• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ 58% to beat OKC. Now THAT'S some funny stuff.

You're really sleeping on OKC and the capability of Durant and Westbrook to go off. People keep sleeping on OKC. Just remember that anytime they have been healthy in the playoffs, they have always made at least the WCF since 2011.

Durant usually goes off on GSW

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really sleeping on OKC and the capability of Durant and Westbrook to go off. People keep sleeping on OKC. Just remember that anytime they have been healthy in the playoffs, they have always made at least the WCF since 2011.

Durant usually goes off on GSW

I'm surprised to see that the Dubs and Thunder haven't played each other in over a year! That's crazy.

Those 3 match-ups coming in the next several weeks should be fun.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...the Cavs were 2 inches awy on an Iman Shumpert shot from being up 3-0 against the Warriors with half a team. - and now they have no chance? lol
Let the Warriors win the regular season. As we have seen this week- that has not been and will not be the Cavs final goal.

You really think if GSW did lose game 1 that they would not have come out with more of an sense of urgency game 2. You're delusional.

Mark my words. No team is beating a healthy Golden State roster back to back games in a playoffs series in that arena. It just won't happen

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised to see that the Dubs and Thunder haven't played each other in over a year! That's crazy.

Those 3 match-ups coming in the next several weeks should be fun.

Last year KD had 30 at half then got hurt. Was going to drop 50+ on them that night. They usually play really good games. I actually would look forward more to a Warriors/Thunder series than a Spurs/Warriors series. More exciting games IMO

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we know TD will make some impact. But really, who thought it would get this bad? While I think the Spurs are a great team I just don't think TD would've impacted this that much. I just think the Warriors came out to play regardless of who was or wasn't on the court.

Yea, they had a rough night trying to guard Steph tonight.

You can't take too much from a blowout by the Warriors. They are so explosive that they can turn any game against any team into a blowout in a matter of a couple of minutes.

I could see the Spurs winning a playoff series where the Warriors actually outscored them in overall points because the Spurs won 4 games by 4-8 points while the Warriors won 3 games by 15+.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna see LAD cussin'. :lol:
lol...she is a classy one huh? lol....

you want an ACTUAL band wagoner its LAD--- ask here where her GSW fandom was 5 years ago- it was nonexistent....but- whatever. lol...it just cracks me up that I GET accused of being a OKC when all that I really like about them is their GM Presti- and of course THE RW.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a game that truly showed just how important TIMMY is to the Spurs defense.
He is the DPOY for the team. I said it before the game...and it is even more obvious now.
I have never waivered once from that opinion even if K-Leonard wins the league award.

I predicted a 12-15 point loss regardless of personnel.
But, without Timmy, Golden State was able to attack the rim without any fear.

I can live with them shooting a ton of 3s...but they did not need to do so.
GS scored almost all its points by relentlessly attacking the rim once they got past the up defenders.

All that 3-point shooting forces you to play up on them. If they get by you, you need a backstop.
But If you sag back, they shoot about 20 three pointers in your face.

San Antonio has had a history of beating them, because they can play up on the shooters.
They know that Duncan has their back and its no layups if they get beat.
And if not Duncan, a guy like Tiago Splitter was more than capable as well.

The SPURS do have an obvious weakness now. Diaw/West are not good at defending the rim.
It is Duncan or Bust. Aldridge cannot be trusted to do it regularly.

Aldridge is a 50/50 rim defender.....some nights okay at it....some night horrible at it.
Last night he was stubbornly allergic and unwilling to even try to defend the rim.

I hope Pop yells at him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 81870 ...No shit Mr. Obvious! The consistency & coaching, really?? Maybe next you'll tell us that the water in the ocean is salty! How in the world can you try to compare Pop & Lue or even the 2 franchises? This is some funny stuff...

Pop: regular season games coached: 1537 (1,060-477) / playoffs: 246 (152-94)
Lue: regular season games coached: 2 (1-1) / playoffs: 0

View attachment 81870

Why don't you tell that to some of the other posters that are trying to compare the Spurs and Cavs, fuck boy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year KD had 30 at half then got hurt. Was going to drop 50+ on them that night. They usually play really good games. I actually would look forward more to a Warriors/Thunder series than a Spurs/Warriors series. More exciting games IMO

Yeah, KD went off that game but the Warriors still held the lead at half.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Riley styles his hair with Essence of Sewer Rat actually...

Wonder what Dan Gilbert bathes in then.

And funny how you say Golden St. is peaking. Motherfuckers have been peaking all damn season.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I absolutely loved about the Warriors game yesterday was the notched up the intensity on the defensive end of the court. Everyone was active early and it set a tone. Holding a team like the Spurs to 90 points, 66 after 3 quarters is amazing.

Draymond played so hard on the defensive end that Kerr mentioned it was the first time Draymond asked for a sub. He was a big part in not letting Aldridge get anything going. Klay and HB both did great on their turns guarding Kawhi. Steph swarmed Parker everytime the ball was in his hands.

Overall just a great defensive performance that fueled the Warriors play.