• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sochi-star-wars-2014.gif
xc6moze-imgur.gif

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to nominate you to produce this series. I would be totally happy with that progression.

Man i wish. They actually made a comic for the vong invasion called invasion. The characters from the novels are in it but not the stars. Was still cool seeing a older jedi master luke tearing up vong left and right. Not to mention the solo twins.

Forgot about lando. He helps too. He became rich and started his own enterprise. And also got married. But still played a role when they needed weapons or ships.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, most people blame jar jar or the 2 actors playing anakin as to why the prequels sucked. I agree jar jar was a failure as the new chewbacca type character. The kid irked me. Hayden christionson didnt bother me. What ruined it for me was the droid army. They were so childish when they spoke. So dumb!!! Have u ever tried to watch the clone wars? The droid army ruins it.

Not to mention how certain jedi were barely in it and then get killed sooooo easy ......lookin at you kit fisco lol

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't imagine they are making these next batch of movies to please the older fans so they will probably kill off all of the characters we are familiar with to build new characters for younger people. Eventually it will probably be all about love stories, friendship and choreographed dance competitions. They will change the name of the Death Star to Sam's Club East and lightsabers will be renamed Disagreement Deciders.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, most people blame jar jar or the 2 actors playing anakin as to why the prequels sucked. I agree jar jar was a failure as the new chewbacca type character. The kid irked me. Hayden christionson didnt bother me. What ruined it for me was the droid army. They were so childish when they spoke. So dumb!!! Have u ever tried to watch the clone wars? The droid army ruins it.

Not to mention how certain jedi were barely in it and then get killed sooooo easy ......lookin at you kit fisco lol
Yeah, the minimal parts that Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi and a few others played bothered me a little. There were a lot of great Jedi characters that got little play. The droid army didn't bother me, but I can see your point.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't imagine they are making these next batch of movies to please the older fans so they will probably kill off all of the characters we are familiar with to build new characters for younger people. Eventually it will probably be all about love stories, friendship and choreographed dance competitions. They will change the name of the Death Star to Sam's Club East and lightsabers will be renamed Disagreement Deciders.
:pound:.... :gaah: That might drive me to the dark side.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I've seen this rumor numerous times now. Supposedly dies in the act of saving several others including Chewie. It may be twilight for the scruffy nerf herder.

Obi-Wan died in "A New Hope", but was still a vital character for the rest of the trilogy. Something as simple as a "Run Luke, Run!" voiceover is extremely powerful cinema.

Qui-Gon died in "A Phantom Menace", but his influence was engrained into the remainder of the trilogy even if he wasn't.

If Han gets stepped on by a f'n dewback I'll be pissed, but I'm perfectly okay with him getting offed as long as it's a grand and impactful exit.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obi-Wan died in "A New Hope", but was still a vital character for the rest of the trilogy. Something as simple as a "Run Luke, Run!" voiceover is extremely powerful cinema.

Qui-Gon died in "A Phantom Menace", but his influence was engrained into the remainder of the trilogy even if he wasn't.

If Han gets stepped on by a f'n dewback I'll be pissed, but I'm perfectly okay with him getting offed as long as it's a grand and impactful exit.
I think it definitely would be. But like Cleaves said, lots of people adhere to the EU which has him growing to old(er) age.

BTW, Obi Wan is still my GOAT.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it definitely would be. But like Cleaves said, lots of people adhere to the EU which has him growing to old(er) age.

BTW, Obi Wan is still my GOAT.

Alec Guinness was 63 when A New Hope was released. Harrison Ford is 72 now. I think Han will be old enough.

I'm just happy they integrated him into the new trilogy and will be excited to see him reprise the role in any capacity.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alec Guinness was 63 when A New Hope was released. Harrison Ford is 72 now. I think Han will be old enough.

I'm just happy they integrated him into the new trilogy and will be excited to see him reprise the role in any capacity.
Good point. It would still be tragic. At least with Obi Wan he gave himself over to the force instead of being killed by another character. If the rumors are true, Han is going to get murdered by a Sith-type character.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be cool if han died ONLY if somehow they stayed true to the books and had him married to leia and at least has the twins who will be 2 of the greatest jedi ever. Then yeah he can be killed off. But like someone stated above. They want to push the older actors out and bring in the younger eye candy. Turn it into a twilight/hunger games/divergent type crap. Thats where abrams dropped the ball. In a way he couldve done this and kept fans happy. Theres alot of younger jedi in the books. Jaina jacen zekk tahiri tennel ka. And just used our fav characters as the old guys in the background. I myself wouldve used luke the way they did jeff bridges in tron 2. Or swartzeneger in the last terminator movie. Cgi luke and let him be the baddest master ever. ......but we will be flooded with these new young characters with names we dont know......STUPID!!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be cool if han died ONLY if somehow they stayed true to the books and had him married to leia and at least has the twins who will be 2 of the greatest jedi ever. Then yeah he can be killed off. But like someone stated above. They want to push the older actors out and bring in the younger eye candy. Turn it into a twilight/hunger games/divergent type crap. Thats where abrams dropped the ball. In a way he couldve done this and kept fans happy. Theres alot of younger jedi in the books. Jaina jacen zekk tahiri tennel ka. And just used our fav characters as the old guys in the background. I myself wouldve used luke the way they did jeff bridges in tron 2. Or swartzeneger in the last terminator movie. Cgi luke and let him be the baddest master ever. ......but we will be flooded with these new young characters with names we dont know......STUPID!!
You're harshin' my buzz, homie. I'd like to see them develop the Ben Skywalker character in the new films also.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so long as they don't go this direction...

ben-poster.jpg

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because it sounds like Harrison is going to be OK.

harrison-ford-plane-crash-memes_10.jpg

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
star-wars-family-tree.jpg

Was thinking... Jaina and Jacen should be about 25 in Ep.7. Ben should be about 10 and Anakin should be... 12 or something. Do you think all are going to be included and do they adjust their ages? I think the ages will be adjusted.