• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAL(Frank) I hope you're hammered drunk right now! Enjoy it, can't wait to make a trip to LA and pound them back

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so proud of this group - I've been hard on them sometimes but this team has the mental fortitude that other teams just don't have - there were things they needed to do this season, they were healthier for the most part but they needed to win on the road - they didn't do it last year and that's part of why they didn't win then - they went 8-6 on the road this year and that was impressive

Jonathan Quick just gets it done when it matters most, he keeps it in perspective and the only thing that matters to him is getting the 16 wins, he's all about the team

Anze Kopitar's superstar status is quite clear, what he did this postseason, stopping Joe Thornton, Ryan Getzlaf and Jonathan Toews was incredible - anyone else with that challenge and they probably don't get through it

Drew Doughty is the best defenseman in the league - you can hype up Zdeno Chara or talk about how Shea Weber is the best offensive d-man in the league but Drew Doughty wants it more than anyone and the things he's learned at such a young age is something that the majority of the top d-men in the league haven't done - he's only what, 24? He's only getting better

The young guys were unbelievable - Tyler Toffoli is a stud and Tanner Pearson is that top six winger the Kings are going to be able to develop - it's incredible how deep this team is

Alec Martinez was such a stud in the second half of the season, the Kings finally let him do this thing and he did so many great things

I love this team

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this was a memorable season. One i'll remember for the rest of my life. Didn't end the way I wanted it to, but i'm extremely proud of my boys. And i'll be at the Home Opener next season to watch our "Eastern Conference Champions" banner go into the rafters.

Here's to the off-season!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy with the win. Wife is upset that Kings got 2 and Ducks only have one.
Rangers played above advertised. Hank at times was the carrying the entire team.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
856803222.gif

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]ua-oNgHqHVk[/YOUTUBE]

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Kings fans, this is one of the most complete teams I have seen in a while. Although I was disappointed in the first round result, it is obvious that the better team won that series. It was also good to see Justin Williams get recognized fir his play. He seems to play his best when it matters most.

Ranger fans should be proud of your team, they played some great hockey in this series. That was one Hell of an exciting series, the OT games were intense. I would have liked to seen Hank get a cup and St Louis get another.

Good thing we have the World Cup to hold us over until football starts.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Dave, Hawaii, Cobie and all Kings fans. That was a team on a mission and they just flat out earned it. I loved how Conn Smythe honestly could have been any one of like 6 guys. And Fuck Jeff Carter, but damn... Gold and Stanley? Respect.

Rangers had a heck of a season too. Still a few tweaks needed but they can get back there. They punched a bit above their weight class this year, and Lundqvist proved he is what a lot have thought he was. IMO, he was let down by his D, and got put in a hole by his forwards not being used the best way.

Did they really have to let everyone and their brother raise the cup? I mean at one point, some old guy in a Quick Jersey got it and hoisted it. He looked like some random fan off the street. When the Kings raised the banner after the first one they skated the cup on ice BEFORE the season, and they got a terrible start. Hockey Gods are a fickle lot.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Kings fans...well done. The Rangers played a bit better than a 5 game result will show. 3 OT losses means any game could've gone either way. :suds:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings won despite getting away from "their game" in the playoffs. I know the third goal in game two will be a sore spot for Ranger fans for a while. It could have been called either way. Rangers played hard and their fans should be proud. Hopefully that carries over to next year. Both teams in the finals played in Vegas preseason. No one then thought they both would've playing last night. ( ok Kings were an early favorite)
I will be spending money tonihjt

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings won despite getting away from "their game" in the playoffs. I know the third goal in game two will be a sore spot for Ranger fans for a while. It could have been called either way. Rangers played hard and their fans should be proud. Hopefully that carries over to next year. Both teams in the finals played in Vegas preseason. No one then thought they both would've playing last night. ( ok Kings were an early favorite)
I will be spending money tonihjt

I think part of that they could have done better but I also think it was hard to stay on their game considering who they played in the playoffs - I don't think they were going to shutdown Chicago, they would need to score some goals to win - this year it was much more difficult because they faced teams with big time offenses, to think the Kings were going to dominate defensively was probably not wise - my biggest issue was that they were giving up the first goal(and sometimes first two goals) way too often more so than giving up goals period

But the way they won two years ago and the way they won this year, albeit they were different, were both amazing in how they won it - two years ago they won it by absolutely dominating defensively - this year they won it by dominating offensively - they scored three or more goals in 19 of 26 games, and scored three or more goals in 10 of their last 11 games - just incredible, and they needed to play that way(or at least score a lot of goals) in order to win this year

Funny how in the regular season they were dominant defensively and then in the playoffs they were dominant offensively - I don't think you'll see a year like two years ago where a team just dominates defensively, that's very rare, so that's why the Kings had to do a little bit differently this year

The young kids coming in and playing big minutes was a huge difference - they finally got to their senses after the break to start playing these guys more frequently, you needed them in order to get through these rounds, you see what happened with Kopi for example, he didn't really dominate(although he had the most points in the playoffs I think) and he didn't score a goal in the last two rounds, so you needed those other guys to be big

Also the defensemen really jumped into the play more this year - Willie Mitchell's presence can't be overlooked - they got him back at the right time going into the Chicago series - it's amazing that they won the Anaheim series with Jeff Schultz in the lineup all series - Kings needed all eight of their d-men in order to get this done

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]4SZ-bsPROIo[/YOUTUBE]

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize that Martinez is the first Michigan born hockey player to score a Stanley cup winning goal. Pretty cool