• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 2 - Canadiens vs. Lightning

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a lot of questions to be answered about Montreal at the end of this series. Change for sure. Coach Therrian canned. What else can they really do to make this team better? Habs looked really good during some parts of the season. Their scoring has dried up, and Price suddenly looks ordinary or worse. Getting better players is not easy.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a lot of questions to be answered about Montreal at the end of this series. Change for sure. Coach Therrian canned. What else can they really do to make this team better? Habs looked really good during some parts of the season. Their scoring has dried up, and Price suddenly looks ordinary or worse. Getting better players is not easy.

I don't think there are many questions to be answered really. Carey Price has made Michel Therrien and his crew look really good.

I think GM Bergevin has done a decent job and deserves a chance to hire his own coach (Babcock?).

All that being said Montreal:

1) Rode Carey Price to a top seed. They were consistently less dominant on the ice than their numerical position in the standings would indicate. Switch Price with a number of other eastern goalies and the two teams swap positions, IMO.

2) Was lucky to win round one. Ottawa felt obligated to start an AHL goalie based on his stretch run (can't blame my team but I know that Anderson should have gotten the call). They got some puck luck as Price acknowledged. This series (against the least experienced team in the league) could have gone either way. They played OK but were also lucky to win.

3) Couldn't score. Period. Teams that control the puck put it in the net. In 2015 you can't be chasing the puck; the Habs do this way too much.

The Habs need to be better outside of their own crease. I think some of that has to do with Therrien.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are many questions to be answered really. Carey Price has made Michel Therrien and his crew look really good.

I think GM Bergevin has done a decent job and deserves a chance to hire his own coach (Babcock?).

All that being said Montreal:

1) Rode Carey Price to a top seed. They were consistently less dominant on the ice than their numerical position in the standings would indicate. Switch Price with a number of other eastern goalies and the two teams swap positions, IMO.

2) Was lucky to win round one. Ottawa felt obligated to start an AHL goalie based on his stretch run (can't blame my team but I know that Anderson should have gotten the call). They got some puck luck as Price acknowledged. This series (against the least experienced team in the league) could have gone either way. They played OK but were also lucky to win.

3) Couldn't score. Period. Teams that control the puck put it in the net. In 2015 you can't be chasing the puck; the Habs do this way too much.

The Habs need to be better outside of their own crease. I think some of that has to do with Therrien.
Yes, but a lot of it has to do with the lack of talent on the ice. That is one unimpressive defence after Markov and PK. After Patches, only one forward had more than 50 pts this season. The way Galchenyuk and Gallagher are developing, it may be years before either of them become 60-70 pt scorers and that would be a lot of wasted years of PK and Price's primes, not to mention Markov will be pushing 40.

Bergevin has done a pretty decent job, but he's going to have to get creative here if the Habs are going to take the next step. Here's hoping he doesn't :thumb:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this series is over.

Pleks stick hits Bishop who flops and draws the penalty. On the PK Eller gets possession and gets grabbed onto with no call. Price gets worse contact than Bishop and there's no call.

There's an allowed cross check/ high stick.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly the missed, or allowed infractions wouldn't lead to any Canadien power play goals....but still

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had it with the goalie flopping around the league. It should be a game misconduct for goalie embellishment for the first infraction and a suspension for a second infraction. Third infraction is trade to Edmonton.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had it with the goalie flopping around the league. It should be a game misconduct for goalie embellishment for the first infraction and a suspension for a second infraction. Third infraction is trade to Edmonton.

And either play the puck or stay in the crease. Don't come out and wait forever slowing the game down. There is nothing exciting about an untouchable player holding onto the puck.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzzer beater by Tyler Johnson! Wow.

Edit: Sorry comeds, that's a real kick to the junk.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, what can you do.....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Johnson in the lead for the Conn Smythe?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably thought the game was going to go to OT followed by a shootout.

What is it with them letting these crazy people into their arena?

First it was a woman trying to light the flag on fire and now this

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forget it, Cobie; it's Florida.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did let Dare and I in for game 5 of the Wings series so that trumps everything subsequent.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's duh line of the day FTA:

"Police said Cassidy was not screened properly by security at the arena’s entrance."
Still. There is a screening process in place. What possesses someone to think, "oh, I'm going to try anyway"? Guy should be booked as a terrorist.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What comes around goes around. Just like if a few things had gone differently the Habs-Sens series could have been very different, the same thing could be said of this one. The Canadiens played pretty well in game one and game three hitting posts and coming close many times.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget it, Cobie; it's Florida.

Florida...not like the rest of us!

someone posted that in another thread and all I could think was truer words, my friend, truer words.