• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford is NFL's Most Accurate QB Through First 2 Weeks

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never taught that move at the pre-school, but.... It's a wise move.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest drop rate in the league, same as last season.

Just supports my theory that NFL coaches are too "busy" to bother with teaching fundamentals...

I blame Schwartz for a lot of things, but the WRs, RBs and TEs dropping passes isn't one of them. That is about as basic as you can get for those positions. People are either blessed with good hands or they aren't.

I do know, from reading the Free Press yesterday that Nate Burleson was quoted as saying, every WR (not sure if it included RBs), works out with the JUGGS machine once practice is completed and they track how they do. So it seems the Lions practice this part of the game quite a bit, which I guess brings me back to, you are either blessed with good hands or you aren't. At least we know it is something they are working on. Hopefully some are working harder than others to improve this area, as it is killing drives for the Lions.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you either have good hands, or you don't.

I don't think hands are Pettigrew's issue, though. I think it's more concentration for him. He doesn't watch the ball in, he's just gotta focus...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could fix his issue if the Lions would hire me on as a consultant.

I'd take a shock collar for a dog and strap it to his thigh. Then I'd have Stafford start firing him passes and I'd watch his eyes/head. If he starts to turn his head before the ball is secured, I'd nail him with the electricity.

Problem solved.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you either have good hands, or you don't.

I don't think hands are Pettigrew's issue, though. I think it's more concentration for him. He doesn't watch the ball in, he's just gotta focus...

agreed on pettigrew. i just don't understand that guy. he honestly looks like he has regressed since the Lions drafted him. maybe it is just in my head, but on top of the drops, he just looks slower to me.

I'd take a shock collar for a dog and strap it to his thigh. Then I'd have Stafford start firing him passes and I'd watch his eyes/head. If he starts to turn his head before the ball is secured, I'd nail him with the electricity.

Problem solved.

Those shock collars don't mess around. I have a Viszla and we used it when we 1st started training her. I tried it out, so I knew what it would feel like and that thing gives you a serious jolt. LOL.

Problem is -- if we correct his issues with the dropped passes, what do we do with his fumbling problems?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is -- if we correct his issues with the dropped passes, what do we do with his fumbling problems?

We slap that bitch on him during practice and every time he's carrying the ball anywhere but high and tight we shock the shit out of him...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could fix his issue if the Lions would hire me on as a consultant.

Problem solved.

Found my back on The Oregon Trail and I was thinking..... How bout passing drills with no helmets and Staff only passes overhand? If you don't catch it your face gets broke. Pettigrew missing time with a broken nose would only seem fair. But that's not saying it couldnt be in addition to shock collars. Just a recommended incentive booster.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fumbles that weren't fumbles concern me as much as the one that was.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found my back on The Oregon Trail and I was thinking..... How bout passing drills with no helmets and Staff only passes overhand? If you don't catch it your face gets broke. Pettigrew missing time with a broken nose would only seem fair. But that's not saying it couldnt be in addition to shock collars. Just a recommended incentive booster.

Breaking Pettigrews face would not be much incentive. For him it would probably be an improvement.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drops are in direct correlation to the offensive scheme. Rarely do Lions recievers catch balls in open space. Instead, the are forced to catch quick passes when breaking out of short slants and expected to run 70 yards to the house. Watch AJ Green catch TD's where his offense allows him to use the entire field to defeat an opponent, vs. Calvin, who's asked to jump around and dance for the first 5 yards in an attempt to fake out the CB. That's why he's always getting pummeled when he catches the ball. Just like all of our receivers. Rarely are they put into position to create space. That 2 yard slant on 4th and 4 is a perfect example.