• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring game thoughts?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't always take a lot of stock in these games, but just a few thoughts:

Motley may damn well take Jordan Parkers spot. Heard he has been an animal all offseason and the hype definitely looked real.

Running backs looked decent, not great, as a group. Sutton looked better than I thought.

Mead and Jones looked the best of the WR's although Brown really didn't have a lot of chances to show his stuff.

This will be the deepest O-line we've ever had IMO. Some spots are 3 deep with quality.

Murray looked a lot better than I thought as well in the pocket IMO. Wouldn't be surprised If he's backing up Baker this year.

Young linebacking core looks extremely athletic. Gumbs was flying around everywhere. JMT, Kelly, Murray, lots of speed in that group.

Calcaterra is going to be another Mark Andrews clone. Those 2 on the field together would be real interesting.

Gallimore was a beast up front.

Thoughts?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to see it. Will catch a recap online later.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to see. Pretty obvious both sides barely crack the playbook. That said, a few of my personal observations.

This is the best offensive line unit of the stoops era and it's only getting better. This is what championship teams must have.

Aggie dumb asses talking shit about Murray are gonna look real stupid next year.

Nothing to be said about the running game except we have a stable of talent. Didn't even see Anderson, but Adams is going to make some people eat some crow. Sermon looks like he may need a red shirt year, which shouldn't be a problem. Sutton ran with more power than I expected.

Motley is your starting corner opposite JT next year.

The linebacking talent is top notch and getting better.

Nice to see the D line make some plays and get some penetration agains what we know is a very good o line unit.

I was glad to see the overall scoring was pretty low.

Green is about to get passed over. Too bad.

WR group will be fine. Can't wait for Badet to get here. Didn't get to see Brown showcase his speed, but I bet that was by design.