• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soccer players and their equivalents in US sports

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Something I think about once in a while when I'm trying to explain players to my friends who don't watch soccer.....

Lionel Messi = Gretzky. This is the easiest one, they're so similar. Both tiny guys who were instant sensations as teenagers, broke all known records, won tons of titles. Both known for being nice and humble and good sportsmen. Similar styles of play, skating/dribbling through defenders with impossible agility, able to create or score with equal perfection.

Cristiano Ronaldo = Kobe. Both obsessive perfectionists, ideal athletes with perfect size for their sport, arrogant bastards, demonic competitors. Both primarily skilled attackers with speed, power, flair, and can score in any fashion. Both seem to suffer and draw motivation from public perception that they're #2 to a living legend (Messi/Jordan).

Zlatan = Bonds. Massive guys who combine unique talent and well-rounded athletic ability with an unmatched intelligence about the game. Both kind of jerks who live in their own world, impossibly arrogant, flashy, prone to appearing disinterested at times.

John Terry = Roethlisberger. Oafish, boorish meathead assholes who are also amazing at their sport, both see the action play out a second in advance which lets them dictate the action despite being the slowest guy out there. Both beloved captains among their team and fanbase and basically hated by everyone else.

Steven Gerrard = Jeter. The legendary captain who does everything right, everyone loves him, has been good forever, and good at everything, with a Youtube reel of huge clutch plays. Few less trophies than Jeter but he was on a good pace before Liverpool fell apart a few years ago.

Any disagreements, or any more? I'll try to sit down and think of a few more myself.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brad=Ronaldo=pretty boys. Idk if Ronaldo has married a model or not though, but he might possibly wear ugs

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id argue Frank Lampard over Gerrard. Much better midfielder.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id argue Frank Lampard over Gerrard. Much better midfielder.

You can make that case. They're both really interchangeable IMO. I'd say Lampard only because he benefited longer from being on a better team, much like the Yankees