• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what will Danny do for moves in the offseason ?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the Celtics missing ? Is it really the 5? BAM ate us up

and is Kemba or Gordon part of this future ?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is, Gordon isn't......IMO.
Can Danny trade Gordon politically speaking ?

I actually wonder if Kemba is the problem

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense and leadership.

They let Miami run all over them just like they let LeBron do it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know who I'd like to see in Celtics green? Rudy Gobert.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are still fairly young (aside from Kemba). A valid course may be to bring back the same band and hope for better results after yet another year of maturation.

This stings, though. This is the first year I thought the C's had a legitimate shot at the title... (not favorites, but a legitimate and realistic shot). Obviously, they fell short. The Heat were just the tougher team.

Tatum has to take the next step. He has shown improvement this past year so there is hope on that front. As of right now, though... he takes too many tough shots and whines too much. Although he has good character, he is not yet a leader. And he disappears too often.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who I'd like to see in Celtics green? Rudy Gobert.
Maybe if you trade Kemba for him but I don't see that being realistic since the Jazz don't need a PG and would lack big men.

The Jazz would probably want Jaylen Brown if they were even interested, I don't see that ever happening.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are still fairly young (aside from Kemba). A valid course may be to bring back the same band and hope for better results after yet another year of maturation.

This stings, though. This is the first year I thought the C's had a legitimate shot at the title... (not favorites, but a legitimate and realistic shot). Obviously, they fell short. The Heat were just the tougher team.

Tatum has to take the next step. He has shown improvement this past year so there is hope on that front. As of right now, though... he takes too many tough shots and whines too much. Although he has good character, he is not yet a leader. And he disappears too often.

The thing for the Celtics that will ultimately decide their fate is Tatum and Brown. If they've hit their ceiling or if their ceiling isn't high as the Celtics expect...that means the C's have a ceiling. Both have been improving every year and the more playoff experience the better. It could take 2 to 3 more years which isn't surprising considering Tatum and Brown are 22 and 23 years old.

If Tatum accepts his qualifying offer of $20M in 21-22 that could be year they could add a piece. They would have about $82M tied up between Kemba, Brown and Tatum. Smart might be a piece they could trade in order to get cap space for a big dog in Boston...it all depends on the future cap though. Right now I'm just not sure what you can get for Hayward, that's why I mention 21-22. You never know with Ainge though, he might have something up his sleeve. 21-22 could be the key imo.

Another thing...is Kemba worth $35M a year? Just want to know from a C's fan point of view.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

And how exactly would you propose this?

Gordon Hayward straight up?

Sounds fair about 5 years ago.

Just because I'd like to see him in Boston doesn't mean it would happen. Understand now?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you trade Kemba for him but I don't see that being realistic since the Jazz don't need a PG and would lack big men.

The Jazz would probably want Jaylen Brown if they were even interested, I don't see that ever happening.

It's not realistic it all. But I also never said it would happen. Just that I'd like to see it happen because he's a former DPOY.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing for the Celtics that will ultimately decide their fate is Tatum and Brown. If they've hit their ceiling or if their ceiling isn't high as the Celtics expect...that means the C's have a ceiling. Both have been improving every year and the more playoff experience the better. It could take 2 to 3 more years which isn't surprising considering Tatum and Brown are 22 and 23 years old.

If Tatum accepts his qualifying offer of $20M in 21-22 that could be year they could add a piece. They would have about $82M tied up between Kemba, Brown and Tatum. Smart might be a piece they could trade in order to get cap space for a big dog in Boston...it all depends on the future cap though. Right now I'm just not sure what you can get for Hayward, that's why I mention 21-22. You never know with Ainge though, he might have something up his sleeve. 21-22 could be the key imo.
I think Brown has probably hit his ceiling, and I don't mean that as a put-down at all. JB is not a #1 scorer nor is he a #1 playmaker, that's just not who he is... rather, Brown's an elite 2-way player which makes him a plus #3 guy on a championship team.

Tatum is where there could possibly be another level to reach. But JT has to mature as a player... for all his offensive skills (and Tatum is a supremely talented offensive player), he settles far too often and still has trouble finishing at the rim.

I'll be blunt: Tatum tries to be too fancy out there. Too much dribbling at times, too many fancy step backs, too many fancy fade-aways... JT has to dedicate himself to efficiency and straight-forward attack without all that flowery crap.
Another thing...is Kemba worth $35M a year? Just want to know from a C's fan point of view.
Yeah, hard not to worry that the little guy is perhaps showing his age... and furthermore that small(er) players who rely on quickness don't always age like fine wine.

I don't think it's time to panic yet. Looking at this playoffs, we have to recall that Toronto played a heavy amount of exotic defenses (box and one, triangle and two) that seemed calculated to take Kemba out the game as much as possible.

I think Kemba can still be an effective #2 on a championship-caliber team, but that statement puts the pressure back on Tatum to be the #1 guy... everything really depends on that for the Celtics.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Danny trade Gordon politically speaking ?

I actually wonder if Kemba is the problem
They made the ECF.....let's not act like they got bounced in the 1st round.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown has probably hit his ceiling, and I don't mean that as a put-down at all. JB is not a #1 scorer nor is he a #1 playmaker, that's just not who he is... rather, Brown's an elite 2-way player which makes him a plus #3 guy on a championship team.

Tatum is where there could possibly be another level to reach. But JT has to mature as a player... for all his offensive skills (and Tatum is a supremely talented offensive player), he settles far too often and still has trouble finishing at the rim.

I'll be blunt: Tatum tries to be too fancy out there. Too much dribbling at times, too many fancy step backs, too many fancy fade-aways... JT has to dedicate himself to efficiency and straight-forward attack without all that flowery crap.

Yeah, hard not to worry that the little guy is perhaps showing his age... and furthermore that small(er) players who rely on quickness don't always age like fine wine.

I don't think it's time to panic yet. Looking at this playoffs, we have to recall that Toronto played a heavy amount of exotic defenses (box and one, triangle and two) that seemed calculated to take Kemba out the game as much as possible.

I think Kemba can still be an effective #2 on a championship-caliber team, but that statement puts the pressure back on Tatum to be the #1 guy... everything really depends on that for the Celtics.
Yeah, I just don't think that the Celtics have a #1 option. Tatum and Walker are both great #2 options on a Championship team and Brown a #3. I don't see Tatum growing into the role either. I don't think that they can just play it out another year: Miami will be even more too much for them, Milwaukee is better than Boston, the Nets will be getting their team together. I just don't see them able to come out of the east, much less win a ring as assembled.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just don't think that the Celtics have a #1 option. Tatum and Walker are both great #2 options on a Championship team and Brown a #3. I don't see Tatum growing into the role either. I don't think that they can just play it out another year: Miami will be even more too much for them, Milwaukee is better than Boston, the Nets will be getting their team together. I just don't see them able to come out of the east, much less win a ring as assembled.
You could very well be right.

One thing the C's have going for them, though, is youth (outside of Walker). I think we all tend to forget, but Boston is one of the youngest teams in the NBA.

Miami has a lot of young talent... but key cogs like Dragic and Iguadala are kinda ancient.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta make space for another star in 21-22, if that means trading Smart...they should do it imo. Tatum, Brown and Kemba along with a star would be pretty dangerous.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta make space for another star in 21-22, if that means trading Smart...they should do it imo. Tatum, Brown and Kemba along with a star would be pretty dangerous.
The thing about that is Marcus Smart is a very valuable, plus role player... and he has become a (the?) team leader for Boston.

So... yeah, I don't know what the answer is... (other than Tatum blossoming into something Kawhi-ish or LeBron-ish)...

... I guess it would depend upon the deal, but how often to superstars become available anyways? (and even when they do, superstars are apt to dictate things, and they might pull an AD and reject a town like Boston out-of-hand)

One thing about Marcus Smart... he bleeds Celtics green.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're already at $88M for 21/22 before Tatum's extension. They'll have three max types already in Kemba, Brown and a re-signed Tatum.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kemba for CP4? Veteran (extremely lol) defensive PG takes over for the better scorer but defensive issue?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about that is Marcus Smart is a very valuable, plus role player... and he has become a (the?) team leader for Boston.

So... yeah, I don't know what the answer is... (other than Tatum blossoming into something Kawhi-ish or LeBron-ish)...

... I guess it would depend upon the deal, but how often to superstars become available anyways? (and even when they do, superstars are apt to dictate things, and they might pull an AD and reject a town like Boston out-of-hand)

One thing about Marcus Smart... he bleeds Celtics green.

Smart has improved and he is a great defender but at some point you need to give up defense for more offense. Now, I think Smart has improved offensively and he has a jumpshot now. He's still inconsistent though, Tatum and Brown are really good defenders. If they can get a two-way AS type of player it will go a long way. OR they can keep Smart and add an All-Star player....like I said it all depends on what the cap is. Even with Smart they would have $25M with the projected cap. I would trade Smart for a star essentially in a heartbeat though is what I'm saying. He has improved.

If there is a team that can lure a star, it's Boston.