• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford??? Really? Dont be fooled.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pac is damn near impossible to go undefeated in. Oregon is the only team to do it since we went to a 9 game conference schedule.

EVERYONE loses games they shouldn't in the PAC.
IB, I would not have been heart broken had the ducks won. At least then the Pac could have gone into the octagon with another team and shown what they were capable of. N?ow we have to watch FSU or Tosu get bitch slapped by the SEC.:lame:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of thread stands true. Stanford loses games they shouldn't as stated in the op.

They are Oregon's kryptonite though, That is apparent.

Cant wait til this class graduates after this season. Holy crap they beat Oregon freaking twice.

Dangit.

Yeah, you also predicted a big oregon win....

Stanford's pretty damn good.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford had to have every happy bounce, penalty call, turnover, and performance out of what they had to win. Take any of it back and Oregon wins that game. Not sure Mamba's original point was shattered here.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAIL THE FRONT STANFORD 7...Did those boys do a job tonite?

Yes sir they did....

Footnote: Marriota DID NOT RUN THE RWAK tonite,,,INJURY? Who knows..As a Beaver, I learned a ton tonite and I aint tellin the world SHIT.

Guess I and the "elite" called that crapper tonite...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford had to have every happy bounce, penalty call, turnover, and performance out of what they had to win. Take any of it back and Oregon wins that game. Not sure Mamba's original point was shattered here.

Oregon got some good bounces to get them back in the game too... Stanford looked like the much better team tonight. I wouldn't say it was good luck and bad calls that won that game.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IB, I would not have been heart broken had the ducks won. At least then the Pac could have gone into the octagon with another team and shown what they were capable of. N?ow we have to watch FSU or Tosu get bitch slapped by the SEC.:lame:

I don't root for the PAC. I root for UW and anyone playing Oregon. :suds:

I don't think tOSU gets there unless FSU loses, and I think FSU will beat BAMA if they do.

Hell. After tonight we have to consider Baylor as well...

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAIL THE FRONT STANFORD 7...Did those boys do a job tonite?

Yes sir they did....

Footnote: Marriota DID NOT RUN THE RWAK tonite,,,INJURY? Who knows..As a Beaver, I learned a ton tonite and I aint tellin the world SHIT.

Guess I and the "elite" called that crapper tonite...

He is not nearly as effective when he is not out in the open running in space. He is not as good a passer as the ESPN experts make him out to be. Kiper has him as his number one QB but that changes tonight. Bridgewater is a much better passer.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford punished Oregon.

It was Oregon that needed everything to go there way to make the game look close in the end.

It was a perfectly executed game plan for 3.5 quarters.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon got some good bounces to get them back in the game too... Stanford looked like the much better team tonight. I wouldn't say it was good luck and bad calls that won that game.

I didn't say they were lucky to win it, I said without any of those bits of good fortune they might not have. That's a different thing. Those bounces and calls are part of the game.

Look, I'm as happy as anyone about the outcome, but the honest reality is Stanford had to play a nearly perfect game to take it and have some misfortunes from Oregon and they got both. That win was more about the HC's than anything the players individually did IMO.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford punished Oregon.

It was Oregon that needed everything to go there way to make the game look close in the end.

It was a perfectly executed game plan for 3.5 quarters.

Agreed.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they were lucky to win it, I said without any of those bits of good fortune they might not have. That's a different thing. Those bounces and calls are part of the game.

Look, I'm as happy as anyone about the outcome, but the honest reality is Stanford had to play a nearly perfect game to take it and have some misfortunes from Oregon and they got both. That win was more about the HC's than anything the players individually did IMO.

Fair enough. I just don't see how that supports the original point of this thread of Stanford not being that good... If oregon didn't catch a couple breaks, the score could easily have been 26-7. I don't care if Stanford played the best possible game they could play, being up by 20+ and shutting out a team like oregon going into the 4th quarter means Stanford is more than a "not very good" team (like the OP suggests).

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I just don't see how that supports the original point of this thread of Stanford not being that good... If oregon didn't catch a couple breaks, the score could easily have been 26-7. I don't care if Stanford played the best possible game they could play, being up by 20+ and shutting out a team like oregon going into the 4th quarter means Stanford is more than a "not very good" team (like the OP suggests).

I think coach Shaw pointed this thread out to his players. Coupled with DATs mild jabs and well, you know the rest of the story. :suds:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYhr4v3CcAALDhs.jpg:large

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of thread stands true. Stanford loses games they shouldn't as stated in the op.

They are Oregon's kryptonite though, That is apparent.

Cant wait til this class graduates after this season. Holy crap they beat Oregon freaking twice.

Dangit.

Sucks to have to play a decent B1G type team once a year. I know it's hard for you to swallow.

Our AD just filed a restraining order against Scott Frost.

Real football is your kryptonite.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You UW fans know me well enough by now to know I don't pile on after our wins and don't normally gloat or otherwise kick dirt up after any teams wins. My only exception to that is Oregon. I gave myself an hour to jump and shout over it and I'm over it. That game didn't do anything to change UW's fortunes and it won't have any impact on the outcome of the rest of our games and that's really all I care about. I get stuffing people's words back on them and a few up here deserve it. Just not sure this is one I'd pile on if I was in the mood to do so. Carry on. :suds:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You UW fans know me well enough by now to know I don't pile on after our wins and don't normally gloat or otherwise kick dirt up after any teams wins. My only exception to that is Oregon. I gave myself an hour to jump and shout over it and I'm over it. That game didn't do anything to change UW's fortunes and it won't have any impact on the outcome of the rest of our games and that's really all I care about. I get stuffing people's words back on them and a few up here deserve it. Just not sure this is one I'd pile on if I was in the mood to do so. Carry on. :suds:
Well said, drunk and going to bed. Tomorrow is all about Under Stanford Control until next Saturday.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the measuring stick of being a great team is beating Oregon, then yes, Stanford is great.

But they aren't great in the sense of losing annually to teams they shouldn't lose to. The point of my op was that they arent really a NCG contender like many thought. Many people in the media and here picked them in the NCG. That is what I scoffed at.

Because I know they will always choke away a game they shouldn't lose.

Last year your team, a 6 loss football team. That is not a NATTY contender

This year Utah, a probable 6 loss team. See above. I mean, the Huskies this year, a probable 5 loss team even played them better than Oregon did. That will tell you how inconsistent they are. Which is the point of the thread.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the measuring stick of being a great team is beating Oregon, then yes, Stanford is great.

But they aren't great in the sense of losing annually to teams they shouldn't lose to. The point of my op was that they arent really a NCG contender like many thought. Many people in the media and here picked them in the NCG. That is what I scoffed at.

Because I know they will always choke away a game they shouldn't lose.

Last year your team, a 6 loss football team. That is not a NATTY contender

This year Utah, a probable 6 loss team. See above. I mean, the Huskies this year, a probable 5 loss team even played them better than Oregon did. That will tell you how inconsistent they are. Which is the point of the thread.

Feel better now?