• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So to cure the boredom...........

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the funniest part was .... Sit him down and void his current contract?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAA

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is why you are a jackass

KEEP RESTRUCTURING??

1. His current contract has never been restructured.

2. He will never see the full contract.

3. He has only 5 million guaranteed past 2015

4. Dare you to try to find a way to get us under the cap next year without restructuring Romo

You didn't even take the 2 minutes to go look at his contract before you spoke up :doh:

okay old wise one let's keep restructuring deals and continue to bury ourselves for the next undetermined seasons.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point you have to think about the future

Most will agree with you here. The problem is making suggestions that simply are not possible to do. There is absolutely no damn way Romo can be released due to the rest of his bonus that will count against the cap. Stop throwing out undoable ideas and maybe your ideas wouldn't get bashed so much. It's not just you, there are a few others throwing shit against the wall in hopes it will stick. Do yourself a favor and look into the criticism sent your way and decide if it is truthful or not. Of course you can always keep going down the same obnoxious road and say people are mean to you.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have to let Ware go, but only because our cap is screwed. Even hurt, he's one of our best players. And he is a Hall of Famer. You have no idea how stupid you come off when you rip a great player like Ware
This guy couldn't even carry Lilly's, White's or Jones' jockstrap. Don't get me started. Ware's major problem is he has nothing between the ears. But go ahead and praise him. For just one minute, I would like every Cowboy fan in here to forget about the name Ware. Just look at the numbers and contract and leave his name out just for a sec. Are we all happy with the production and the results we are getting for this superstar priced contract. And I don't want to hear how he is always doubled and tripled teams all the time. So was lilly, so was Randy White. Oh, but he is injured and hurt all the time lately. I say, then let's cut your salary in half because I can remember when Randy White played with a broken forearm and hand in Super Bowl XIII. Ware is so fucking stupid, its so offensive and embarrassing to me to even consider the thought of putting him in the same category With the Lilly's and Randy White's. Sorry. There is no way anyone in here will change my mind on Ware.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotsman the reason they do 7 year contract with the QBs (Romo, Flacco, Cutler or whoever) is with the restructure in mind. basically it was built into their contracts. Like it or not the QBs will always have restructured contracts.

Now personally I am against restructuring Ware's contract, but Romos was always going to be restructured even before he signed it. Same with all the other new QB contracts.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay old wise one let's keep restructuring deals and continue to bury ourselves for the next undetermined seasons.

I dont see myself as old .... but if it makes you feel better .... I'll be 172

If you read this thread ... it was a game to find a solution ...... Not an excuse to keep complaining about a problem.

BJJ has already admitted he has no concept of the cap .... He shouldn't even be in this thread.

Now I don't know if you do or not ....... I'm leaning at not just not ..... but way fucking confused when it comes to the cap.

Hey if you have a solution .... Shit I'm 1000% for it .... If not .... leave your lame shit in other topics

Topic was started for a simple way to kill boredom .... and talk football.
Dont understand the cap or don't want to play .... fine .... I'd rather that than have it derailed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Dare you to try to find a way to get us under the cap next year without restructuring Romo
:

Mathematically you could do it because cutting Romo as a post 6/1 designate before the 3rd day of the 2014 year would be the same as keeping him but not restructuring him. But you would absolutely crush 2015 because it would include a bunch of post June 1st cuts and it would also leave us without a QB. That means probably saying goodbye to Dez, Smith and Murray.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically you could do it because cutting Romo as a post 6/1 designate before the 3rd day of the 2014 year would be the same as keeping him but not restructuring him. But you would absolutely crush 2015 because it would include a bunch of post June 1st cuts and it would also leave us without a QB. That means probably saying goodbye to Dez, Smith and Murray.

err

read wrong

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt ..... you cant cut Romo before 2015 .....

Sorry period end of discussion on that

25 million max allowed in dead money

Next season we already have 16

only 9 million you can throw in dead money

Not possible to cut any and everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically you could cut or go into next year without restructuring him. My point was that just because you COULD do it doesn't mean you SHOULD. I still haven't seen the specifics on that dead money rule to quite understand it completely. I'll ask the same thing I did last week what happens if Romo is told he can't ever play again by a doctor and retires from the NFL? We don't get to play next year? When Manning was cut by Indy was that in the old cap? Because he had a boat load of dead money.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy couldn't even carry Lilly's, White's or Jones' jockstrap. Don't get me started. Ware's major problem is he has nothing between the ears. But go ahead and praise him. For just one minute, I would like every Cowboy fan in here to forget about the name Ware. Just look at the numbers and contract and leave his name out just for a sec. Are we all happy with the production and the results we are getting for this superstar priced contract. And I don't want to hear how he is always doubled and tripled teams all the time. So was lilly, so was Randy White. Oh, but he is injured and hurt all the time lately. I say, then let's cut your salary in half because I can remember when Randy White played with a broken forearm and hand in Super Bowl XIII. Ware is so fucking stupid, its so offensive and embarrassing to me to even consider the thought of putting him in the same category With the Lilly's and Randy White's. Sorry. There is no way anyone in here will change my mind on Ware.

Look at the numbers? Why don't you pull up his career numbers big boy, pull them up and stick them right beside White's, Jones, Lilly's or any other Cowboy you can think of and revisit that ''couldn't carry their jock'' Bullshit.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most will agree with you here. The problem is making suggestions that simply are not possible to do. There is absolutely no damn way Romo can be released due to the rest of his bonus that will count against the cap. Stop throwing out undoable ideas and maybe your ideas wouldn't get bashed so much. It's not just you, there are a few others throwing shit against the wall in hopes it will stick. Do yourself a favor and look into the criticism sent your way and decide if it is truthful or not. Of course you can always keep going down the same obnoxious road and say people are mean to you.

obviously my understanding of this is flawed after reading all the comments on here but i still think re-structuring year after year just buries the future.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I have come up with so far.

I don't care who wants to hear it .... Romo can't be cut. And Absolutely has to be restructured.
This season Romo played for a base salary of 1.5 million + signing bonus and Misc bonuses.
Cap hit was 11.8 million
We restructure his base next year which is currently 13.5 million.
Once again give him the Vet minimum 1.5 million. and move the 12 million to the 2016- 2017 seasons (Which still makes him cuttable in 2016) That's 2 more seasons
Making his cap hit 8.27 million next year. Down from 21.77 million

Saves you 13.5 million Leaving 11.5 to go

Cut Austin post June 1st .... saves you 4,4 million Leaving 7.1 million to go.

Ware's base is 12.5 million this year. Cap hit is 16 million
Two ways to do this ... Cut him flat out and resign him to a Payton Manning type contract ... year to year. Give him a 2.5 million base salary this year..... would make the cap hit roughly 7 million.
Saves you 9 million on the cap.
Or restructure (which is most likely) take 10 of his million move it to next year. Which will make it a cost of 15.3 million to cut next yeaar ... but post June 1st only 7.5 million ( basically replacing Ratliff in dead cap money)

Minimal restructures..... and under the cap

Cap is predicted to increase 2.6 million per year. So by the time we cut Tony ... it equals out

To your point on Ware, I believe this is why, sadly, he gets cut June 1. I doubt the Cowboys will want to drive up his cap number for next year, when they have several young stars coming up for FA. It's really up to Ware, if he wants to remain a Cowboy for life, he's gonna have to play for less. If he became a FA June 1, I guarantee you there's someone out there that will give him an absurd contract.