• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: St.Louis Cardinals @ NY Mets (5/18-21)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just love to watch Harvey pitch. I give the Cards credit for going after those first-pitch fastballs. That won't happen next time. He also got away with a couple straight down the pipe, but oh, that curve...downright FILTHY. :nod:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Cards are exhausted now after playing Sunday night and then going extras last night.

Niese has a tall order tonight, to out-duel Wacha. Need some live bats

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just love to watch Harvey pitch. I give the Cards credit for going after those first-pitch fastballs. That won't happen next time. He also got away with a couple straight down the pipe, but oh, that curve...downright FILTHY. :nod:

:agree:
And let's hope our offense starts to pick it up when he's out there, so he doesn't have to go 9 innings everytime out to get some more W's down the road.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Here are the lineups for Tuesday's 7:10 p.m. ET game between the New York Mets and St. Louis Cardinals at Citi Field. Kevin Plawecki originally had been due to catch Tuesday, but manager Terry Collins switched to Anthony Recker after Monday's game went 14 innings.

i

Curtis Granderson, RF

Eric Campbell, 3B

Lucas Duda, 1B

Michael Cuddyer, LF

Daniel Murphy, 2B

Wilmer Flores, SS

Anthony Recker, C

Jonathon Niese, LHP

Juan Lagares, CF

Peter Bourjos
, CF

Randal Grichuk, RF

Matt Holliday, LF

Jhonny Peralta, SS

Yadier Molina, C

Mark Reynolds, 1B

Kolten Wong, 2B

Pete Kozma, 3B

Michael Wacha, RHP

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Adam Rubin's column earlier today...

NEW YORK -- General manager Sandy Alderson indicated Tuesday he is not actively pursuing a bat to add to the lineup at this point, despite the New York Mets' offensive issues.

Alderson suggested the Mets will wait until David Wright and Travis d'Arnaud return from the disabled list before making any decisions about what the club may require externally to upgrade the offense.

The Mets entered Tuesday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals ranked 22nd in homers (30), 25th in batting average (.238), and 24th in on-base percentage (.302). Matt Harvey has received no-decisions in each of his past two starts despite departing each outing late with a 1-0 lead.

"Right now we're not looking outside," Alderson said. "We're looking inside to get some of our players back and see where we are at that point."

With lower-back pain having subsided, Wright did baseball activity at the Mets' complex in Port St. Lucie, Florida, for a second straight day on Tuesday. D'Arnaud took dry swings for a second straight day as he returns from a fractured right pinkie, but he has yet to advance to batting practice.

Alderson estimated both players could miss another 10 days to two weeks before being activated from the DL.

"I don't think you can expect [Wright] back sooner than a week, maybe 10 days, maybe even two weeks," Alderson said. "I'd say the same with d'Arnaud. I think a week is way too aggressive. It's going to be a little bit longer than that."

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he has his 2 seamer going as well it's disgusting.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess it's safe to say, Jon Niese is NOT going to out-duel Michael Wacha tonight?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was fun leading the division for nearly two months of the season.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK (5/20)-- Tonight's lineups for Wednesday's 7:10 p.m. ET game between the New York Mets and St. Louis Cardinals at Citi Field.

•Bartolo Colon has tossed 45 1/3 consecutive walk-free innings. The franchise record belongs to Bret Saberhagen, who went 47 2/3 innings without issuing a walk in 1994.

i

Curtis Granderson, RF

Eric Campbell, 3B

Lucas Duda, 1B

Michael Cuddyer, LF

Daniel Murphy, 2B

Wilmer Flores, SS

Juan Lagares, CF

Kevin Plawecki, C

Colon, RHP

Cardinals

Kolten Wong, 2B