• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is a little amusing to see some of the same posters who went all "this proves the Cavs cannot beat the Warriors in a 7 game series" now talking about how 1 game means nothing.

:bolt:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is a little amusing to see some of the same posters who went all "this proves the Cavs cannot beat the Warriors in a 7 game series" now talking about how 1 game means nothing.

Yeah true. Right now the way the Warriors are playing not one team can beat them, but that's why you play 82 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah true. Right now the way the Warriors are playing not one team can beat them, but that's why you play 82 games.

Yeah, I mean the truth is that its neither one extreme or the other.

The game certainly doesn't mean nothing... but it doesn't prove anything either.

It shows how dominant the Warriors are playing right now. It could have a psychological impact down the road (I doubt it in the case of the Spurs). It impacts the current momentum of each team. It might be an indicator of how future games will go. But when the playoffs roll around the W-L result of the season will have almost no bearing on what goes down.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know who you're referencing. But the difference between the Spurs and Cavs is consistency and coaching. We've seen moves like this from the Spurs before. What's Cleveland's excuse? That group hasn't won a title and needs to prove something, the Spurs have.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean the truth is that its neither one extreme or the other.

The game certainly doesn't mean nothing... but it doesn't prove anything either.

It shows how dominant the Warriors are playing right now. It could have a psychological impact down the road (I doubt it in the case of the Spurs). It impacts the current momentum of each team. It might be an indicator of how future games will go. But when the playoffs roll around the W-L result of the season will have almost no bearing on what goes down.

The Dubs have been playing dominant for the entire season so far, they only have 4 losses. It probably would've been smart for people like Doc Rivers, Lebron, Kyrie, etc... to not talk shit about the easy path the Warriors had last season. Now they're taking it out on everyone.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know who you're referencing. But the difference between the Spurs and Cavs is consistency and coaching. We've seen moves like this from the Spurs before. What's Cleveland's excuse? That group hasn't won a title and needs to prove something, the Spurs have.

There is no excuse. The Warriors beat them down big time, I'm not trying to run from that.

And, yes, I get that the Spurs are the great and mighty organization who can do no wrong and have proven themselves time and time again. Didn't help them get out of the first round last year.

I'm obviously being snarky. Bottom line.... whatever benefit of doubt the Spurs deserve over the Cavs (and they do).... its not nearly enough to justify brushing off this game while declaring Saturday's game to be proof that the Cavs can't beat the Warriors.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs have been playing dominant for the entire season so far, they only have 4 losses. It probably would've been smart for people like Doc Rivers, Lebron, Kyrie, etc... to not talk shit about the easy path the Warriors had last season. Now they're taking it out on everyone.

LeBron never talked about the Warriors path being easy. You're probably referring to this quote.

“They’ve been the most healthy team I’ve ever seen in NBA history and they have great talent. They’ve just been consistent,” he said. “Think the most impressive thing is the way they just they’ve been playing at a high level for so long."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse. The Warriors beat them down big time, I'm not trying to run from that.

And, yes, I get that the Spurs are the great and mighty organization who can do no wrong and have proven themselves time and time again. Didn't help them get out of the first round last year.

I'm obviously being snarky. Bottom line.... whatever benefit of doubt the Spurs deserve over the Cavs (and they do).... its not nearly enough to justify brushing off this game while declaring Saturday's game to be proof that the Cavs can't beat the Warriors.

The game is being brushed off because this was the first meeting of 4 this season. The Cavs meeting with GSW was the final game of their season series and GSW 4th straight win vs Cleveland dating back to June. If GSW is able to do this in 2 of the final 3 games vs SAS this season then nobody would be brushing it off.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is being brushed off because this was the first meeting of 4 this season. The Cavs meeting with GSW was the final game of their season series and GSW 4th straight win vs Cleveland dating back to June. If GSW is able to do this in 2 of the final 3 games vs SAS this season then nobody would be brushing it off.

Ok.... did you happen to catch any of the 1st matchup between the Cavs and Warriors at Oracle Arena?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the difference between the Spurs and Cavs is consistency and coaching.

laughingsmiley.gif ...No shit Mr. Obvious! The consistency & coaching, really?? Maybe next you'll tell us that the water in the ocean is salty! How in the world can you try to compare Pop & Lue or even the 2 franchises? This is some funny stuff...

Pop: regular season games coached: 1537 (1,060-477) / playoffs: 246 (152-94)
Lue: regular season games coached: 2 (1-1) / playoffs: 0

laughingsmiley.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.... did you happen to catch any of the 1st matchup between the Cavs and Warriors at Oracle Arena?

Yes I did. Your point? GSW played as bad as they could and won. Are we supposed to throw a parade for Cleveland for keeping it close?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did. Your point? GSW played as bad as they could and won. Are we supposed to throw a parade for Cleveland for keeping it close?

That game along with the series last year is evidence that the Cavs could be competitive in a series against the Warriors. I absolutely believe they would be. And no, the goal is not to just be competitive.

But this whole discussion is coming from me calling out people saying that the Cavs have "no chance" against the Warriors. I find that opinion to be absurd.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would imagine you're referring to Spurs fans. LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game along with the series last year is evidence that the Cavs could be competitive in a series against the Warriors. I absolutely believe they would be. And no, the goal is not to just be competitive.

But this whole discussion is coming from me calling out people saying that the Cavs have "no chance" against the Warriors. I find that opinion to be absurd.

Who said they wouldn't be competitive? I highly doubt they can beat GSW in a series unless they make a move at the deadline but can they be competitive and probably get to a 6 game? No question about that. I don't think anyone on here was on here talking about how the Warriors would destroy them in every game in a best of 7 series.

I don't think it is that absurd. Have you not seen the Warriors play this season? Just about every team in the league doesn't stand a chance against them in a series.

I would give GSW about a 85% chance to beat Cleveland in a series, 62% to beat SAS, & 58% chance to beat OKC.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they wouldn't be competitive? I highly doubt they can beat GSW in a series unless they make a move at the deadline but can they be competitive and probably get to a 6 game? No question about that. I don't think anyone on here was on here talking about how the Warriors would destroy them in every game in a best of 7 series.

I don't think it is that absurd. Have you not seen the Warriors play this season? Just about every team in the league doesn't stand a chance against them in a series.

I would give GSW about a 85% chance to beat Cleveland in a series, 62% to beat SAS, & 58% chance to beat OKC.
Fair enough. To me, if you believe a team with LeBron can be competitive in a series and get to a game 6 - you've got to believe they have more than just a puncher's chance.

I'm not trying to downplay what the Warriors are doing though. Anyone would be crazy not to have them as the current favorite.

It is a little surprising to see you give the Thunder the best odds. What do you like about that matchup?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have won FIVE of the last meetings dating back to June. They won the last three games of that Finals series & won the two reg season games this season.

So only if they win ALL reg season games against the Spurs does that mean something? You're killing me with how you just seem to not be able to take the Warriors success. Cheer up, it could be worse & be LBJ winning like crazy. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ 58% to beat OKC. Now THAT'S some funny stuff.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are peaking early....

Cavs are gonna peak at the perfect time. They need a 2-4 weeks to get in shape, learn the new offense, and learn those elbow actions for Love with the 2nd unit.....after that itll be time to readjust and clamp back down on the defensive end....right around late march early april I bet this Cavs team will be playing the best ball they have ever played since the Cavaliers came into existence- will run through and gut the East - and WIN the title....as long as all the big 3 are healthy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. To me, if you believe a team with LeBron can be competitive in a series and get to a game 6 - you've got to believe they have more than just a puncher's chance.

I'm not trying to downplay what the Warriors are doing though. Anyone would be crazy not to have them as the current favorite.

It is a little surprising to see you give the Thunder the best odds. What do you like about that matchup?

Durant and Westbrook capability to go off in a series. I also love OKC small ball lineup that they throw out there against GSW which would likely be Westbrook, Morrow, Payne/Robertson, Durant, & Ibaka.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seriously...the Cavs were 2 inches awy on an Iman Shumpert shot from being up 3-0 against the Warriors with half a team. - and now they have no chance? lol
Let the Warriors win the regular season. As we have seen this week- that has not been and will not be the Cavs final goal.