• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Game 2012

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA averages between 4k and 8k for spring games usually.

Do you think VT will get over 45 this year? We have been around 40-42k the past couple of years.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80% chance of rain on Saturday according to Weather.com. Not looking good 5 days out.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the good thing about the weather outlets calling for 60% and 80% chance of rain.... those are probably fairly accurate percentages to how often they are wrong as well.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought UVA was playing their spring game @ CNU this year. Was that something different? Anyway, with the number of people in that picture, they might have sold out ole Pomoco Stadium.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anybody missed them, Spring game rosters are on thekeyplay. Looks like the entire first team is on Maroon and the second team on white. Although I do think it is good they are keeping the first team O and D together, it would have been nice to see 1's vs. 1's.
Maroon-White Rosters | The Key Play

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In case anybody missed them, Spring game rosters are on thekeyplay. Looks like the entire first team is on Maroon and the second team on white. Although I do think it is good they are keeping the first team O and D together, it would have been nice to see 1's vs. 1's.
Maroon-White Rosters | The Key Play

I think the best thing they're doing is keeping the 1st team OLs together as a unit. I think that's critical for helping to rebuild a unit that has four new starters.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I love the idea of keeping the offense together. I wonder who first pushed this to the rest of the staff. The only thing I'd change is to split the defense in two. By that I mean I want Thomas to have to throw against the starting defensive backfield, while the OL has a chance to protect him against the 2nd DL.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love the idea of keeping the offense together. I wonder who first pushed this to the rest of the staff. The only thing I'd change is to split the defense in two. By that I mean I want Thomas to have to throw against the starting defensive backfield, while the OL has a chance to protect him against the 2nd DL.

If they want to keep units together then they really should have the first team defense play against the first team offense for the first half, then switch it up in the second half (first vs second). Score really doesn't mean anything, so have the entire offense as the maroon team and the white as the defense.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to keep units together then they really should have the first team defense play against the first team offense for the first half, then switch it up in the second half (first vs second). Score really doesn't mean anything, so have the entire offense as the maroon team and the white as the defense.

Yeah I agree. I feel like there trying to put on a good show for the camera crews/fans, though, so they're trying to get one side as many points as possible. Another theory is that they don't want to damage Logan and the OL's confidence going into summer so they're giving them lesser competition.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree. I feel like there trying to put on a good show for the camera crews/fans, though, so they're trying to get one side as many points as possible. Another theory is that they don't want to damage Logan and the OL's confidence going into summer so they're giving them lesser competition.

Yep, they definitely want to use this as an opportunity to get the team confident and hyped for the season. I think they know that since it will be televised/available online, they're going to limit plays on offense, but still, as you said, put on a show.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in case anyone hasn't heard, Maroon is already down 21-0

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Beamer was interviewed by Bill King this morning (247 sports). Definitely good interview by SB and what we can expect to see for the Spring Game. It appears he is starting to make a monthly appearance on his show which is nice. VT is FINALLY starting to get some love.

Billisking.com - The VOX of College Sport

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sad..as i will not be able to watch the spring game tom...hopefully it will stay up on espn3 for a while so i can catch it later. me and my wife live on opposite coasts and she is flying in tonight for a visit, so i'll not be near the computer :(

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sad..as i will not be able to watch the spring game tom...hopefully it will stay up on espn3 for a while so i can catch it later. me and my wife live on opposite coasts and she is flying in tonight for a visit, so i'll not be near the computer :(

Take care of that buddy :thumb:

Some things are more important than Hokie football....