• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some current backup QBs the Colts could trade for

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy should be the next starting QB for the Colts,

the GOAT from WVU

0ap1000000145162.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krapperdick is a POS and he isn't playing in the NFL ever again. Sorry to burst your racist, America hating bubble.......................
It's almost 2020 campaign season. The Democrats would do it just because it makes the country worse.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Sudfeld.

Colts tried to sign him off of the Eagles practice squad in 2017 forcing the Eagles to sign him. Frank Reich coached him while he was in Philadelphia as well so he is familiar with him.

This makes sense. If you want to bring someone in, make it someone who already knows the system.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know some of these QBs' teams will not trade probably but just pointing out these options

Fitzpatrick (when he loses the job)
Bridgewater
Keenum (when he loses the job)
Flacco (when he loses the job because he went to the wrong team)

I think these would be decent options. Fitz would do great in that offense for the time being as a good stopgap option. He's one of the best in the league at that. Bridgewater is a mystery but the Colts might suit his playing style more than NO. Flacco if he still has something left would have his best run yet statistically as a Colt. Finally, Keenum may actually be the best option here. He was okay with Minnesota, but Minnesota's offensive system is not as deep as the Colts.

Fitz...yeah the ever ready QB...give him the 1st Qtr of the season before Rosen takes over.

Bridgewater...turned down a chance to turn this year...I think he's happy being Brees' back up.

Generally speaking I think you need to go off grid a bit more for a QB2...if you want a vet, do you try to trade for Bortles or maybe Tannihill? I think you look at some 3s that could be 2s....McSorley in BAL, Dobbs in PIT, Tyler Bray in CHI?

Not saying these are legit options, but unless they are willing to trade for a bigger name, these might be their best options. Most likely they will get someone familiar with the OFC.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett might make us all eat our words. He can be a decent QB we shall see how this goes. I don't think the Colts will trade for a QB

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Packers trade Kizer? They will just let him go and cut him in a week or so is my guess.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those are actually better than Brissett except maybe Bridgewater, and no way the Saints trade him with Brees being as old as he is.

Why practice fucked if you're the Colts? They aren't a serious SB team anymore.

Am I crazy for thinking that they can win 9 or 10 games with Brissett? He's better than most believe him to be. Now he has a good OL, good run game, good weapons and an emerging D as well. Seemingly, he also has a good play caller/designer.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy for thinking that they can win 9 or 10 games with Brissett? He's better than most believe him to be. Now he has a good OL, good run game, good weapons and an emerging D as well. Seemingly, he also has a good play caller/designer.
No, but it is a fringe opinion. As long you realize that, it's not crazy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying a QB named Tua, and I am certainly not buying Hanson either. There better be a QB that plays like a Heisman winner this year that isn't those two.

Tua might be a 1st rounder, but he's too loose with the football...will throw a lot of picks at the next level.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at the schedule...idk it will be tough to win 10...@ LAC, KC, PIT, NO...those are likely Ls.

If they split the DIV...that's 7 losses total...then ATL, maybe, DEN I will give him...9-7 is about as optimistic as I can see.