• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who wants on the Aldon bandwagon?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Julian peterson was by no means a bust. But he was a disappointment after his two good seasons with the niners.

Well he was never a good fit in the 3-4 defense. He simply wasn't big enough. That's why it was the right decision to let him walk. But what the Niners should've done the yeaar before is tag him with the non-exclusive tag and get some compensation for him, but they had tool bag Donahue in charge who tagged him exclusive.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always liked him. But I think Quinn will be a better pro than he is. I wanted Quinn ahead of him. Let's hope and pray that I'm wrong on that.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian peterson was by no means a bust. But he was a disappointment after his two good seasons with the niners.

My opinion-he never became the hybrid monster that could rush the QB and cover TEs. He could do so on occasion but i saw him getting burnt more on the edges than him taking a TE out of the game (one Gates game being the exception)

The fact that he did become the game changer i wanted for fukin Seattle makes it even worse.

Not solely blaming julian for his lack of prolonged success with the niners. The team was bad and he thought he should be gettin paid way more than he was..he thought he was a franchise linebacker.

Been looking for the next great elephant for awhile is all im sayin

I'm tempted to look up TE stats against Peterson. I'm a pot head so my memory may be off, but I seem to remember him being great in coverage.

He also didn't leave because of money, he left because we where switching to a new defense and thought he didn't fit. I think he was willing to take less to stay with us but we didn't want too...but again, pot head memory. I don't knock him for not fitting our new defense, he did a great job when he did fit IMO. He was one of my favorite players on our team during his peak.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really don't think it was going to be possible for the Niners to trade down a couple of spots and still get Aldon.

Quite a few stories were written before and after the draft that the Texans at 11 were eyeing Aldon with their pick. Then shortly after all of that died down, Jay Glazer, who is by far the best in the business in my opinion, added to the story and said that not only did the Texans want Aldon, they were on the phone trying to trade up to get him. Glazer was the only person who had that little nugget of news as far as I know. Who knows if that is all true? But it's always something I'll think about when looking back at this draft.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tempted to look up TE stats against Peterson. I'm a pot head so my memory may be off, but I seem to remember him being great in coverage.

He also didn't leave because of money, he left because we where switching to a new defense and thought he didn't fit. I think he was willing to take less to stay with us but we didn't want too...but again, pot head memory. I don't knock him for not fitting our new defense, he did a great job when he did fit IMO. He was one of my favorite players on our team during his peak.

My memory may also be biased after his games vs the niners as a seachicken. He played the complete games I waited for him to have as a niner. Him gesturing to his name after every sack left a bad taste.

It could be scheme rather than his personal talent but I remembered him getting burnt off the line by guys that had no business getting open against him.

If you do get a chance to pull those numbers and it turns out I'm mistaken (it won't be the first!) i'll kindly retract Julian Peterson off the list. I always felt Julian got the credit that brick and Derek smith should've shared.

Anyways, arête, my original point was more to show that I have a habit of getting excited about players much too early rather than a Julian Peterson bash.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he got picked...I was stunned.

When I read the scouting and saw his clips and that video with Sapp...I was slightly intrigued.

After the practice reports and the game...I'm optimistic. I'm not quite in the A-train yet but I'm getting there. I want him to show me in a "real" game. (I can't stand another broken heart :( )

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When he got picked...I was stunned.

When I read the scouting and saw his clips and that video with Sapp...I was slightly intrigued.

After the practice reports and the game...I'm optimistic. I'm not quite in the A-train yet but I'm getting there. I want him to show me in a "real" game. (I can't stand another broken heart :( )

Well said...

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I said to my friend just before they picked him that he was a dark horse for the #7. I was defending him immediately after the pick when everyone was shitting themselves. I was intrigued by him before the draft because of his age and the quality of his freshman season, and once the 49ers picked him I was fully on board the train. I really wanted an OLB or Patrick Peterson at that spot.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.. :stevie:

I was lukewarm on draft day, but the more I have seen of him and read the more I've liked. Plus I'm a glass half-full kinda buy, so please save me a seat on the wagon!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to my friend just before they picked him that he was a dark horse for the #7. I was defending him immediately after the pick when everyone was shitting themselves. I was intrigued by him before the draft because of his age and the quality of his freshman season, and once the 49ers picked him I was fully on board the train. I really wanted an OLB or Patrick Peterson at that spot.

Me too, just didn't think it would be Aldon at the time. One thing I keep remembering from the old board was a thread about Harbaugh going to Gabbert's pro day and someone was like "Doesn't that mean he was at Aldon's pro day, too?"

I remember thinking, "Yeah, that's technically true but come on." Turned out it was pretty prophetic. :doh:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, just didn't think it would be Aldon at the time. One thing I keep remembering from the old board was a thread about Harbaugh going to Gabbert's pro day and someone was like "Doesn't that mean he was at Aldon's pro day, too?"

I remember thinking, "Yeah, that's technically true but come on." Turned out it was pretty prophetic. :doh:

oh wow, never thought of that. That is exactly what happened.