• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stan VS Fed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just woke up and I see it is a 3rd set but Stan is up a break and has a chance to go up a 2nd break

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Stan the Man.....Gets the break and now lead 3-0 in the 3rd

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan is the man.....Wins the final set 6-2

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Stan. Sorry I missed it. Roger looks like he is playing better these days as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Stan possibly challenge for the French Open title?

As the guys on Tennis Channel said, Fed seems like he lost his sense of urgency in the final set

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed didn't lose the sense of urgency. He just stopped running around to hit forehands. Stan was hitting cross-court backhands the entire match, and for the first two sets, Fed would occasionally run around and smack a forehand to keep Stan honest. He quit doing it in the third.

The bigger problem was the return. Stan got way too many free points off his serve. Fed only lost one point on serve in the 2nd set breaker. If he just gets those weak serves into play better, he doesn't even have to worry about a third.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed didn't lose the sense of urgency. He just stopped running around to hit forehands. Stan was hitting cross-court backhands the entire match, and for the first two sets, Fed would occasionally run around and smack a forehand to keep Stan honest. He quit doing it in the third.

The bigger problem was the return. Stan got way too many free points off his serve. Fed only lost one point on serve in the 2nd set breaker. If he just gets those weak serves into play better, he doesn't even have to worry about a third.
Ditto. Now go educate these ESPN idiots who call themselves tennis writers (like Matt WIlansky), who have no clue about the game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Nadal lost to Ferrer in the QF. He played one of the worst tiebreakers I've seen, losing 6-2 in the 2nd set I think. He lost in straight sets.

* Was surprised FED beat Tsonga. He had trouble breaking Tsonga in the 1st set, and lost. 2nd set, FED won in a tiebreak. 3rd set was a rout.

* Was surprised FED beat Djokovic. Straight sets too. Early in the 1st set, he had a few break chances, but couldn't win. He then lost the next service game. But late in the set, he broke Djokovic. The 2nd set was a rout.

The Finals:

Wawrinka's backhand was off, he was making a lot of errors.

Still, he took the 2nd set into a tiebreaker, and won.

He got a 2-0 lead in the 2nd set, but then as the broadcasters said, Wawrinka couldn't "enjoy prosperity". FED got the break back, and it would go into the tiebreaker.

He then routed FED in the 3rd set.

I'm happy for Wawrinka, it's first Masters 1000 title.

Disappointed that FED couldn't win one that he's never won before, but he still had a great tourney. Anytime you can beat Tsonga and Djokovic, it's a great result.

And I like Wawrinka, it's good to see him continue to play at a high level and win big tourneys.

They are now calling him Wow-rinka. I like it.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Nadal lost to Ferrer in the QF. He played one of the worst tiebreakers I've seen, losing 6-2 in the 2nd set I think. He lost in straight sets.

* Was surprised FED beat Tsonga. He had trouble breaking Tsonga in the 1st set, and lost. 2nd set, FED won in a tiebreak. 3rd set was a rout.

* Was surprised FED beat Djokovic. Straight sets too. Early in the 1st set, he had a few break chances, but couldn't win. He then lost the next service game. But late in the set, he broke Djokovic. The 2nd set was a rout.

The Finals:

Wawrinka's backhand was off, he was making a lot of errors.

Still, he took the 2nd set into a tiebreaker, and won.

He got a 2-0 lead in the 2nd set, but then as the broadcasters said, Wawrinka couldn't "enjoy prosperity". FED got the break back, and it would go into the tiebreaker.

He then routed FED in the 3rd set.

I'm happy for Wawrinka, it's first Masters 1000 title.

Disappointed that FED couldn't win one that he's never won before, but he still had a great tourney. Anytime you can beat Tsonga and Djokovic, it's a great result.

And I like Wawrinka, it's good to see him continue to play at a high level and win big tourneys.

They are now calling him Wow-rinka. I like it.

Wow-rinka only won because Fed took his foot off the gas pedal. At this stage Fed can "gift" a first MS title to his fellow countryman or even a slam.

Fed is playing well to get to finals and then the hunger seems to dissipate in the final set. This is upsetting.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's annoying that the commentators are constantly talking in a foreign language.

English:

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: