quit making it so damn difficult when it doesn’t have to be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m down on them but make no mistake about it they will be a tough out.

If by "tough out" you mean bounced 4 games to 1 in the 1st round by the Warriors or Rockets...I agree.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. More likely that they miss the playoffs.

You do realize how bad the west is from the 4th seed right?

Unless Westbrook gets hurt for a long period of time, they're not missing the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize how bad the west is from the 4th seed right?

Unless Westbrook gets hurt for a long period of time, they're not missing the playoffs.

Have you seen how bad OKC is?

I don't see them cracking the top 5 in the playoffs and have doubts they can reach 6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen how bad OKC is?

I don't see them cracking the top 5 in the playoffs and have doubts they can reach 6.

Portland and Denver are currently 5th and 6th. Both with 13 losses. Yeah I'll put my money on OKC to pass both teams over the last 50+ games of the season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th seeded Minnesota just went down to the Suns who are without Booker. Minnesota also with 13 losses now.

As I said before, OKC are so lucky the West isn't as good as it was years ago.

They may have been 6 or 7 losses behind 4th/5th.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th seeded Minnesota just went down to the Suns who are without Booker. Minnesota also with 13 losses now.

As I said before, OKC are so lucky the West isn't as good as it was years ago.

They may have been 6 or 7 losses behind 4th/5th.

It is interesting.

It isn't that the West isn't as good, IMO. It is that everyone expected the top teams in the West to be head and shoulders above the rest. Minnesota and OKC were supposed to be part of that group, but they have not been.

We know SA will be formidable in May. Houston and GS look like elite teams. If OKC fails to seperate from the 6-8 pack, they have no one to blame but themselves. They are a virtual lock for the playoffs, though they are also a lock to be ousted in 5 games or less if they fail to climb higher than the 6 seed.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG is going to look great in purple and gold.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting.

It isn't that the West isn't as good, IMO. It is that everyone expected the top teams in the West to be head and shoulders above the rest. Minnesota and OKC were supposed to be part of that group, but they have not been.

We know SA will be formidable in May. Houston and GS look like elite teams. If OKC fails to seperate from the 6-8 pack, they have no one to blame but themselves. They are a virtual lock for the playoffs, though they are also a lock to be ousted in 5 games or less if they fail to climb higher than the 6 seed.

You put a lot of emphasis on the regular season...Outside of homecourt, it all starts over once the playoffs roll around

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put a lot of emphasis on the regular season...Outside of homecourt, it all starts over once the playoffs roll around

Actually, I put almost zero emphasis on regular season except when seeing if new pieces fit together.

OKC's don't and Houston's do. GS is still hands down the best team in the league no matter what Houston does. OKC isn't as good as either. If they have to face one in the first round, they are done.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland and Denver are currently 5th and 6th. Both with 13 losses. Yeah I'll put my money on OKC to pass both teams over the last 50+ games of the season
Yeah, they look like shit.

But, something has to give, right?

Fuck hurt feelings. Melo needs to sit.

They need to gain ground now.

Or, @trojanfan12 could be right.

Denver could be hard to overtake when Milsap comes back.

The Blazers are a 2 1/2 man band and I'm confident the Thunder will catch them.

If the Blazers don't make a trade, or Nurkic doesn't go Marc Gasol of yesteryear, they are getting cooked round 1 by the Warriors.

The Pelicans could be in their way too.