• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Juanita Phillips Letter Re: Her Son Lawrence

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms. Phillips sent this to be posted on SportsHoopla.

Hello, Lawrence Phillips mom here.

If you would like to respond but receive a default message when you try to reply to this email (there have been some technical issues lately), you may alternatively send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] . Please note that time is of the essence if you are interested in supporting fair justice in this matter.

You are also invited to review website: www.lawrencephillipsofficial.com for information that mass media refuses to publicize.

Sincerely,
Juanita Phillips

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Cc:
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:38:27 +0000
Subject: Lawrence Phillips More Letters

Dear Dr. Bennet Omalu,

As the USA prepares for the momentous release of “Concussion” in December 2015, a film highlighting your courageous real-life clash with the NFL about its alleged cover-up of known concussion injury dangers to pro sports players, this email and its attachments are extremely relevant.

The highly publicized investigation of the death of Damien Soward allegedly by strangulation in a prison cell, and an indictment charging my son Lawrence Phillips, a former NFL player, with Mr. Soward’s death, is unfolding. Both were inmates of Kern Valley State Prison, Delano, California, and cellmates. This message’s intent is to shed light on my son’s state of mind at that time, which included no animosity toward Mr. Soward, and to document that my son was pursuing attorneys to represent him in concussion lawsuits involving the NFL since 2013 and ongoing, through the time of Mr Soward’s passing. I contend there is a relationship between the timing of Mr. Soward’s passing and my son’s quests for filing an NFL concussion claim. As well, one week before April 11, 2015, a law firm had expressed interest in considering my son’s concussion claim, then declined four days after April 11, 2015.

I contact you, Dr. Omalu because I believe injustice is being cunningly carried out against my son, and I believe the justice system, particular Kern Valley State Prison and San Diego California Superior Court, in alliance with the NFL, set up and implemented an unbelievably sinister plot in connection with my son’s potential concussion law suit claim against the NFL. I reach out to you because of your courage in pursuing the concussion injuries relationship between pro sports, particularly pro football’s NFL, and pro athlete injuries. Also if my son has concussion injuries damage, I entreat you, your associates, or medical professionals that you recommend, to oversee any diagnosis, and that any treatment be in accordance with what you recommend, and that you would review and document whether concussion injury damages may have potential impact upon the many years of criminal charges and prosecutions carried out against my son, both past and present.

Although it is without my son’s knowledge or consent that I release copies of some of his correspondence to me, I hope that he will understand the necessity to use that which I have in my hand immediately, since I only recently became aware of media and sports shows broadcast plans that coincide with the scheduled September 15, 2015 arraignment on the murder charge.

It is my opinion that California justice and prison system authorities, the NFL, and mass media have colluded to disrupt my son’s potential concussion claim and that Mr. Soward’s death is directly related to these activities. I believe that my son’s life is in danger and that he should immediately be removed from Kern Valley state prison. I believe it no coincidence that the announcement of my son being charged with murder five whole months after Mr. Soward’s passing and just ahead of the college football season; ESPN’s planned airing of a documentary about my son on September 19, 2015 (during the launch of the college football season), and promotion of the NFL concussion movie, all occur this month. As well, in 2013 ESPN producer Ben Houser contacted my son for an “in-prison” interview a few weeks before broadcast of the “League of Denial” documentary exposing alleged NFL concussion injury cover-up, and around that same time the murder indictment against Hispanic NFL player Aaron Hernandez occurred. This circle of events seem too coordinated to all be happening by chance.

As I release letters (attached) that my son sent me just prior to the death of cell mate Damien Soward, along with email screen shots from Gomez Trial Attorneys during the period of this incident, I believe these documents indicate my son’s state of mind, which was in nearly unbearable duress resulting from psychological torture inflicted by California justice system and authorities at Kern Valley state prison from the beginning of his prison incarceration. No where in my son’s letters is there an overwhelming anger with another cellmate. His desire to have no cellmate stemmed from his desire to avoid additional prosecution for someone else’s behavior. The letters document that my son was persistently pursuing NFL concussion claims and as of March 29, 2015, one week before Mr. Soward’s death, there was no cellmate in the cell where later my son and Mr. Soward resided. Yes, an overwhelmed Lawrence vented in a letter dated March 3, 2015 that he was so angry after finding out that his appeal was denied seven months prior and he never received notice of the denial (the prison constantly withheld his ingoing as well as outgoing mail, sometimes for months) that he might “snap” which might result in his own death or someone else’s. This was a short-lived thought that he quickly recovered from immediately which is noted in the letter's last paragraph, and he made no reference to another inmate. He quickly commanded his attention towards rationally resolving the problem, saying he would study the law to see what he could do about this. I am quite sure that prison authorities read the letters my son writes to me because several of them have arrived without being sealed and without a post office post mark (due to being held before sending-copy attached). As well my son says that the officer assigned to screen his mail has stood in the prison dorm before and yelled out things my son writes in his letters in an effort to embarrass/humiliate him. Apparently the screening officer failed to report the fact that Lawrence may have been experiencing stress overload as noted in an early March letter or the prison was unwilling to safeguard Lawrence or take precautions regarding safety of potential cellmate. I believe that prison authorities used my son’s letters and his insistence upon the safety of a single cell living arrangement, which California law requires to protect the safety of hi-profile inmates, as an opportunity to set up a situation that would frame Lawrence for an inmate death. Following the March 3, 2015 letter, Lawrence’s March 11, 2015 letter indicates that Lawrence was again targeted for prison authority mistreatment in which he received a write-up claiming he “forced a cellmate out” which he writes “is a lie”. In his March 29, 2015 letter, the last correspondence from Lawrence before April 11, he documents that he has no cellmate and looks forward to connecting with concussion claims attorneys who Atty Ron Mix, after finally writing Lawrence, recommended contacting. Copies of additional letters during the period following April 11, 2015,which indicate increased prison authority hostility and abuse of Lawrence are also available to be sent under separate cover.

I also include a short letter dated October 2014 which minimally documents my son’s belief that he has been targeted for prison authority harassment over the years. More recently my son states he was re-examined by prison doctors and had his disability status reversed even as another prison doctor confirmed ongoing disability. Afterward much needed orthopedic shoes/boots and knee braces which his prior public defender Leslie Ringold (Los Angeles, CA) relentlessly petitioned to obtain due to multiple foot and knee surgeries for football injuries resulting in metal pins in his toes/feet, and need for a knee brace, were taken from him & he has been without such for a while now. Continual prison authority harassment over a period of years is documented in many of his letters. Because of the untrustworthiness of involved justice system authorities and systematic mistreatment of my son by prison authorities, I was hesitant to release letters before now and uncertain how to ensure safeguards. I also considered that the letters may provide ammunition for my son to be killed by prison authorities and those actions then covered up as suicide or self-defense on the part of authorities.

For the above reasons, I have released copies of this email and attachments to many parties in many walks of life in order to guard against cover-ups, selective reporting, and disregard of facts relevant to the serious legal matter of Mr. Sowad’s death. I have also placed the original letters in safe keeping. For the record, I am not a drug user, nor suicidal, and any “accidents” involving me should be considered suspicious. Please note all of the same also applies to my son, and I ask all spiritually-minded supporters to pray continually for my son’s safety and those who support him.

It is my earnest hope and plea that this email and attachments help spearhead meaningful investigation into the correction systems of state prisons in all 50 states across this country. Such need is demonstrated by a Georgia prison inmate’s similarly alleged “death by strangulation”. On April 29, 2013 at Ware State Prison in Waycross, GA, inmate Detravia Bryant died allegedly in his cell undetermined cause. The funeral director noted blunt force trauma to the head and evidence of ligature strangulation and alerted the family. Prison authorities initially told the family that Mr. Bryant died by suicide. Atlanta’s Creative Loafing Magazine Contributor Thomas Wheatley documents this unfortunate event in its July 24-30 2014 issue.

Prison violence on the part of both prison guards and inmates needs to be addressed and I beg America to please demand the truth about what’s really going on inside prison systems and the courts, and to change this deadly course upon which politics has steered this country.

Juanita Phillips
Mother of Lawrence Phillips

Attachments

• 041515 Declination letter- General.pdf
    194.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Gomez Attorneys Letters.pdf
    748 KB · Views: 59
  • Lawrence Phillips - Timeline of Events.pdf
    165.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Lawrence Phillips Ltrs B4 Apr 11.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 38

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I informed her of this thread and she responded with:

You have extended a great humanitarian grace upon this mother and the effort for fair justice. Thank you more than I can express in this letter.

Most Sincerely,
cleardot.gif

Juanita Phillips
Mother of Lawrence Phillips