• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry, Pete, but your time is up.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but build a team around him and he got himself a ring.
I'm just saying that it's not all sunshine and roses. Brees had ups and downs. His playoff record is .500, had multiple losing seasons, and I don't think he went to the Super Bowl after 30.

Russ is having 1 bad year, got hurt and we want to move on and dump him. I don't understand it. No doubt we have to retool this team but why get rid of Russ?

I don't know if you were saying that exactly that, but some were.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ' last 16 games (ranked against last year's leaders):

308 Comp. (17)
479 Att. (18)
64.3 Comp % (27)
3409 Yards (18)
24 TD (t16)
9 INT (t18)
94.2 Rating (18)
48 sack (3)
324 Yard (2)
74 Run
400 Yard
0 TD
8 W
8 L

2-6 vs. winning records (for last year, teams that ended the year with a winning record, this year are teams that currently have a winning record.)

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I feel the time has come for a rebuild, I think Pete is a heck of a head coach. He knew how to build from the ground up and did it. However his "win forever" attitude has ended up putting himself and the Seahawks in a corner where a rebuild is really the only practical choice. Trading for Adams squashed any other choice as it left the Seahawks draft capitol bankrupt and at the same time force them to resign Adams at a hefty price tag because he had all the leverage. It is apparent that Pete is not OK with allowing the team to lose games to gain draft position even when it is obviously needed to restock. Instead he keeps gambling on trading for players that don't play their position in the classic way to give him another shot. Adams, Graham and Harvin all played their positions in a hybrid way and I don't feel Pete used them in such a way to maximize their talent and ended up over paying each time he did one of those trades. Over paying in trades ( a second for Sheldon Richardson being another example) keep emptying the draft bank account and strap the team cap wise. That just isn't sustainable.
If Pete was willing to do a full on rebuild, quit worrying about squeezing out one more worthless win each week, I'd want to keep him on as head coach. I don't feel that is in the cards. He's just to stubborn to accept loses as being good for the team. Even the first two seasons he somehow squeezed out 7 wins with a crap roster, when winning less would of been for the greater good. He is the best head coached the Seahawks ever had and I'm not confident the next coach will measure up and be able to complete a full rebuild. However I feel there just isn't any other option but to start from scratch and hope for the best. I really do feel we might be entering a very dark era, where the Seahawks suck for a very long time. So deja vu and back to expansion level football coming up. Once the Seahawks totally suck the posters that only post to crap on who ever their favorite target to shit on , will disappear because when the team is Jets/ Jaguar level it won't give them the "I'm the only one that can be objective and criticize vibe". Which is ironic because they aren't objective and keep saying the say stupid put down over and over at ever opportunity. Be it the kicker, the DC, OC Pete or the QB.
They say all good things come to an end and it looks like that is what is about to happen. I hope I'm wrong.

Yep! a couple years ago i said what is up with all these band-aid fixes and stated it started to feel like the Tim Ruskell years. His team died a slow death also because of his raping of the draft capital and salary cap.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that it's not all sunshine and roses. Brees had ups and downs. His playoff record is .500, had multiple losing seasons, and I don't think he went to the Super Bowl after 30.

Russ is having 1 bad year, got hurt and we want to move on and dump him. I don't understand it. No doubt we have to retool this team but why get rid of Russ?

I don't know if you were saying that exactly that, but some were.
I'm on the bandwagon of not trading Russ but moving on from Pete, bring in a new coach with a fresh scheme and let JS take full control of the draft. I just can't see trading a top 5 QB in his prime.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one don’t think we’ll have a choice but to trade RW. The team has holes all over, not much cap space to speak of and little draft assets. RW is going to insist on getting traded. At 33 his years are limited and he’s going to want to go to a team that can win now. Firing Pete, firing John Schneider isn’t going to fill the lack of talent, lack of draft picks and lack of cap space and RW isn’t interested in a theoretical long term restocking plan IMO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see how we resign Metcalf, sad I know. If Wilson is gone I don't think he will sign back with the hawks. Sorry but he is our Diva WR. Guess we all get at least one right?