• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry, Pete, but your time is up.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't thank him enough for the great seasons, but it's becoming more and more imminent that he has no clue how to run this team anymore.

Yesterday, the Huskies fired their coach after choking to the Sun Devils, so hopefully this is a wake-up call to Carroll and the Hawks. There was NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER today, and heads should roll.

Otherwise, look forward to 3-14 this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't thank him enough for the great seasons, but it's becoming more and more imminent that he has no clue how to run this team anymore.

Yesterday, the Huskies fired their coach after choking to the Sun Devils, so hopefully this is a wake-up call to Carroll and the Hawks. There was NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER today, and heads should roll.

Otherwise, look forward to 3-14 this year.
NO EFFORT WHAT SO EVER?!?!?!

I saw a defense fighting tooth and nail spending 40 minutes of a 60 minute game on the field. that means the Hawks Defense was on the field for over two hours to the Packers one.

I saw effort I just did not see an offense.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this loss wasn't his fault, but Haha Jamal Adams, you're on a sucky team again!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly the defense had been stepping up, I still don’t trust the D though, never been sold on Norton to keep them consistent …BUT I didn’t expect the O to be this bad, it actually surprised me that we fired the offensive coach in the off-season and kept Norton… BUT clearly something is wrong, no way our offense should stink this bad… Pete should be on the hot seat …

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell should not have played, he clearly wasn't ready.
That said, im for regime change but that has to include schneider as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have to blow it all up. Pete just has to go out and find some coaches to help him "Change" or "improve" his out dated style. He needs to bring in a OC that can take advantage of what we have here and not someone that has never done it before. As far as the defense, they just got to figure it out sooner, there is no reason they should start as bad as they have the past 2 seasons just to do a complete 180 and be in the top 10 like they are in many of the defensive categories.

Pete is a great coach that gets these guys ready to play 99% of the time but his "style of game" has seen it's day and he NEEDS to change. The real big issue is they struck out on this OC just like they have with their #1 picks as of late. lol it's sad.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we ever going to put some blame on Russell Wilson I know everybody is going to lean on him coming back from the injury but some of those decisions he made should not really be put on that injury like the INT in the endzone along the INT throwing into double coverage down the field. I see no changes from this OC compared to the last atleast with Brian Schottenheimer we were ok at running the ball. If RW really does leave this team I would honestly call him a coward and I would never put him on Seattle's mount Rushmore of seattle sports players.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-14? LOL.

Just a bit extreme.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we ever going to put some blame on Russell Wilson I know everybody is going to lean on him coming back from the injury but some of those decisions he made should not really be put on that injury like the INT in the endzone along the INT throwing into double coverage down the field. I see no changes from this OC compared to the last atleast with Brian Schottenheimer we were ok at running the ball. If RW really does leave this team I would honestly call him a coward and I would never put him on Seattle's mount Rushmore of seattle sports players.

Russ had a poor game. No question about that. And maybe Russ is the problem.

But Russ isn't the reason why we seem to only run the ball from the shotgun. Russ isn't the reason why we can't run effectively. He isn't the reason why we are allergic to the play action, especially from under center.

This season was already over. Yesterday was just the final nail in the coffin.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ had a poor game. No question about that. And maybe Russ is the problem.

But Russ isn't the reason why we seem to only run the ball from the shotgun. Russ isn't the reason why we can't run effectively. He isn't the reason why we are allergic to the play action, especially from under center.

This season was already over. Yesterday was just the final nail in the coffin.
I guess its safe to say that there are problems all over this and everyone has a hand in the problem but there are more finger pointing than anything And the worst part is that we have no 1st round pick to ease the pain.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its safe to say that there are problems all over this and everyone has a hand in the problem but there are more finger pointing than anything And the worst part is that we have no 1st round pick to ease the pain.

But ultimately the problems this team has had have been getting worse over the past few years.

And I think that the team will have to decide between Russ and Pete in the offseason. IMO, that is a pretty easy choice.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a failure, not having a 1st round pick, I hate HATE it !!! Pete built a title team through the draft, he understands the formula… He blew this, now if our season ends badly the Jets are gonna be smiling … Also last year we only had 3 draft picks, 3 !!!! That’s ridiculous, team is being run into ground with these decisions … In the end Pete has the final say, he’s accountable for this mess …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell should not have played, he clearly wasn't ready.
That said, im for regime change but that has to include schneider as well.

Schneider is at the mercy of Pete, Pete has the final say, I think if Schneider had full control the team would be in better shape … That was one of Pete’s demands when coming here, that he has the final say …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that the team will have to decide between Russ and Pete in the offseason
They could do both. Truthfully I feel RW has declined and his value is dropping. Maybe clean house from top to bottom is in order, so players, coaching staff and front office and start from scratch with new people in charge. I say watch how the rest of the season goes, then decide.
TBH doing a full on rebuild is something I've sort of dreaded, as it could end up being a disaster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do both. Truthfully I feel RW has declined and his value is dropping. Maybe clean house from top to bottom is in order, so players, coaching staff and front office and start from scratch with new people in charge. I say watch how the rest of the season goes, then decide.
TBH doing a full on rebuild is something I've sort of dreaded, as it could end up being a disaster.

I think we would be crazy to get rid of Russ and PC at the same time. Unless the new coach wants to get rid of Russ which I would be shocked if that were the case.

Maybe Russ is passed his prime but I'm not willing to buy that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would be crazy to get rid of Russ and PC at the same time. Unless the new coach wants to get rid of Russ which I would be shocked if that were the case.

Maybe Russ is passed his prime but I'm not willing to buy that.
Think Pete is too old for another full rebuild and I think RW is declining at a accelerated pace. He no longer is nimble, like he once was and he's become infatuated with throwing long and seems unable to locate WRs open underneath the coverage who are wide open. Add his tendency to leave the pocket ( which he has always done) with the slower feet he now has and it's a discouraging combination IMO. RW still has high trade value, best not to waste the opportunity to capitalize on it while it exists. Better a year early then a year late.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Pete is too old for another full rebuild and I think RW is declining at a accelerated pace. He no longer is nimble, like he once was and he's become infatuated with throwing long and seems unable to locate WRs open underneath the coverage who are wide open. Add his tendency to leave the pocket ( which he has always done) with the slower feet he now has and it's a discouraging combination IMO. RW still has high trade value, best not to waste the opportunity to capitalize on it while it exists. Better a year early then a year late.

I think that a lot of Hawks forget what it's like to have a bad QB.

Russ isn't responsible for the horrible run game of this team. Do you know how many plays the Seahawks ran yesterday under center? Zero.

What is the point of running an RPO if there is no chance of the QB running the ball?

Now maybe the problem is that Russ refuses to play under center. Or maybe they didn't want to go under center because of the finger which is reasonable. But this isn't a one game phenomenon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that a lot of Hawks forget what it's like to have a bad QB.

Russ isn't responsible for the horrible run game of this team. Do you know how many plays the Seahawks ran yesterday under center? Zero.

What is the point of running an RPO if there is no chance of the QB running the ball?

Now maybe the problem is that Russ refuses to play under center. Or maybe they didn't want to go under center because of the finger which is reasonable. But this isn't a one game phenomenon.
Lots of things wrong of course and lots of blame to share, but seems obvious that it's going to take a rebuild as going on like they have is having declining positive results. Pete is too old for a rebuild, and as a athlete RW is in the later stages of his career and I doubt he is interested in going through a needed rebuild which would take time to develop.
I do remember what is like to have a bad QB and kind of scary to move on, but trade or no trade his days are numbered just like every player. I actually hate the idea of rebuilding because I lack confidence it would be successful, yet the alternative is starting to look pretty bad also.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of things wrong of course and lots of blame to share, but seems obvious that it's going to take a rebuild as going on like they have is having declining positive results. Pete is too old for a rebuild, and as a athlete RW is in the later stages of his career and I doubt he is interested in going through a needed rebuild which would take time to develop.
I do remember what is like to have a bad QB and kind of scary to move on, but trade or no trade his days are numbered just like every player. I actually hate the idea of rebuilding because I lack confidence it would be successful, yet the alternative is starting to look pretty bad also.

Russ is 32 years old. You make it sound like he's 40.