• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really looking forward to it

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently that little creature seen with Chewy is called a Porg. I can't say I'm a big fan at this point. Hopefully when the movie comes out they will serve at least some purpose beyond merchandise sales. In my opinion, the fewer unnecessary CGI characters the better.

I just hope we don't get a whole section of the movie dedicated to them, like the first toy tie-in, the Ewoks.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops...

I forgot one of the more major theories...

Plagueis - I have not read any canon books, so I don’t know a LOT about him outside of the fact that he was Palpatine’s old master and that Palpatine believes he killed him. But Plagueis had presumably figured out how to come back to life after death. At least that was Palpatine’s belief.
I have read some of the series on Plagueis and I have always believed Snoke is based off the character of Darth Plagueis. I don't think Disney will ever reveal Snoke's real identity, but too many things are similar of Snoke and Darth Plageuis (height, body figure, face). I also see some similar characteristics from Kylo Renand Old Republic Darth Revan... I just wish Disneywould just put allof this out there and everyone just stops guessing.
And btw, I think you willenjoy the DarthPlagueis series. I'm currently reading Darth Bane and then Darth Malgus.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read some of the series on Plagueis and I have always believed Snoke is based off the character of Darth Plagueis. I don't think Disney will ever reveal Snoke's real identity, but too many things are similar of Snoke and Darth Plageuis (height, body figure, face). I also see some similar characteristics from Kylo Renand Old Republic Darth Revan... I just wish Disneywould just put allof this out there and everyone just stops guessing.
And btw, I think you willenjoy the DarthPlagueis series. I'm currently reading Darth Bane and then Darth Malgus.

The Jedi Civil War is cannon. Some of that Old Republic stuff may be kept. They referenced it in Star Wars Rebels.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For what it's worth, Snoke's music in TFA was very similar to the score at the "bubble opera" when Palpetine was telling Anakin about Plagueis, not exactly the same but similar. I highly doubt that is pure coincidence but it doesn't necessarily mean they are the same person either. It could also be an intentional misdirect or it could simply be John Williams trying to set a similar tone during the appearance/mention of 2 different mysterious, dark characters.

Kylo Ren also refers to Snoke as being wise, and Palpetine didn't just describe Plaugeis as being wise but that was actually part of his title. This one could easily be a coincidence or it could be another intentional misdirect.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do turn out to be the same character but I have my doubts. Apparently Plagueis was a Munn which Snoke doesn't resemble, but both are humanoid. Not sure if that source is still considered canon or not though. If it's not canon then I can definitely see them switching up his look a bit so not to spoil his identity earlier than they intend to.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently that little creature seen with Chewy is called a Porg. I can't say I'm a big fan at this point. Hopefully when the movie comes out they will serve at least some purpose beyond merchandise sales. In my opinion, the fewer unnecessary CGI characters the better.

Those ice foxes looked dope though

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.... Snoke and who?!?

*won't show, Amazon has a lego set that includes Snoke with Palpatine Hologram.... interesting

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

I think Star Wars probably saw the success of the Groot and Rocket in Guardians of the Galaxy and thought they'd be able to throw it in.

My bigger issue is it seems like it's just going to be a cute "prop" for younger audiences.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daisy Ridley builds a Millennium Falcon:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reviews are coming in super high on this. Like Dark Knight high.

My expectations were lukewarm for this especially given the title 'Last Jedi' but maybe there is something special here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reviews are coming in super high on this. Like Dark Knight high.

My expectations were lukewarm for this especially given the title 'Last Jedi' but maybe there is something special here.
There is supposedly some kind of twist. The current tv spot are saying “Don’t let anyone spoil this”. That is interesting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is supposedly some kind of twist. The current tv spot are saying “Don’t let anyone spoil this”. That is interesting.
I've been doing a good job of avoiding spoilers but the title itself sounds like a spoiler so...maybe nobody dies? (hah, no way)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't wait, especially reading all the good reviews, so I scoured the internet looking for spoilers for people that have seen it.

While I won't spoil it, all I'll say is I can see this movie becoming pretty divisive among people, especially after the initial "ZOMG STAR WARS!!!" reaction wears off, you watch it again and think about it more. I still have high hopes and think it'll be pulled off well however, Mark Hamill's comments from several months where he said he was a little disappointed in the direction of the story make a lot more sense now.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it in 25 minutes. I'll provide all the spoilers after...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty good but not sure if it lived up to the hype. There was a part in it early on that I thought was absolutely ridiculous. Worse than anything from the prequels. It was really hard to overlook it but overall I thought it was decent. It had some stuff that I really liked.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty good but not sure if it lived up to the hype. There was a part in it early on that I thought was absolutely ridiculous. Worse than anything from the prequels. It was really hard to overlook it but overall I thought it was decent. It had some stuff that I really liked.
if it involved someone who changed their hair, I agree

Overall I thought the battles were nicely done, be it space, ground, or lightsaber. As for some of the plots/storylines, not so much.