• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2015

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still sell out whether they spend money on players or not. That's why you see Kimbrell, Upton, Kemp, Shields and two or three other top quality players go to the Padres while Giants management stands by with their thumb up their ass and give us cast offs like Aoki and McGehee. Why should they spend when they sell out every game anyway.

The have blown a golden opportunity to really create a dynasty by ading some great pieces to the core they already have.

<sigh>

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day Lineups: Giants - Sporcle Games & Trivia

This link has been posted many times before, but it is a fun little walk down memory lane. I do it somewhat regularly, so I get 100% just about every time through, but it took me a while to get there.

Man we have had a lot of catchers in the last 25 years...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ZERO recollection of Rick Wilkins and Cory Snyder. I got 208/216
I never had a prob with Snyder. I remember when we got him I had somewhat high hopes. He was rather studly when he came up with the Tribe.

He ended up just being a flash-in-the-pan, though...

Wilkins I remember with the team, but I always forgot adding him until my later runs through the "game". Like I said, we have had a shit-ton of catchers over the years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ZERO recollection of Rick Wilkins and Cory Snyder. I got 208/216
208? Thats 6 other slots you missed.

Who else did you miss? Carreon? Bass? Shinjo? Javier? Davis?

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I spent some time in AZ a couple of weeks ago. Here are some pics from that trip.

Hector
original.jpg

Vogey with new 'doo and Weezy impression
original.jpg

Our WS hero
original.jpg

Scottsdale Stadium
original.jpg

Friday night with the sun setting behind me and rain clouds approaching from the east
original.jpg

Attempted pickoff
original.jpg

Little Boch, I think, throwing a change
original.jpg

Wednesday was an off day so I hit the zoo
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that Bum pic on a baseball card...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pics, phlap! What is your choice of gear? Canon? Nikon?
Canon.
I bought my first set up (F1+lenses+flash) in the 70's from a Sgt. in my unit who was going thru a divorce from his Asian bride, and I've never seen a need to switch. Competition is good. Which company has the better gear goes in cycles.

A guy I was sitting next to at the Brewers game though Nikon was the ultimate, and if I was going to spend that much money on gear, why didn't I get the best? There is no point in further discussion with someone like that. Of the 6 games I went to the photogs at 5 of them were all using Canon.

I've been working a lot of mostly mandatory OT in the last couple of years, which has allowed me to buy some gear that I've hankered for. My rationale: You can't take it with you when you "check out". Haha, the Nikon guy disagreed with that too. :pound:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canon.
I bought my first set up (F1+lenses+flash) in the 70's from a Sgt. in my unit who was going thru a divorce from his Asian bride, and I've never seen a need to switch. Competition is good. Which company has the better gear goes in cycles.

A guy I was sitting next to at the Brewers game though Nikon was the ultimate, and if I was going to spend that much money on gear, why didn't I get the best? There is no point in further discussion with someone like that. Of the 6 games I went to the photogs at 5 of them were all using Canon.

I've been working a lot of mostly mandatory OT in the last couple of years, which has allowed me to buy some gear that I've hankered for. My rationale: You can't take it with you when you "check out". Haha, the Nikon guy disagreed with that too. :pound:

When my kids played soccer in South Pasadena, one of the parents was a sports photographer for the LA Times. Every year, his gift to the team was to track one player the whole game and take hundreds of pictures. Then he would pick the 6-8 best, and give them to the parents at the end of the year. He had some equipment to die for, including a humungous 600mm lens. They guy was really good, and very unobtrusive. The only people who knew he was doing it were friends, the team his daughter played on, and the referees (we let him set up shop behind the goals, a no-no in FIFA laws.)

I had an old Minolta 35mm in college, then about ten years ago, switched to digital with a Canon. Still love that camera. A buddy has a Nikon D90, which is really nice.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my kids played soccer in South Pasadena, one of the parents was a sports photographer for the LA Times. Every year, his gift to the team was to track one player the whole game and take hundreds of pictures. Then he would pick the 6-8 best, and give them to the parents at the end of the year. He had some equipment to die for, including a humungous 600mm lens. They guy was really good, and very unobtrusive. The only people who knew he was doing it were friends, the team his daughter played on, and the referees (we let him set up shop behind the goals, a no-no in FIFA laws.)

I had an old Minolta 35mm in college, then about ten years ago, switched to digital with a Canon. Still love that camera. A buddy has a Nikon D90, which is really nice.
The super teles that he was using cost between 9-13K. I'm not there, yet. :)