• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2015

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Giants played without a DH tells you all you need to know.

The Giants dont give a flying leap whether they win ST games or not. They are properly focused. They play without a DH in the regular season, so why play with a DH in the last few ST games?

It is their first game at AT&T this year, and Maxwell mis-judged a ball off the wall. OH MY GOD!!!! TRADE HIM!! BLOW UP THE ROSTER!!!

Relax. It is a VERY hard wall to play. He will get used to it. Or he won't. He is the #5 OFer.

Pagan made an error. So what? Errors happen. Our two BEST defensive OFers (Blanco and Perez) BOTH mangled a play in the 9th inning of game 7 of the World Series last year. It happens.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the fans deserving more because they paid top dollar, well, that is another argument entirely. ST is too long by AT LEAST 2 weeks, but it is a cash cow, so it exists. All sports do this, and it aint changing anytime soon. If the fans were expecting play-off level play in ST, they are morons.

I am going to the Padre opening day against the Giants next Thursday, and I fully expect to still see some sloppy play out of both teams. It is April, and it is what it is.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Giants played without a DH tells you all you need to know.

The Giants dont give a flying leap whether they win ST games or not. They are properly focused. They play without a DH in the regular season, so why play with a DH in the last few ST games?

It is their first game at AT&T this year, and Maxwell mis-judged a ball off the wall. OH MY GOD!!!! TRADE HIM!! BLOW UP THE ROSTER!!!

Relax. It is a VERY hard wall to play. He will get used to it. Or he won't. He is the #5 OFer.

Pagan made an error. So what? Errors happen. Our two BEST defensive OFers (Blanco and Perez) BOTH mangled a play in the 9th inning of game 7 of the World Series last year. It happens.

Cal, I respect your views but Man, I have been around baseball a long time and I know when a team needs a kick in the ass. It's time to mount up and fucking ride. Period !

Trust me on this.

Go Giants !!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal, I respect your views but Man, I have been around baseball a long time and I know when a team needs a kick in the ass. It's time to mount up and fucking ride. Period !

Trust me on this.

Go Giants !!
So you're saying that after three WSC's in five years, Bochy needs your help to do his job? And the players need your inspiration? All without a single regular season game in the books?

Trust you? Do I have that right?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants got smoked by the A's tonight at Home. A's used the DH the Giants did not. I know it's still Spring games but the Giants looked flat tonight. I know they are all bored and shit but Man, people paid money out there tonight in the first game home and the Giants fell flat. I would like to kick some ass here these next two games to get the juices flowing. I am telling you..I would'nt mind Sabean pulling the trigger on a deal here or a pick up. Something ! Shake the shit up and get the boys attention. The season starts Monday and the Giants need to pick up the pace here and show some offense and pitch better. Making History is just around the corner . Fuck ..Who wants it ! Time to mount up and fucking ride boys.

Not gonna happen. They've got all the cards and they know you will pay your money. You are going to take what they give you whether you like it or not. The fact that they dumped Susac and Duff and kept inferior players with guaranteed contarcts like Arias and Sanchez should tell ou all you need to know.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. Maxwell looked confused out there in RF tonight and is not ready playing defense out there. The Giants need to bring someone in to play that position pronto. I like the kid but he is not ready for that wall out there in RF.

In his defense though, few people are. That's a tough field with a lot of area to cover. Maybe he'll platoon with Blanco in Left if Pence is able to return.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ... we're a few days away from the opening bell .... and as for myself ... I'm not sure what to expect from this team. We should be well past this ST mode and things should be somewhat settled. Just not what I expected. I haven't been impressed by the SP at all. Seems that most of them (except Bum's last start) seem to be getting hit pretty hard. Peavy looked horrible yesterday (at least from reading his line). Timmy hasn't seemed to fair much better and Cain and Huddy are still a question. Pen has looked good. Hitting is also somewhat scattered. Duffy, Belt and a few others seem to be rounding into form. The majority of them seems to be stuck around the mendoza line. Last year we had a torrid start (42-19) ... then went cold as ice ..... then played about .500 ball to close out the season. Then got hot again in the post season. I still think the question will be .... do we have enough to get us to the post season? I still believe that we are not a match for the Doggies over a 162 game schedule. I'd expect them to take the division by 6 or more games. I just think they are much more balanced then we are at the moment. That leaves us with a wild card position .... which is going to be a very crowed neighborhood!

Well, they pieced this rotation together with spare parts of either older or broken models. You get what you pay for but you have to admit that Giants fans have gotten a huge bang for their buck through the last 5 years. Who is the last team to win 3 championships in 5 years? I couldn't tell you so, as fans, we've got it pretty good.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game last night and saw some real Giants baseball. Top notch performance and Posey blasted one to center. Cain looked sharp. All the pitching was sharp. Shut those fuckers out 4-0. That's Giants baseball! I saw a little extra pep in their step and the concentration level seemed to be where it needs to be.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game last night and saw some real Giants baseball. Top notch performance and Posey blasted one to center. Cain looked sharp. All the pitching was sharp. Shut those fuckers out 4-0. That's Giants baseball! I saw a little extra pep in their step and the concentration level seemed to be where it needs to be.

Go Giants !!

They read your post from yesterday and you put the fear if God into them...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They read your post from yesterday and you put the fear if God into them...

I am expecting a call from the Skip at any moment now to join the coaching staff. he he he

They looked ready last night. Fun night at the yard. I love Friday nights. It's one big party everywhere in the city and also the beautiful women are out in force. ti amo bella donna ...molto bene. Full moon last night..love was in the air. I am ready for the season to start.

Go Giants !!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha

Go Giants !!

Ha ha! Feeling better this morning I see.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet your ass.....I live to win !

Go Giants !!
Good to hear. Too bad the Giants aren't opening at home so the crowd can properly welcome Bumgarner and the boys back after that epic game 7. They ought to make it a rule that the defending WS champs always open at home the next season.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear. Too bad the Giants aren't opening at home so the crowd can properly welcome Bumgarner and the boys back after that epic game 7. They ought to make it a rule that the defending WS champs always open at home the next season.

Yeah it would be cool to have them open up at home but it still will be cool on April 13th and then later that week for the ring ceremony. It should be a special celebration and the crowd will be going nutz. The boys deserve it all. What they have done not only for themselves but for the whole Bay Area. They made everyone feel like they are a part of it. Everyone feels like a Champion. These are some real glory years we are going through as Giants fans and everyone seems to be soaking in the sunny days. Good stuff.

Go Giants !!

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna make it up to the Bay Area for the Tuesday (Apr 14) game against the Rockies and MadBum booblehead night. Really looking forward to it.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna make it up to the Bay Area for the Tuesday (Apr 14) game against the Rockies and MadBum booblehead night. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah they have been showing the bobblehead on TV and it looks cool. Have fun Man. Good times.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they have been showing the bobblehead on TV and it looks cool. Have fun Man. Good times.

This will be our 4th year in a row making the trip to go see a game. We try to get a different section each time moving around the park. This year we'll be in centerfield.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be our 4th year in a row making the trip to go see a game. We try to get a different section each time moving around the park. This year we'll be in centerfield.

Where are you from Jeep?