• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who gets sent down when Cueto returns

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I had no clue the Reds' board had become this active. Welcome to all CBS refugees. I'm a refugee too, from the ESPN Bengals board a couple of years ago. I think you guys will like it here.

As for the Cingrani/Leake issue, I'm pretty sure Cingrani's going down. He needs to work on his secondary pitches a bit, and has the potential to be awesome very soon. He'll be brought back up at least by September, and sooner if Leake falters, which is very possible.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing, they say, is everything. My personal opinion is that if Leake and Arroyo are back to back against the same team, one at minimum is guaranteed to get hammered. At least if separated with a pitcher with a plus fastball, they have a chance to upset hitters timing. In a perfect world, you have a lefty SP to make them shuffle the L/R lineup some. If you don't, it's just an easier adjustment ( or no adjustment) for the opposition. You would think, a manager would WANT to give his team every advantage he could, but I have seen little evidence of this with Dusty... to the contrary, seems like he works disadvantage more. Odd.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do NOT believe Cingrani is a great pitcher right now, but he's a serviceable #5 SP ( like Leake), but he's the ONLY LHSP currently, and I'm convinced that's important to where U want the Reds to go- a WS title. Some may be happy with less, but IMO, they are already accepting underperformance.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cingrani is living on beginner's luck right now, which is not an indictment. If he was with the Astros, he'd be 0-5. But he's got plenty of tools provided his delivery isn't totally f-ed up. There seems to be discussion about that. But he throws strikes and seems to have the moxey to adjust. Seemed like he lost his cool the other evening, no surprise. I think it's better to have guys like him than have to scrounge the waiver wires for guys like Zambrano or Oswalt. Or even Armando Gallaraga or last year's phenom -- Jeff Francis.