• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox vs A's

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reclaimed off the this forum's trash heap - Lopez - if he continues pitching this way - will be incredibly valuable to the Sox stretch run and playoffs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's an article giving us some analysis as to why Lopez was so sucky and the changes he's made to be non-sucky and hopefully remain this way:

I just don't get why it suddenly happened when he got back to the big leagues. Why was he so utterly HORRENDOUS in spring training and AAA ball? Then, boom... he explodes the moment he's called up? Weird.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reclaimed off the this forum's trash heap - Lopez - if he continues pitching this way - will be incredibly valuable to the Sox stretch run and playoffs.
I just don't get why it suddenly happened when he got back to the big leagues. Why was he so utterly HORRENDOUS in spring training and AAA ball? Then, boom... he explodes the moment he's called up? Weird.
I'm as perplexed as anyone. I'm also sharing the belief that it still kinda remains too good to be true and that Lopez will fall back to Earth. But in the meantime, let's ride this wave while it's still cresting.

With Rodon on the shelf, Lopez couldn't have picked a better time to resurrect his flailing career. And speaking of Rodon, the man literally has millions riding on a successful return to the rotation and making it thru the playoffs. It will be the difference between a long term, fatty contract vs another one year prove it deal.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as perplexed as anyone. I'm also sharing the belief that it still kinda remains too good to be true and that Lopez will fall back to Earth. But in the meantime, let's ride this wave while it's still cresting.

With Rodon on the shelf, Lopez couldn't have picked a better time to resurrect his flailing career. And speaking of Rodon, the man literally has millions riding on a successful return to the rotation and making it thru the playoffs. It will be the difference between a long term, fatty contract vs another one year prove it deal.
Rodon already has baggage for his next contract - in that he is not a 200 inning pitcher. In fact - after 100 innings - please check under hood often and makes sure he gets plenty of rest. I'd say it looks better to me today - that the Sox could resign Rodon despite his agent.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon already has baggage for his next contract - in that he is not a 200 inning pitcher. In fact - after 100 innings - please check under hood often and makes sure he gets plenty of rest. I'd say it looks better to me today - that the Sox could resign Rodon despite his agent.
If Rodon, after coming off his injury, makes it thru the rest of the season and playoffs, I can see the Sox tendering a QO, if for no other reason than to get the bonus draft pick. But I'd be mildly surprised if they'd offer anything beyond one year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have Kopech/Crochet waiting in the wings to become starters. Rodon has been good, but he's undoubtedly expendable if his asking price is too high.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen in offseason with Rodon...All that matters is he pitches well when/if he gets his opportunity to start in the playoffs...which is likely. I wouldn't doubt our management is holding out just to see how he does in the playoffs. If he shines in the playoffs, we may overpay. If he falters, we probably look elsewhere.

Lopez is garbage. We'll rue the day if we put that guy in a playoff situation. FFS, some of us Sox fans are all out here like "I wonder if Hendriks can get it done" while simultaneously like "Hmmm...Maybe Lopez does have something in there...." That's some serious f*cking leapage if you think about it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen in offseason with Rodon...All that matters is he pitches well when/if he gets his opportunity to start in the playoffs...which is likely. I wouldn't doubt our management is holding out just to see how he does in the playoffs. If he shines in the playoffs, we may overpay. If he falters, we probably look elsewhere.

Lopez is garbage. We'll rue the day if we put that guy in a playoff situation. FFS, some of us Sox fans are all out here like "I wonder if Hendriks can get it done" while simultaneously like "Hmmm...Maybe Lopez does have something in there...." That's some serious f*cking leapage if you think about it.
i'm with you on lopez. i think he's actually worth something now and IF he keeps it up thru the rest of the season he should be the first one traded for something reasonably valuable after the season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1060030154-tumblr_m1bc6qkL4O1rs7wflo1_500.gif
That episode of that sketch always cracks me up. Watching the whole cast lose it is hilarious.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Hate to say it, but baseball needs to consider pitcher helmets.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you hate to say it, why'd you say it?
Because it is necessary to say it. Actually - I was thinking of Herb Score and what happened to his career. Marshall - more recently for the Sox took one on the noggin.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and btw, NO!
I keep forgetting that you are The Commissioner of Baseball - in your mind. At least mandate pitchers finish the delivery in a fielding position.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting that you are The Commissioner of Baseball - in your mind. At least mandate pitchers finish the delivery in a fielding position.
how do you come to the conclusion i'm baseball commissioner? because i say no? it's called an opinion. :)
but yeah, i don't agree with the continued wussification of sports. it's the age old slippery slope. what's next? cages for the pitchers? full body armor cause collins took one in the neck a couple days ago? maybe beepers telling outfielders they're going to collide either with a wall or each other? people get hurt doing things they either love or get paid a lot of money for ... or both!. always been and always will be.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the A's are switching things up a bit by going with an opener tonite against Lynn. Cole Irvin was originally scheduled, but he's now slated for tomorrow's day game opposite Cease.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is necessary to say it. Actually - I was thinking of Herb Score and what happened to his career. Marshall - more recently for the Sox took one on the noggin.
It's a sport. Guys get hurt playing sports. It's a bone fracture and it will heal.

They're grown men. If they WANT to wear a helmet, that is their choice. I don't see why it should be legislated into the game, though. They are welcome to wear one right now, if they so please. Why do we need it to be more than that?

Every freak moment on the field does not call for a league to reorganize its rules. This is how we've wound up with the NFL having like 2 spots on the body where you can touch receivers and QB's.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really would have been a nice time for Moncada to come through there. Put up a crooked number in the first and continue the momentum from last night. We let em off easy.