• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spikes - LOL

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never kick the cat on the way out the door.

When Brandon Spikes lit out for Buffalo last offseason, he made it real clear he was happy to have New England in his rearview mirror.
The Patriots and all their rules on how players should act and what they should say? Too stifling for Spikes, who embraced his “I GOTTA BE MEEEEEEEE….!!!” liberation with a series of tweets last April. The first two playfully swiped at his old team, predicting Bills’ wins.
The third read simply, “4 years a slave”.
Now teamless, Spikes is saying playing for the Patriots isn’t so bad.

And hopefully the team is saying..NO THANKS!!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never kick the cat on the way out the door.

When Brandon Spikes lit out for Buffalo last offseason, he made it real clear he was happy to have New England in his rearview mirror.
The Patriots and all their rules on how players should act and what they should say? Too stifling for Spikes, who embraced his “I GOTTA BE MEEEEEEEE….!!!” liberation with a series of tweets last April. The first two playfully swiped at his old team, predicting Bills’ wins.
The third read simply, “4 years a slave”.
Now teamless, Spikes is saying playing for the Patriots isn’t so bad.

And hopefully the team is saying..NO THANKS!!

Maybe he just grew up a bit?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind the Broncos going after him...you are right though don't burn the bridges when you leave as you just never know how things will turn out. I remember Jay Cutler when he left Denver kept talking about how much better the fans in Chicago are and how he couldn't be happier to be elsewhere. He is quickly becoming known as the quarterback that kills coaches careers and no team wants to touch him.

MissTee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some people just like eating crow and dealing with the consequences of their actions after all is said and done....speak first what's immediately on the mind, and deal with any repercussions later!
:puzzled: ....hopefully he figured it all out by now!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, yes. Maybe sobering up is a better description. He didn't like Belichick's control, but maybe he appreciated it once he saw an environment that lacked control.

...or maybe some unemployment sobriety set in.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The book is out on Spikes and it doesn't tell all that great a story. While he laid some big time hits on a few RBs the other 95% of the plays he was mostly a mediocre LB. Good, but not great run stopper and too slow to cover the backs or TEs.

I'll cut him some slack on his bitchin on the way out the door cuz he's a kid. I imagine he'll give himself the facepalm when he reflects on that in his later years.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 spd banana seat Schwinn takes the cake Racer.

Exponentially better than a Boss 302, well not the Z Eater, but some of the others.