• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo when do we start talking about Lloyd?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres already been two managers fired this year. This team is under performing more then any team in baseball right now.........The nationals were, but they figured it out.....I dont know if I see this team figuring it out.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM would need to go first. He doesn't get a 4th manager hire. Hell GMs shouldn't get a 3rd hire if we are being truthful.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is, this just isn't a very good team.

McClendon doesn't have the power to fix that any more than the revolving door of skippers we've had for 10+ years now.

I understand that LMC has made poor choices, but the question really comes down to this. To what degree do the choices of the following people make this a good or bad team?:

a) nintendo
b) jackie z
c) lmc
d) the roster

I'd lean heavily towards a, b, and d, while c would be the lowest impact on the suckage

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is, this just isn't a very good team.

McClendon doesn't have the power to fix that any more than the revolving door of skippers we've had for 10+ years now.
True enough. There's that old saying: You can't polish a turd.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of us said during the offseason, we knew we upgraded DH.

That's it.

Everything else was a huge question mark. I'm a little surprised the pen has sucked quite as much as they have, and I expected the starting rotation to be a little better. Other than that, nothing is a surprise.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres already been two managers fired this year. This team is under performing more then any team in baseball right now.........The nationals were, but they figured it out.....I dont know if I see this team figuring it out.

There was a small handful of us in here that tried to tell the rest of you that the pre-season expectations for this team were unrealistic. When the natinal media got on their Mariner love tidalwave, i just shook my head. What a bunch of fools. When looking at the 25 man roster, it would have taken a perfect storm for this team to win 90+ games. Too many things had to go right.

The truth is that the Mariners are not really underperforming.

And, it's not Lloyd's fault that our #3 hitter has, for the first quarter of the season, been a shell of the player he was in New York. I suppose Lloyd could give him a day off here and there, but I don't think it is going to help that much. He needs to start making more solid contact. I can't begin to tell you how fucking tired I am of seeing him ground out to second.