• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

spring training news

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is going to be a tough team to make . i do think waldo will have a big year . man our pitching is loaded .

i do hope nolan shows up and puts on the big show and takes rf . with dearza (5 mill) , lough , young , snider , pearce seems like a longshot anyway . i just hope whoever earns it and not just given it .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the most interesting thing to follow is the progress of Bundy and Wieters. I'd like to see how healthy they both really are. I'm expecting Bundy to start at either Bowie or Norfolk this season to work off some more rust. Barring some injuries to the rotation, I don't see Bundy coming up until the 2nd half of the season or just during the roster expansion in September.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the most interesting thing to follow is the progress of Bundy and Wieters. I'd like to see how healthy they both really are. I'm expecting Bundy to start at either Bowie or Norfolk this season to work off some more rust. Barring some injuries to the rotation, I don't see Bundy coming up until the 2nd half of the season or just during the roster expansion in September.

that major league deal is a bad thing with bundy . i would think he will start at bowie and is one of the first up for the bp or spot starter . matt will be ok for the opener along with manny .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that major league deal is a bad thing with bundy . i would think he will start at bowie and is one of the first up for the bp or spot starter . matt will be ok for the opener along with manny .

Yeah, I don't think Manny will be an issue since he'll actually have a full spring training to get back into game shape. Wieters I am still concerned about because you don't really hear too much about catchers having TJ surgery. It's been around 9 months so hopefully the healing process is on track for an opening day start.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think Manny will be an issue since he'll actually have a full spring training to get back into game shape. Wieters I am still concerned about because you don't really hear too much about catchers having TJ surgery. It's been around 9 months so hopefully the healing process is on track for an opening day start.

i hate to say this but our pitching got better with caleb behind the plate . it seems pitch selection and location was better . matt was finally hitting i hope that continues .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate to say this but our pitching got better with caleb behind the plate . it seems pitch selection and location was better . matt was finally hitting i hope that continues .

The pitching definitely did a lot better than I was expecting last season. What sucks about Joseph was that he was about as close to a guaranteed out as you could get when he was up at bat. Our 7-8-9 was garbage at the end of the season.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitching definitely did a lot better than I was expecting last season. What sucks about Joseph was that he was about as close to a guaranteed out as you could get when he was up at bat. Our 7-8-9 was garbage at the end of the season.

well it's hard to be deep . jj was hurt most of the year matt , manny , jj and then davis that is alot to over come . the great part it seems like nolan is healthy and if he plays rf or lf the baltimore orioles will not miss nicks bat School of Roch: Getting into the intrasquad game

i'm willing to take an 0-4 from the catcher that is putting up 000000 for the pitchers and stops the running game .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it's hard to be deep . jj was hurt most of the year matt , manny , jj and then davis that is alot to over come . the great part it seems like nolan is healthy and if he plays rf or lf the baltimore orioles will not miss nicks bat School of Roch: Getting into the intrasquad game

i'm willing to take an 0-4 from the catcher that is putting up 000000 for the pitchers and stops the running game .

I understand that and have no problem with that line of thinking. My problem is is that he never really improved throughout the season with his hitting. You'd figure that with a few months of being in the lineup on a regular basis that he would have shown signs of improvement but I didn't see any.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that and have no problem with that line of thinking. My problem is is that he never really improved throughout the season with his hitting. You'd figure that with a few months of being in the lineup on a regular basis that he would have shown signs of improvement but I didn't see any.
i could live with his july .270 and august .300 5 hr but the rest was pretty bad Caleb Joseph Game By Game Stats and Performance - Baltimore Orioles - ESPN like schoop some when it was done led straight to wins .

how about the hoos when anderson got hurt i expected a downer .then to see you lose your backcourt on the floor and both bleeding on the floor . i bet your heart skipped a beat ? mine did lol

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could live with his july .270 and august .300 5 hr but the rest was pretty bad Caleb Joseph Game By Game Stats and Performance - Baltimore Orioles - ESPN like schoop some when it was done led straight to wins .

how about the hoos when anderson got hurt i expected a downer .then to see you lose your backcourt on the floor and both bleeding on the floor . i bet your heart skipped a beat ? mine did lol

I definitely thought that LP was going to be out an extra game for a concussion. He definitely showed some balls coming back and playing after missing one game and then dumping the mask protecting his nose after halftime. Got the regular season title tonight after a really awful 14 minutes to start the game. Now need to win the ACC tournament and the NCAA tournament.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely thought that LP was going to be out an extra game for a concussion. He definitely showed some balls coming back and playing after missing one game and then dumping the mask protecting his nose after halftime. Got the regular season title tonight after a really awful 14 minutes to start the game. Now need to win the ACC tournament and the NCAA tournament.

i do think they have something for the wildcats best part is uva will bring almost everyone back next year . go hoos

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to start playing ball . they have nolan in rf and snider in lf today . go o's

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great thing this game not on tv waldo gave up 7 in the second on 3 hits and E by waldo and a hbp plus walks omg .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do think they have something for the wildcats best part is uva will bring almost everyone back next year . go hoos

Best news is that Justin Anderson could possibly be back as early as the Louisville game on Saturday!

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yoon is also a bust heading back to korea . so chen is the only one to pass the mustard

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best news is that Justin Anderson could possibly be back as early as the Louisville game on Saturday!
anderson had surgery today i think they said apendix removed hope all goes well .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb network is going to have the twins and o's at 1 on sunday . tuesday game vs yankees is on masn

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't O's news...but wow

Marcus Stroman Likely Out For Season With Torn ACL
By Jeff Todd [March 10, 2015 at 1:31pm CDT]
Blue Jays starter Marcus Stroman has a torn ACL and is expected to miss the season, the club announced. While a knee injury may carry less long-term risk than would a problem with Stroman’s valuable right arm, the news nevertheless constitutes a huge blow to the Jays and a significant set-back for the prized 23-year-old.

The stakes are high for the Blue Jays after a win-now offseason spent bolstering the club’s lineup with veteran additions. Stroman had been expected to lead the rotation after a strong rookie year in which he posted a 3.65 ERA over 130 2/3 frames with 7.6 K/9 against 1.9 BB/9. Drawing rave reviews from scouts, Stroman also posted peripherals that suggested he was even better than his earned run mark.

Toronto expects to fill the void internally, at least this spring, as Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca tweets. Marco Estrada will compete with top prospects Daniel Norris and Aaron Sanchez for a rotation spot, GM Alex Anthopoulos told reporters. Of course, that will not only have implications for the team’s overall starting depth, but will take away options from an already less-than-ideal bullpen situation.

As others have noted, Toronto was said to be tapped out already in terms of 2015 spending, making a significant addition seem a difficult fit. Estrada does have plenty of big league time under his belt, some of it promising, while Norris and Sanchez bring plenty of upside. Of course, while the free agent market is currently lacking in supply, the team will potentially have the ability to attract a veteran who does not make an Opening Day roster and exercises an opt-out clause. And it is worth remembering as well that Johan Santana is under contract with the Jays.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lee may never pitch again . it's good to have guys named bundy , berry , wilson and wright chopping at the bit at aaa and i still think gamboa has a shot .