• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry Mountain West but, SERIOUSLY?

MidnightMarauder54

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The MWC thinks they deserve a BCS Bowl...

Sure maybe if they still had Utah, Boise State, TCU

But coming to the table without them is just going to get you a quick no in which you will turn around and quickly cry foul

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they can't be serious. They are losing all their credibility in the next 2 years

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should have thought of this while we were still in the conference

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, would this be the new CUSA -MWC or just the MWC itself?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWC would be stupid not to try and get a BCS auto bid. The teams that are leaving records still count as MWC teams during the time they were there so the MWC has a better case than the BE at this point when you factor in Boise and TCU from this year, TCU and Utah from last year and from 3 years a go Utah, TCU and BYU. I think if they go by letter of the rules that the Mountain West will probably get their auto bid as crazy as that seems now.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank ESPN and their bullshit conference power ranking system; why the hell even bid on ACC 1st tier rights if you're just gonna throw them under the bus every chance you get?

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should have thought of this while we were still in the conference

They had to wait for the end of the 4 year evaluation period.

A lot of the MWC fans think it's a shoe in that there is no way they will be denied because of the BE 'precedent' and that the "BCS" will be too scared of a lawsuit to deny it.

IMO they are smoking crack. It takes 9 out of 12 votes to pass this and it won't happen.

The PAC and Big12 stand to lose the most with fewer at large slots so they will vote no.

I do not see ND voting for it.

All it will take is one more vote to shoot it down and I think they get at least 2 more no votes.

AQ is going away after this cycle anyway.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the MWC

the merger is on hold at this point waiting for the decision

Yeah, they won't get it. TCU is gone next year and Boise the year after. This is silly.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to wait for the end of the 4 year evaluation period.

A lot of the MWC fans think it's a shoe in that there is no way they will be denied because of the BE 'precedent' and that the "BCS" will be too scared of a lawsuit to deny it.

IMO they are smoking crack. It takes 9 out of 12 votes to pass this and it won't happen.

The PAC and Big12 stand to lose the most with fewer at large slots so they will vote no.

I do not see ND voting for it.

All it will take is one more vote to shoot it down and I think they get at least 2 more no votes.

AQ is going away after this cycle anyway.

While you are probably right it will be a tough explanation for the people that voted against it. I mean it will mostly sound like the big guy trying to push around the little guy since the MWC has done what it needed to do to get the auto bid.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they won't get it. TCU is gone next year and Boise the year after. This is silly.

They met the qualifications for requesting an exemption they would be silly NOT to try for it.

I agree they won't get it and aren't deserving but they do have every right to request it.

The BE was going through membership changes when it was granted the waiver.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not based on future performance though. Its based on past performance. I dont think they get the votes either but not because they havent earned it, just because I dont think the other guys want to share the money.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you are probably right it will be a tough explanation for the people that voted against it. I mean it will mostly sound like the big guy trying to push around the little guy since the MWC has done what it needed to do to get the auto bid.

If it had done what it needed for the auto bid they wouldn't need to request a waiver.

So no, they have not done enough.

I can see them pointing to the BE as justification for NOT granting any more waivers.............

I'll say the same thing I said on another board, which 9 conferences do you see voting FOR this?