• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who wants on the Aldon bandwagon?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's still early, but seats are going fast. I'm gonna have to install standing poles pretty soon...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Back on the ESPN board it was about 70% undecided on Aldon and a few more "doesn't likes" than "likes" or "loves." He wasn't a popular pick, but I think that's going to change very quickly.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that i wasn't unhappy with the pick. I was unhappy we took him where we did. I thought we could have traded back and got him a few spots later. I don't doubt his pass rush ability, but i'm not expecting any double digit sacks until at least next year. He's still got a lot of work to do.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I was one of the undecides but tonight he's gone a long way in proving himself to me. I've been on his bandwagon because he was drafted by us but he really looks like he can be something special. Lets hope he keeps it up and stays healthy.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he earns his way into the starting lineup soon. I'd love to see if he can be that disruptive against the Raiders/Texans/Chargers starting LTs.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like a leaner version of DeMarcus Ware. A year or two he'll probably look like a carbon copy. He's going to help out our secondary a lot by getting pressure on the QB. Let's not forget Ahmad Brooks, he was beasting out tonight as well.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed a real explosive first step and a nose for the ball. I'm cautiously impressed.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make it a habit of not jumping on any bandwagons without seeing outstanding performances sustained over multiple games. Having said that it sure sounds like he has gotten of to a good start tonight.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did he take Manny's number, but he looks a bit like him out there on the field. The only difference is they have complete opposite strengths and weakness's.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punch my ticket!

I have been known to get excited over hyped rookies, though. Peterson..Lawson...Parys...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hated the pick on draft day....

But a good showing is a good start to shove crow down my mouth.

But lets see if he can continue this pressure and actually bring in some sacks for us.

Can't remember, did he get in with the first team at all?

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea we were in the market for an OLB. I was thinking CB and sign Lawson. So when we drafted him i had no clue who he was. Once we drafted him started watching his highlights and listening to his interviews, Aldon came off as a hard working kid who loves the game.

At that point I started packing my bags for the bandwagon. But I'm holding off jumping on until I see more play on the field.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about his potential. He wasn't one of the guys I was focused in on with our pick, but I was on the fence over the pick. I didn't watch enough of him in college to be for or against it. The pick was made with the intention to fill a need, (assuming they planned to let Lawson walk) and so far I like what I see.

He was easily the biggest bright spot of yesterdays game.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impressive thing I saw from him last night was his ability to set the edge in the run game. I was worried that he might not hold up or that he would be undisciplined, but he wasn't. He and Brooks were the best OLB for the 49ers last night.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punch my ticket!

I have been known to get excited over hyped rookies, though. Peterson..Lawson...Parys...

Julian Peterson? If so, how was he over hyped? The guy became a 5 time pro bowler. He was one of the better picks our half ass front office made at the time.

If Aldon Smith makes 5 pro bowls I'll be pretty happy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes Ray, you've been right there up in front of this wagon. I think you were the first person to agree with me on the "Loved, liked, disliked, hated or undecided" thread about him I started on the old crappy board...

I really don't think it was going to be possible for the Niners to trade down a couple of spots and still get Aldon. We discussed this at length on the ESPN board. It just wasn't going to work that way. The only way was to take him at 7, and he's going to EASILY be a better player than Von Miller IMO. I really think the Niners got a special player here. He was my 3rd favourite player in college football behind P. Peterson & AJ Green.

I'm gonna look pretty silly if he turn out to be another Manny Lawson though.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian Peterson? If so, how was he over hyped? The guy became a 5 time pro bowler. He was one of the better picks our half ass front office made at the time.

If Aldon Smith makes 5 pro bowls I'll be pretty happy.

Julian peterson was by no means a bust. But he was a disappointment after his two good seasons with the niners.

My opinion-he never became the hybrid monster that could rush the QB and cover TEs. He could do so on occasion but i saw him getting burnt more on the edges than him taking a TE out of the game (one Gates game being the exception)

The fact that he did become the game changer i wanted for fukin Seattle makes it even worse.

Not solely blaming julian for his lack of prolonged success with the niners. The team was bad and he thought he should be gettin paid way more than he was..he thought he was a franchise linebacker.

Been looking for the next great elephant for awhile is all im sayin

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the "undecided" side. Mostly, because he wasn't a name I heard...and was caught off-guard with the selection. But I started to warm up to the pick as I watched more of his highlight reel on youtube.