• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sort of a Tebow thread

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand why Football GMs and coaches stay away from what is not normal... We had the Wild cat in Miami be very successful and the reason it was successful there was because they had the players to do it... Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams were amazing runners, they could catch and they could even pass... But the Wildcat left the league because there was a flaw to it- it would not work against very good defenses... What does work against very good defenses?? the other reason it failed was because other teams who were not equiped with the talent to use it would use it and make it look bad...

Now we are at the read option... Teams that have the read option QBs are too afraid now to use their QBs to their full potential(i am looking at you carolina) because of the risk of health and because they believe it is not the best anymore... Turning these QBs into pocket passers is just stupid... It is taking away your QBs best attribute, and turning him into an average QB at best...

Now, we get to Tebow, I do not understand why Jacksonville does not/did not sign him... Was he blacklisted?? So what if tebow cant throw the short passes... He had a good long ball... and that is good for blackmon and shorts... and Tebow would improve the running game, which would help MJD... Not saying Jacksonville would not be one of the worst teams still, but why not do something different?? what can this team lose from going outside of the NFL box...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax needs to just say to heck with it and sign Tebow up. At least that would increase ticket sales dramatically. Toward the end of the season nobody is going to any Jaguar games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax needs to just say to heck with it and sign Tebow up. At least that would increase ticket sales dramatically. Toward the end of the season nobody is going to any Jaguar games.

How many people go now??

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mods, shut this thread down.

Thanks,

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't play. There are a handful of backups you could argue are close to as bad as him, but you'd probably be wrong.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is seen to be a terrible passer... but why does a QB need to be a good passer?? Jacksonville's offense is not worse than the broncos offense was when tebow was there...
Jacksonville is clearly a team that needs out of the box thinking, and tebow would definitely be that...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't win a single game in the NFL without being able to throw the ball.

Gabbert>tebow And the comparison is laughable.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't win a single game in the NFL without being able to throw the ball.

Gabbert>tebow And the comparison is laughable.

FYI: Tebow's stats says he is the better passer and runner.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is seen to be a terrible passer... but why does a QB need to be a good passer?? Jacksonville's offense is not worse than the broncos offense was when tebow was there...
Jacksonville is clearly a team that needs out of the box thinking, and tebow would definitely be that...

What in the world are you thinking? So let me get this straight: you are suggesting that the Jags sign His Horribleness, knowing that he can't pass and that defenses will just stack the line and pound them to death? Every. Single. Play. If I am a Jags fan, I'm glad you're not the GM. Of course I'm not sure you could do a worse job than the current GM.:whistle:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: Tebow's stats says he is the better passer and runner.

tumblr_l5z1oxTvDN1qzgjfco1_500.gif

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world are you thinking? So let me get this straight: you are suggesting that the Jags sign His Horribleness, knowing that he can't pass and that defenses will just stack the line and pound them to death? Every. Single. Play. If I am a Jags fan, I'm glad you're not the GM. Of course I'm not sure you could do a worse job than the current GM.:whistle:

I recall Pittsburgh playing that Same defense against Tebow and Tebow beating them in the playoffs. You can say Tebow isn't a great passer all you want but the fact remains that he is such a great runner and that helps.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually that is exactly what i am saying... Not that Tebow would not make the occasional pass, usually a bomb... if they go 70% run and 30% pass... Not saying this would be the formula for jacksonville to win the SB, but they would definitely be better than they are now... and they could easily win 5 games this season doing this... There is nothing wrong with outside of the box thinking, i know the NFL now says otherwise...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall Pittsburgh playing that Same defense against Tebow and Tebow beating them in the playoffs. You can say Tebow isn't a great passer all you want but the fact remains that he is such a great runner and that helps.

Meh, they got destroyed the very next week. I think that was more a reflection of the sorry ass team Tebow was playing against.:suds:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, Pittsburgh was old and banged up and tebow got carried by a very talented team.

Any QB in the NFL wins them that game. Except romo, cutler, or Eli may find a way to blow it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is that girl as your avatar?

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Pittsburgh was old and banged up and tebow got carried by a very talented team.

Any QB in the NFL wins them that game. Except romo, cutler, or Eli may find a way to blow it.

LINK??? Stop making baseless claims you can't back up. :suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that girl as your avatar?

Everybody is asking me that, lately, I must've picked out a good pic of her.

That's McKayla Maroney, one of our American gold medal winning gymnasts.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax pride is getting in the way of ticket sales.

Fans forget this is a business... but the powers that be in Jax are more worried about their perception as managers than their wallet.

I could care less whether they sign him or not... picking the defense that faces the Jaguars each week has been a god sin for my fantasy team.