• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry, Pete, but your time is up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its time to face the fact that being 5'10 has caught up to wilson. He can't throw over the middle and he cant throw screens because of his height. His speed and agility made up for it early on but thats over. Trade him now and get as much capital as you can and put the cap space to good use.
The steelers wouldn't be a bad landing spot for him, he might accept that trade

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade everyone off any value to stock up on draft picks to start over. And fire management and the coaching staff so they won't trade those picks for band aids. Hire some people who can actually evaluate talent. Like offensive lineman which this regime has been a total failure at from day one.

Reactions: MrS

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 32 he still had good value or you could do like Steelers have done with Big Ben, which is what I want to avoid.
The difference is Big Ben is a walking medical chart. Russ's injury was one of those freak injuries where he probably came back a week or two early but point being is you don't move a top 5/6 QB in his prime. The team needs a new direction with a HC with less power and let JS work the drafts.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-14? LOL.

Just a bit extreme.
No matter what's discussed in post-game, I'm convinced that Pete WANTS it to happen.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 32 he still had good value or you could do like Steelers have done with Big Ben, which is what I want to avoid.
Agreed, same with Rivers; Ryan; Eli... The exceptions are A. Rodgers and T. Brady obviously... And Russ doesn't belong in the conversations with those two when it comes to playing at a high level at their age..

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is going to have to fall on the sword sooner rather than later. The team has not been good. I thought Geno was actually a breath of fresh air when he played, but there are just too many missing parts on this team. Contracts are too bloated maybe, and just too many roster holes. Russ isn't playing as well as he should, but we also have non-elite guys running the ball, and still doing pretty well. Maybe defenses are sitting back in nickles and dimes and forcing us to run knowing that eventually we won't convert. Our defense needs some major upgrading as well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Look at some of these stats for our team... It's ugly...
  • The Seahawks are 30th in yards per game and passing yards
  • 22nd in points per game and rushing yards per game.
  • They’ve been abysmal on third down, converting just 33 percent of attempts.
  • they rank second-to-last in total first downs per game (17.3), better than only the 2-8 Houston Texans.
  • They rank dead last in average time of possession (25 minutes) and, for that reason
  • They also rank dead last in plays per game
  • Seahawks defenses have been giving up more points and more yards per game pretty much every year since 2015

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that Pete was so mad he left his presser earlier, Glad to see some emotion from him. Hey Pete us fans are PISSED also and have been for 3+ years, Welcome to the party. We give you the best support and loudest fans in the NFL and you give us lately a losing home record. No way you should lose more than 2 home games EVER with the 12s out there backing you up.

Firing Bevell looks like the 2nd worst move this team has ever made, the first was Picking up Adams for a cost that doesn't fit for a starting SS and only fits for a starting QB. Bevells offense had their worst rating at 18th in 2016 and they rebounded to 11 the following year and 6TH! in his final year. Why do you fire someone that has your offense ranked 6th out of 32 teams? Oh that's right because everyone wanted Wilson to carry the load. How's that working out for us?

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, same with Rivers; Ryan; Eli... The exceptions are A. Rodgers and T. Brady obviously... And Russ doesn't belong in the conversations with those two when it comes to playing at a high level at their age..
I disagree with this. What Rodgers has is a solid o-line with 2 very good RBs that can move the ball. Brady has a descent run game with Fournette but also has a very good o-line. Something Russ hasn't had at RB since Lynch left nor never really had a solid o-line. Also Brady/Rodgers are on their 2nd coach that has brought a different offensive scheme that has kept them successful which is what Russ really needs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. What Rodgers has is a solid o-line with 2 very good RBs that can move the ball. Brady has a descent run game with Fournette but also has a very good o-line. Something Russ hasn't had at RB since Lynch left nor never really had a solid o-line. Also Brady/Rodgers are on their 2nd coach that has brought a different offensive scheme that has kept them successful which is what Russ really needs.
But neither of them are short and rely on their legs like RW does....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has entered that stretch like the 2016 and 2017 Packers had. going to have some sub par team the next few years but unlike the packers the Hawks are lacking the draft capital to change what's happening.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has entered that stretch like the 2016 and 2017 Packers had. going to have some sub par team the next few years but unlike the packers the Hawks are lacking the draft capital to change what's happening.

I didn't mind the Adams trade, but how we've used him has been baffling... And we've given so much draft capital away....

I mean Graham, Harvin, now Adams... one was a headcase (Harvin) but Graham and it appears now Adams have been major head scratchers in terms of how the staff has used em'. The capital we gave up for all of them was MASSIVE.... even Sheldon Richardson a 2nd rounder was pretty insane for 1 year.... Seattle's FO has been fairly terrible at managing draft picks after the 2-3 years Pete took over the team and knew all the college talent. The one thing Mora/Ruskell did was set them up with a ton of draft picks... and the current regime did hit on em'... but since it's been a disaster.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have painted themselves in a corner being strapped cap wise and little draft capital. So as much as I’ve enjoyed the ride I think the time has come too blow it up. Pete is too old for a full rebuild, Russell Wilson at his age likely does not want to go thru one. Front office hasn’t been good for a long stretch of time. So blow it up. Hire a new coach from the college that will bring some fresh ideas and vigor, let him be involved with hiring a GM that will draft players that fit the coach new system. Trade RW while his trade value is still high. Get rid of anyone old, get rid of anyone making big bucks, stock up on picks, get great draft position because the team is going to lose like crazy. Then pray it works out. Best I can hope for.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that Pete was so mad he left his presser earlier, Glad to see some emotion from him. Hey Pete us fans are PISSED also and have been for 3+ years, Welcome to the party. We give you the best support and loudest fans in the NFL and you give us lately a losing home record. No way you should lose more than 2 home games EVER with the 12s out there backing you up.

Firing Bevell looks like the 2nd worst move this team has ever made, the first was Picking up Adams for a cost that doesn't fit for a starting SS and only fits for a starting QB. Bevells offense had their worst rating at 18th in 2016 and they rebounded to 11 the following year and 6TH! in his final year. Why do you fire someone that has your offense ranked 6th out of 32 teams? Oh that's right because everyone wanted Wilson to carry the load. How's that working out for us?
I actually had some satisfaction seeing him get all riled up and leaving at that point. It's like he knows we got questions for him, and he doesn't know how to answer them, apart from his weekly excuses.

Either that, or his back's up against the wall now. If there was any sign that his job may be at stake, we may have seen it with that moment.

Best we can hope for at this moment, anyway.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they needed a new OC I wanted the Hawks to try and grab Eric Bieniemy away from KC. He is a good OC coach and can also coach the RB Room. Sure they are struggling this season but that is more on Mahomes playing poorly than it is Eric's coaching. Mohomes is a showboat QB and it was bound to catch up to him and it has. They'll turn it around though, not like they are 3-7 ..... Yardage wise KC is #1 still in the NFL.

As far as Pete goes he has nothing new to say and the same old thing doesn't help when asking whats wrong and you copy and paste every presser after a loses response. Tired of him looking like everything is going to be OK and not showing any emotions. To me i loved seeing it because it takes Pete way to long to change and he is loyal to a fault. He has a bunch of STIFFS on this coaching staff and he needs to move on from them. Stop being so damn loyal to people destroying your/OUR team.

I also think Eric will make a fine HC one day.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest evaluation when determining the fate of a coach is how the team looks and this team looks so unmotivated and lackluster. This defense has no energy, I can see the effort in Collins running the ball but its more so that he is lobbying for a contract next season with whomever. The passing game was the only thing that had energy and maybe it is Russells injury but overall it looks flat.

The basic job of a head coach is to have his team prepared and motivated to win games and right now this looks to be a disaster and they know there is no first round pick in the upcoming draft so there is no hope for anything moving forward other than wishing RW stays with the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I feel the time has come for a rebuild, I think Pete is a heck of a head coach. He knew how to build from the ground up and did it. However his "win forever" attitude has ended up putting himself and the Seahawks in a corner where a rebuild is really the only practical choice. Trading for Adams squashed any other choice as it left the Seahawks draft capitol bankrupt and at the same time force them to resign Adams at a hefty price tag because he had all the leverage. It is apparent that Pete is not OK with allowing the team to lose games to gain draft position even when it is obviously needed to restock. Instead he keeps gambling on trading for players that don't play their position in the classic way to give him another shot. Adams, Graham and Harvin all played their positions in a hybrid way and I don't feel Pete used them in such a way to maximize their talent and ended up over paying each time he did one of those trades. Over paying in trades ( a second for Sheldon Richardson being another example) keep emptying the draft bank account and strap the team cap wise. That just isn't sustainable.
If Pete was willing to do a full on rebuild, quit worrying about squeezing out one more worthless win each week, I'd want to keep him on as head coach. I don't feel that is in the cards. He's just to stubborn to accept loses as being good for the team. Even the first two seasons he somehow squeezed out 7 wins with a crap roster, when winning less would of been for the greater good. He is the best head coached the Seahawks ever had and I'm not confident the next coach will measure up and be able to complete a full rebuild. However I feel there just isn't any other option but to start from scratch and hope for the best. I really do feel we might be entering a very dark era, where the Seahawks suck for a very long time. So deja vu and back to expansion level football coming up. Once the Seahawks totally suck the posters that only post to crap on who ever their favorite target to shit on , will disappear because when the team is Jets/ Jaguar level it won't give them the "I'm the only one that can be objective and criticize vibe". Which is ironic because they aren't objective and keep saying the say stupid put down over and over at ever opportunity. Be it the kicker, the DC, OC Pete or the QB.
They say all good things come to an end and it looks like that is what is about to happen. I hope I'm wrong.