• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Predators vs. Blackhawks

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will darling get the start in game 2? I doubt it, sadly

It's going to be interesting to see their strategy, isn't it?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to be a bunch of drunkass people hitting the streets of Nashville. Glad I'm not downtown among all those Blackhawks fans and mounted police.

shouldn't be too bad. Friday will be a different story though

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Blackhawks fans! Great game to watch, got me excited about NHL hockey again. :)

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should mention that Preds fans tend to have a great relationship with Blackhawks fans and appreciate them coming to Nashville and spending $$$

We just wish they'd watch from bars and not Bridgestone. :D

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see their strategy, isn't it?

I think Darling will come back in relief and give another great performance, I dont think Crow backing up Darling get the same results. Its the talk of sports radio, hot hand or 6 million dollar man. It'll be fun either way.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope every game in this series is as exciting as game 1.

It's only the first round, so the stakes aren't as high, but that game was every bit as entertaining as the Hawks series against LA in last year's WCF.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shameful the way the Hawks players embellished contact 3 times and got penalties called on Nashville when it was not. They are probably the better team but Toews needs to have a talk with his team. They are better than that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching highlights of the game this morning (after watching it last night) and Darling was without a doubt the star of that game. If not for him, Nash scores 5 or 6. Period.

Nashville is in deep doo-doo. Let's face it, only being game one, with the Kane situation that was a must-win for the Predators.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville is in deep doo-doo. Let's face it, only being game one, with the Kane situation that was a must-win for the Predators.

The Preds are screwed, blued, and tattooed after choking away a three goal lead and home ice advantage. The Preds came out banging away at the Hawks and any real fan knows that does not bother the Hawks one bit as they will play their game. It wore the Preds down and they had nothing left for the rest of the game. Its home ice advantage now for the Hawks even if they lose game two.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been the better goaltender all yr imo. I think Q sticks with the experience

Let's not forget which goalie kept the Hawks in the playoffs during the final months when they weren't scoring goals. Also let's not forget that Crawford has very, very rarely had a bad game again directly after a bad game.

Crow had a bad first period. Maybe not as bad as Rozsival, but that first goal was savable. Second goal was a big mistake and again Rozy just sat in front of the net watching.

Third goal was a real goal and it happens.

But man, Darling certainly gave people something to think about. What an outstanding performance.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Preds are screwed, blued, and tattooed after choking away a three goal lead and home ice advantage. The Preds came out banging away at the Hawks and any real fan knows that does not bother the Hawks one bit as they will play their game. It wore the Preds down and they had nothing left for the rest of the game. Its home ice advantage now for the Hawks even if they lose game two.

What are the Preds supposed to do? Play like Chicago? They'd get slaughtered if they played that way, it's not their style

The problem wasn't the Preds wearing down, they just flat out missed opportunities to put the game away, it wasn't about wearing down - and Chicago got competent goaltending once they pulled Corey Crawford

Nashville needs to keep playing their style and they'll be fine

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget which goalie kept the Hawks in the playoffs during the final months when they weren't scoring goals. Also let's not forget that Crawford has very, very rarely had a bad game again directly after a bad game.

Crow had a bad first period. Maybe not as bad as Rozsival, but that first goal was savable. Second goal was a big mistake and again Rozy just sat in front of the net watching.

Third goal was a real goal and it happens.

But man, Darling certainly gave people something to think about. What an outstanding performance.

What I saw later in the game was the same exact situation the hawks were in, Keith had the angle, cut across and took the puck away. I say part of Rosies problem was he thought Keith was switching, which made Rosie responsible for the middle, Keith didnt go, rosie was left on an island. It was still a straight on shot with not screen that crow missed.

Crow has come back strong after getting pulled before. If he blows it again, it better be Darling at home in game 3.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Crawford learns from his mistakes - the 1st goal went in on the short side with Crawford actually moving away from the post (in the same direction as his Dman Rozsival) on the shot - made no sense...

The second goal was due to his wandering out of his crease to play the puck - perhaps he wants to play D instead of goal? In any case, just stay in your net - you don't need to create even more problems for yourself.

To be effective, Crawford needs to be aggressive (but controlled - not over-reacting or overplaying plays or shots as he is prone to do) and challenge shooters. Rebound control is always an issue. He is a battler & a blocker who doesn't get many style points. He gets into trouble when he isn't focused mentally on what he needs to do to be successful and when he's not focused, he looks horrible.

I suspect that Crawford will put Q to another test at some point in these playoffs...that will pose an interesting dilemma for the coach.

I like the fact that Darling is available & his play is putting Crawford on notice that if he doesn't perform, he'll be replaced. Playoffs aren't a time to spend games trying to focus & figure out what you need to do better. Hoping that the push Crawford gets from Darling makes him better.

That Game 1 win sure gave the Blackhawks options, didn't it?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preds lead 1-0!!!