• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stanford @ Southern California

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was all i originally said, but got jumped for it.

I have nothing bad to say about USC, now some of its posters on this board i could make a few comments on, but choose to take the high road.

Thanks TF12 for seeing what i was saying.

Orgeron is the man for USC, you guys need to keep him.

I hope you weren't referring to me as " Jumping on " I just have a problem with someone suggesting that some power houses struggled, when one power house has 85 scholarship players and their opponents had 48… the 48 punched them in the mouth…. End of story..

I bet you wished your team in the early 2000, while under sanction would, or could perform like USC has

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was all i originally said, but got jumped for it.

I have nothing bad to say about USC, now some of its posters on this board i could make a few comments on, but choose to take the high road.

Thanks TF12 for seeing what i was saying.

Orgeron is the man for USC, you guys need to keep him.

I have no problem with keeping Coach O!! The players love him and love playing for him!! I'd say that tonight probably puts him in the drivers seat. If we win the next 2, it would be awfully hard not to give it to him!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you weren't referring to me as " Jumping on " I just have a problem with someone suggesting that some power houses struggled, when one power house has 85 scholarship players and their opponents had 48… the 48 punched them in the mouth…. End of story..

I bet you wished your team in the early 2000, while under sanction would, or could perform like USC has

They did a couple of years while under probation. Won 10 games in 1996, 2002 and 2005 while on probation and loss of scholarships.

And you keep acting like I said something bad, I gave USC its props for beating Stanford, but I also know that Stanford struggled a bit, its nothing personal. They were after all the number 4 team in the country and what USC did is short of amazing considering what they were working with player number wise.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with keeping Coach O!! The players love him and love playing for him!! I'd say that tonight probably puts him in the drivers seat. If we win the next 2, it would be awfully hard not to give it to him!!

He never got the support from his players at Ole Miss.
I hope he wins out, he seems like a good guy and i think he is a good fit at USC.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a turn around for Southern Cal since Lane Kiffin was replaced. Congrats. .. Wonder if their search for a head football coach is over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never got the support from his players at Ole Miss.
I hope he wins out, he seems like a good guy and i think he is a good fit at USC.

He said that when he was at Ole Miss, he was trying to act how he thought a head coach was supposed to act.

This time, he says he's just being himself. It seems to be working.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach O will remain as an asst. on USC under the new HC, but no way does USC hire him. They have the funds to hire anyone they want, this is a HUGE decision. Program is coming out of sanctions and the skies are clearing, there is a chance that if they make the wrong decision USC is stuck in a slump for awhile.

Now, O wont be the first choice, probably not the second choice, but if people turn USC down, then maybe he gets the offer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a turn around for Southern Cal since Lane Kiffin was replaced. Congrats. .. Wonder if their search for a head football coach is over.

It may not be over, but it's a safe bet that Coach O just moved into the favorites position. He definitely has the support of fans, alumni, students and players.

At one point in the game, the fans were chanting Coach O. I've never seen that happen for any coach in my 43+ years of watching USC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach O will remain as an asst. on USC under the new HC, but no way does USC hire him. They have the funds to hire anyone they want, this is a HUGE decision. Program is coming out of sanctions and the skies are clearing, there is a chance that if they make the wrong decision USC is stuck in a slump for awhile.

Now, O wont be the first choice, probably not the second choice, but if people turn USC down, then maybe he gets the offer.

And you know this HOW?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this HOW?

go ahead and hire him. I think it wont be the right choice. Is he doing well now? Yes, but this happens with players when they play under a coach they dislike and they are losing, fresh blood comes in, an asst. steps up in which the players like and they play well and hard for that coach. But long term, that coach doesn't always work out. But most certainly for the current period, he is doing really well.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go ahead and hire him. I think it wont be the right choice. Is he doing well now? Yes, but this happens with players when they play under a coach they dislike and they are losing, fresh blood comes in, an asst. steps up in which the players like and they play well and hard for that coach. But long term, that coach doesn't always work out. But most certainly for the current period, he is doing really well.

We know you're lying now:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really don't know anything about football, do you? This isn't about kids simply being happy with a different coach. Coach O has brought energy and excitement to the program that we haven't seen since Pete Carroll.

This isn't about them disliking Kiffin, it's about how much those kids love Coach O.

It's also about a head coach who is smart enough to let his assistants do their jobs and coach up their kids.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ED O To Michigan! ?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this impacts recruiting in a big way. Most of season has been of recruits backing out. Hopefully get a few back

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this impacts recruiting in a big way. Most of season has been of recruits backing out. Hopefully get a few back

I don't think USC has to worry about recruits. Even in a down year for recruiting they will be ahead of most the Pac 12.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last successful coach USC hired, Pete Carroll, was someone who was not even the AD's first or second choice. He had a rocky resume in the NFL, and his enthusiasm was intially seen as goofy. One of the draw backs of hiring a star name is the automatic assumption that now all is well, and if there is not instant success, the wolves begin to howl and piss and moan about the hire. What Ed Orgeron has done in the past two months goes far beyond the simplicity of the theory that players didn't like the previous coach, and now that there is new blood, they are playing well. The lack of effort and poor attitude in the SC locker room extends all the way back to last year. Ed Orgeron has tons of experience, and his lack of success at Ole Miss can actually be a plus as he obviously has the character and smarts to understand the mistakes that were made during his tenure there. Realistically, Coach O has to at least beat the Buffs and Bruins to get the job. If he runs the table and does not get the job, USC will be missing out on a quality coach. And you can bet he won't stick around as an assistant because he will be snatched up by another school.