• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2012

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I'd have to see him there to confirm, but I can't see Pill being able to get to balls going away from first and whipping around to make the throw. He looked playable at 3B, though. Certainly looked smoother than Bob Brenly used to.

Those were the days. Funny how fondly I can look back on mediocrity and the disappointment of not-quite-good enough. I figured the read/react/throw of 3B didn't bode well for the range necessary at 2B, but he can't be much worse than Keppy in that department, can he? Even slightly worse might be just bad enough. I guess that is the dividing line. That, and being able to bat at least .280, consistently, at the major league level (EDIT: which we don't know that Pill can do... yet :pray:).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baseball is back, baby!

Perfect timing for the Bart Giamatti quote.

Panda looks big..but also like he's been hitting the weights too

Panda's face lacks the puffiness that it had in 2010. He's probably discovered oxandrolone.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Those were the days. Funny how fondly I can look back on mediocrity and the disappointment of not-quite-good enough. I figured the read/react/throw of 3B didn't bode well for the range necessary at 2B, but he can't be much worse than Keppy in that department, can he? Even slightly worse might be just bad enough. I guess that is the dividing line. That, and being able to bat at least .280, consistently, at the major league level (EDIT: which we don't know that Pill can do... yet :pray:).

Exactly.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have the 10th most difficult early schedule among NL teams. From ESPN:

Games against teams with winning records in 2011: 15 of their first 34

Home games: 15 of their first 34

Notes: The Giants and Diamondbacks will play half of their 2012 games by the end of May.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have the 10th most difficult early schedule among NL teams. From ESPN:

Games against teams with winning records in 2011: 15 of their first 34

Home games: 15 of their first 34

Notes: The Giants and Diamondbacks will play half of their 2012 games by the end of May.

That's huge. Won't be too hot either, but I assume they'll make up for that in August (but then they just close the roof and throw on the A/C... aw, technology). Info Rep.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I find it pretty funny that no one really noticed/cared that Benji retired on Sunday. Some great moments. Some pretty awful ones, too. That might be the same for Pat the Bat, but it's amazing how far a little personality (and a well-deserved ring, rather than Molina's slightly-deserved jewelry) goes toward a player's impact on a fan base.

EDIT: It probably has a lot to do with the circumstances surrounding their departures, too. Though, even if Pat's foot was okay, do you think anyone would've picked him up? His DH experiment didn't work out too well. I guess we'll never know.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Welcome back.

Thanks, Game over after three. Dunston team wins 7-1.

Susac looks good behind the plate, and a very open and wide stance while batting.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Game over after three. Dunston team wins 7-1.

Susac looks good behind the plate, and a very open and wide stance while batting.

That's my alt!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Saturday. Baggs/Hank say Huff, Fonty, Stamos, Pablo, Cabrera, Pagan, Nate, Stew, Timmeh out there to start. Boch is gonna wait on Posey for a few more days.

My guess, he catches Cain on Monday.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He's getting lots of props from what I can tell.

I saw him play against both Cal and Stanford his freshman and junior years...dude outshone everyone on the field and both local teams had real good squads in 2010 and 2011. This years Cardinal team looks incredible...

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By the way, I find it pretty funny that no one really noticed/cared that Benji retired on Sunday. Some great moments. Some pretty awful ones, too. That might be the same for Pat the Bat, but it's amazing how far a little personality (and a well-deserved ring, rather than Molina's slightly-deserved jewelry) goes toward a player's impact on a fan base.

EDIT: It probably has a lot to do with the circumstances surrounding their departures, too. Though, even if Pat's foot was okay, do you think anyone would've picked him up? His DH experiment didn't work out too well. I guess we'll never know.

Benjie was a gamer. No doubt. Congrats to him on a great career.

I think that most people's gripe about Benjie was that in a race between Benjie and his pregnant wife, he would have come in third.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good riddance to the d-bag. I think you all know my feeling about Mo.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think that most people's gripe about Benjie was that in a race between Benjie and his pregnant wife, he would have come in third.

Probably not the right time for it, don't want to hate on Bengie just after he retires, but the day he was traded was a good day for the Giants.

I hated on Bengie more than most, and it was purely because of his game calling and defensive laziness. When I saw this article (The Art of Handling the Pitching Staff), I immediately jumped to the rankings and was not surprised to see Bengie rated dead last.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the fuck is Benjie? His skinny brother? Defiantly some relation to Nick.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not the right time for it, don't want to hate on Bengie just after he retires, but the day he was traded was a good day for the Giants.

I hated on Bengie more than most, and it was purely because of his game calling and defensive laziness. When I saw this article (The Art of Handling the Pitching Staff), I immediately jumped to the rankings and was not surprised to see Bengie rated dead last.

Bengie got the free pass his first couple years here because he was the only hitter on a team full of washed up players. But once Posey was drafted and Little Money (aka Pablo) made his debut, it was the beginning of the end. Pablo became the guy on offense and Bengie's short-comings on defense became more apparent, then Posey became the Golden Child and the rest is history. The day the Giants traded Bengie is the day the Giants became World Series contenders.

Bengie sure gets a whole lotta credit for doing a whole lotta nothing, except calling countless 0-2 fastballs middle-in...