• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spezza

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has requested a trade and has a list of 10 teams he won't accept a deal to. Wonder if the Devils are on that list? If not, he'd be an interesting addition for next season.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i love how they mention these lists but never reveal the teams. i understand why but it still just is annoying. why announce it and then release it. it would give people something to talk about and speculate.

i would be surprised if we were on that list of teams he would want to go to.

but with only 1 year left on his deal i dont want the headache of "are we going to sign him or not". i rather have thorton if he is out there

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, who knows what those lists mean. Unless there is somebody within the organization that he hates I don't see why the Devils would be on his list. Typically it's the player may not like so and so, I don't want to live there, etc. Like Edmonton is a tough sell since they're up in the middle of nowhere, it's a smaller city and they have brutal winters.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
your right about edmonton but there are other teams too. its really weird when UFA time comes around it always seems the same teams are in the mix. i mean with parise and suter going to minnesota of all places it was refreshing to see that. just would be nice to see a UFA thats good go to another team like say nashville or florida.

like we think UFA time is bad here imagine if you were a fan of those two teams lol

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel like I would rather overpay for Stastny in UFA than give up assets to get Spezza. Although, I think Spezza is the more dynamic point producer. Big problem is you can't really use the 2015 first. McDavid and Eichel are too good to risk not having it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Norway should this team give up their first round pick for the next 10 years. This team hasn't picked a legit 1st round talent since Zajac

I'm not saying you will hit a home run on your picks but heck 1 out of every 5 years please

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After thinking about it at length today, the question really comes down to would we trade Larsson for Spezza? Hard to imagine the Sens would get a better prospect than that out of a guy demanding to be traded. If spezza were three years younger I would say definitely. However, when you're still looking at it, would you rather spend on Stastny and keep larsson. or get Spezza.... I think stastny would be the better option. I would definitely trade larsson for Ryan O'Reilly who seems to want out of COL the worst way for some reason....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
noway to larrson for spezza. spezza is going to bolt after this season.

i would rather do larrson for yakupov at this point.

or like you mentioned riley is a good player too wouldn't mind doing larrson for him as long as we can get him under contract. problem is i think hes a center too

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we merge this with the other offseason theread we have going? I feel like we're touching base on a lot of the same things.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

hey at least we made the cut of 20 and not on the 10 no go teams! yay!

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noway to larrson for spezza. spezza is going to bolt after this season.

i would rather do larrson for yakupov at this point

or like you mentioned riley is a good player too wouldn't mind doing larrson for him as long as we can get him under contract. problem is i think hes a center too

Just say no to Yak