• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2015

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live in Southern California now. Started the trips when we lived in Texas.

A dedicated fan. Cool. Check out that new area called the Yard across the bridge right next to the park where the parking lot is. There is a beer garden , a BBQ place, and about 8 food trucks in a little community. I went yesterday and everyone was partying hard. Smiles everywhere.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Yard. I think it would be cool if the Giants brought in local bands to play before games and maybe afterwards too. It would spice things up and get people dancing and jacked up for games. Put everyone in a real positive mood.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants win 2-1 over the A's today and it is on. Giants baseball ! Huddy was cook N' and Hunter Strickland struck out the side on the 9th coming in with two runners on. Giants have turned it up just in time for the long ride to chase history. They are ready..the fans are ready...let's Rock & Roll starting Monday !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Strickland close out ST in style

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants win 2-1 over the A's today and it is on. Giants baseball ! Huddy was cook N' and Hunter Strickland struck out the side on the 9th coming in with two runners on. Giants have turned it up just in time for the long ride to chase history. They are ready..the fans are ready...let's Rock & Roll starting Monday !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:
Still gotta find some offense though. Can't count on the opposing pitcher to balk the winning run in very often.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they didn't blow up the roster, I guess...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they didn't blow up the roster, I guess...

Marty Lurie said on the post game that there still is a chance Sabean will make a move . They might trade Adrianza ..might go after a free agent RF. You never know with Sabes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty Lurie said on the post game that there still is a chance Sabean will make a move . They might trade Adrianza ..might go after a free agent RF. You never know with Sabes.
Trading Adrianza has NOTHING to do with a roster shakeup or sending a message to the clubhouse. If EA is, in fact, dealt, it will be to ease the roster crunch that Duffy has created by being a freaking monster-stud. He has been a trade candidate for the last year-plus.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Adrianza has NOTHING to do with a roster shakeup or sending a message to the clubhouse. If EA is, in fact, dealt, it will be to ease the roster crunch that Duffy has created by being a freaking monster-stud. He has been a trade candidate for the last year-plus.

Cal, I never said Adrianza was a shake up trade but don't leave out the possibility of a pick up of a RF..say Schierholtz. RF is a key position going forward until Pence gets back from his injury. Sabes has his hand next to a phone just in case.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is this in response to? Did somebody talk about Adrianza pages ago that you are rebutting?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this in response to? Did somebody talk about Adrianza pages ago that you are rebutting?
I am mod of this page. I don't have the luxery of putting anyone on ignore...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly we have won 4 of the last 5, and 7 of the last 9 (not counting the 2-2 tie). In the last 4 wins, we gave up 6 runs. The starters have been steady (ahem, Jake), the bullpen has been solid, the hitters have been timely enough, and we even sold out the two home games.

Shhhh. Don't let anyone know. We are ready.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly we have won 4 of the last 5, and 7 of the last 9 (not counting the 2-2 tie). In the last 4 wins, we gave up 6 runs. The starters have been steady (ahem, Jake), the bullpen has been solid, the hitters have been timely enough, and we even sold out the two home games.

Sounds like Jake may even get skipped to tune up as much as he can. Vogey would then start in his place the second game of the season.

First real game tonight! Then Opening Day tomorrow!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Duffy has made the squad as a reserve infielder. Adrianza DFA'd.

Machi and Kontos both stay for now.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB2pqk9UoAEWDLB.png:large

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hard pressed to imagine that a defending WSC has ever started the next year with so weak of an outfield. (Understanding we get Pence back in a few weeks.)

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am mod of this page. I don't have the luxery of putting anyone on ignore...

With the old forum software, I saw basically an empty post when my ignored 'special friends' - but I saw that they posted. I just realized that with the NEW forum S/W, I don't even see that they have posted, and that quotes from ignored members aren't shown to me either - I just see what the non-ignored person wrote, with no indication that there is even a quote in the post. Interesting.

That explains why I got confused - I didn't even see that they had posted anything. When I click on 'show ignored content' (which I did for the first time today) a bunch of posts showed up. I also see that I didn't miss anything. ;)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Therein lies the problem.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I'll bite. What are you talking about?
They still sell out whether they spend money on players or not. That's why you see Kimbrell, Upton, Kemp, Shields and two or three other top quality players go to the Padres while Giants management stands by with their thumb up their ass and give us cast offs like Aoki and McGehee. Why should they spend when they sell out every game anyway.

The have blown a golden opportunity to really create a dynasty by ading some great pieces to the core they already have.