• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sounds like B1G not done with ACC yet...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot of smoke around GT and they may have jumped Uva. I know they reached out when we took Umd, damn is about to burst in ACC, Big 12 and sEC will be circling to pick it clean and I can see B1G grabbing UNC if ND doesn't come....could even see B1G going as high as 18-20 if they get the right teams, end game being the death of the NCAA with 4 super conferences keeping all the cash instead of paying an organization as corrupt and worthless as the day is long.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 is about the most that I can see us jumping to in the near future. I think alot of the old "core" of the conference is opposed to the rapid expansion or at least their fan bases are. At 16 if you go East/West divisions those original Big Ten members that end up in the East will rarely play the rest of the original conference rivals.

That said, I think it is inevitable that we end up with 4 super conferences seeding a playoff with the other conferences being effectively forced back to I-AA (FCS). Hell I could see the conferences going 4 divisions seeding their own playoffs at the pace of expansion. Conference Semi-Finals, Conferences Championships, NCAA Semi-Finals, NCAA Championships.

EDIT: Even at 16 I think going 9 conference games is an absolute necessity to keep teams playing each other fairly often. More than that and we'll have to evaluate 10 conference games which will make alot of the larger schools like us and Ohio State cry foul.

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't want 10 conference games because then you couldn't have 8 home games like Nebraska will next year..

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 is about the most that I can see us jumping to in the near future. I think alot of the old "core" of the conference is opposed to the rapid expansion or at least their fan bases are. At 16 if you go East/West divisions those original Big Ten members that end up in the East will rarely play the rest of the original conference rivals.

That said, I think it is inevitable that we end up with 4 super conferences seeding a playoff with the other conferences being effectively forced back to I-AA (FCS). Hell I could see the conferences going 4 divisions seeding their own playoffs at the pace of expansion. Conference Semi-Finals, Conferences Championships, NCAA Semi-Finals, NCAA Championships.

EDIT: Even at 16 I think going 9 conference games is an absolute necessity to keep teams playing each other fairly often. More than that and we'll have to evaluate 10 conference games which will make alot of the larger schools like us and Ohio State cry foul.

20 teams would be in 4 - 5 team pods, you'd play your own pod and rotate playing other pods by year, playing every team during 3 year span. You are correct on the pod winners as a semifinal and then conference championship. This will happen when SEC and B1G decide they've outgrown the need for the NCAA and the Big 12 and Pac 12 join them. They are all just pissing money away by staying in a useless organization like the NCAA anyhow.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so certain that the Big 12 will be the fourth conference but otherwise yeah it'll be happening. I'm not sure that the Big 12 will survive another round of SEC and PAC12 expansion. The PAC 12 doesn't have anywhere to go but east for solid schools. I think they'll once again target at least two Texas schools and the Oklahoma schools if push comes to shove. If they want to get to 18 it makes sense to also add the Kansas schools to that list.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big 12 is solid and will survive..........signed a gor so new conference that takes any big 12 teams wont have rights to the school until 2026

acc will get picked clean by b1g,sec and big 12

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big 12 is solid and will survive..........signed a gor so new conference that takes any big 12 teams wont have rights to the school until 2026

acc will get picked clean by b1g,sec and big 12

This is what I see happening.. ACC is toast or at the very best will be Big East 2.0 and left in cold when Superconferences form.