• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So to cure the boredom...........

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see suggestions for next year........
And realistic ones...... Not crazy Madden shit.
No switching the coaches we know will be here either....
and cap violations ....
No crazy cut half the team bullshit.....
Keep the troll shit to different threads please

Depending on which site you look at ... we have 12- 16 million in dead money next year .. so a 4 million difference is allowed on the 25 million max you can put there.

Restructuring contracts .... as follows ... Stay within the rules.... guaranteed money is just that ... base salary can be moved .... but remember Vets get Vet minimum no matter what.

This should give everyone something to play with. Including myself

Trade, cut, restructure whoever.

First one to fix the Cowboys wins LOL

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two good sites to use

spotrac and overthecap

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off get Ware and Carr to lower their salaries. Between the two Dallas needs them to relieve the cap space by 6 or 7 Mil.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off get Ware and Carr to lower their salaries. Between the two Dallas needs them to relieve the cap space by 6 or 7 Mil.

LOL Manster .... a little more detailed ....... Restructure ... you have to explain how.... and it has to be realistic that a player would accept or Walk .... ( PS Ware has already said he would restructure .... but WILL NOT take a pay cut) ..... So a Free type of situation will not happen with him.

But a fair little contest.

I haven't even started doing it yet.

and it really wouldn't cure boredom if it could be done in 5 minutes

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just to see where you are going with this, is this a cure for 2014, or a get Dallas out of cap jail contest?? Not trying to troll, but its the off season and i am a little curious while i wait for my Skins to hump the bunk and hire Art Briles. :L

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just to see where you are going with this, is this a cure for 2014, or a get Dallas out of cap jail contest?? Not trying to troll, but its the off season and i am a little curious while i wait for my Skins to hump the bunk and hire Art Briles. :L

Kinda both .....

Have to make the moves to get us under the cap .... while trying to improve the team

No crazy impossible cuts or trades ( IE Ware wont get you a 1st rounder...... IE Romo is impossible to cut) Cause the Madden freaks will fuck up the whole thing.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restructuring Ware, Carr, and Romo isn't going to get us out of future cap hell. I don't think either of them will take a pay cut. This is going to be hard lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda both .....

Have to make the moves to get us under the cap .... while trying to improve the team

No crazy impossible cuts or trades ( IE Ware wont get you a 1st rounder...... IE Romo is impossible to cut) Cause the Madden freaks will fuck up the whole thing.

No trades, making Miles a June 1st cut and restructuring Ware, Carr, Lee and Scandrick and Witten I can get under this year and next year... right up until you do the deals for Dez and or Tyron. And thats without committing more to Romo which i think would be a bad idea... but I hope Jerry does it. :)

Those five moves would put you around $2.66 under until June first for 2014, And Miles would make it $8 million under after June 1st. But again thats leaving Bryant and Smith to play out their final years and also only leaves you $1.4 million under in 2015.

Bottom line, if Jerry is willing to bite the bullet and leave romo's deal alone this year, by 2016 you guys will be actually cap healthy..... maybe.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restructuring Ware, Carr, and Romo isn't going to get us out of future cap hell. I don't think either of them will take a pay cut. This is going to be hard lol

Yeah it is ...... but

thats kinda the point

Worst case .... no one leaves dumber about the game that tries and actually sees how hard it is

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trades, making Miles a June 1st cut and restructuring Ware, Carr, Lee and Scandrick and Witten I can get under this year and next year... right up until you do the deals for Dez and or Tyron. And thats without committing more to Romo which i think would be a bad idea... but I hope Jerry does it. :)

Those five moves would put you around $2.66 under until June first for 2014, And Miles would make it $8 million under after June 1st. But again thats leaving Bryant and Smith to play out their final years and also only leaves you $1.4 million under in 2015.

Bottom line, if Jerry is willing to bite the bullet and leave romo's deal alone this year, by 2016 you guys will be actually cap healthy..... maybe.

As a Skins fan you should know your scenario isn't possible

Only allowed under NFL rules to have 25 million in dead money .... yall gave Haynesworth 40 million? in one offseason to leave and that's what you were fined for .....

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually my bad shark I misread ..... My bad ( I was thinking you said cut those not restructure)

Thats alot of damn restructures though with not much cap left...... works though ...

Idea also means show how you restructure though.....

We have months of boredom .... LOL not expecting anyone to be able to do this in a night

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Skins fan you should know your scenario isn't possible

Only allowed under NFL rules to have 25 million in dead money .... yall gave Haynesworth 40 million? in one offseason to leave and that's what you were fined for .....

Actually that would only put you at $14.5 million in dead money which is less than the 25 million you speak of. remember the only cut I made was MIles as a June 1st cut. So carrying forward your 12 million, plus miles minimum june 1st number, puts you around $15 million in dead money max. Leaving room if you needed to get rid of some one like Orton to make room to resign one of your two young stars this off season.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that would only put you at $14.5 million in dead money which is less than the 25 million you speak of. remember the only cut I made was MIles as a June 1st cut. So carrying forward your 12 million, plus miles minimum june 1st number, puts you around $15 million in dead money max. Leaving room if you needed to get rid of some one like Orton to make room to resign one of your two young stars this off season.

yeah I had just misread man ..... Like I said my bad on that

Kinda have to show the numbers on here though .... hahaha or gonna be alot of us doing math and searching ... which wont happen LOL

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually my bad shark I misread ..... My bad ( I was thinking you said cut those not restructure)

Thats alot of damn restructures though with not much cap left...... works though ...

Idea also means show how you restructure though.....

We have months of boredom .... LOL not expecting anyone to be able to do this in a night

gave Ware, Carr Witten, Lee and Scandrick all base salary for their respective time in the league guaranteed and spread the rest of their base as signing bonus over the rest of their remaining contract. Makes Ware and Witten a bit cumbersome going forward. But I dont think jerry can bare to part with two future hall of famers until they are basically laying dead on the 50 at Jerry world. And with $8 million clear for 2014 means no big signings, but also means you dont go into 2014 already over the cap for 2015.

And remember all this is without touching Romo's deal just in case his health isnt what one would hope in 2016.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now... ask me what i can do with the giants, eagles or redskins cap?? LOL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to force Ware to take pay cut. Enough with all of the lame restructuring. Time to stop the bleeding. Look at the players the Patriots have either cut or traded over the years. We should have traded Austin,Ware and Romo when we could have gotten something. The window slammed shut on this team when Romo went to cabo.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Manster .... a little more detailed ....... Restructure ... you have to explain how.... and it has to be realistic that a player would accept or Walk .... ( PS Ware has already said he would restructure .... but WILL NOT take a pay cut) ..... So a Free type of situation will not happen with him.

But a fair little contest.

I haven't even started doing it yet.

and it really wouldn't cure boredom if it could be done in 5 minutes

Too many variables for me to consider. I'll be director of personnel, tell you what I want and leave all the math up to you.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My way wouldn't be real popular, because we would probably go 6-10. I would let every UFA walk, Hatcher, Spencer, Sims,everyone except Bailey, who is restricted. I would make Austin and Ware June 1 cuts(I love Ware, but am not interested in restructuring his $16 million cap hit to $17 million next year when he's a year older). Restructures on Romo, Carr, Scandrick and Witten. All of this puts the Cowboys around $20 million under this years cap. I don't sign any over priced FA's, let all the big names go by, and sign a couple of low cost vets to round out the roster. I use the majority of the cap space to sign TSmith and Dez to long term deals, giving them a higher base this year than next. And in the draft, I sign the best player available, regardless of position, to raise the overall talent level of the team. We may not win as many games(although, many of the players let go, Austin, Ware and Spencer have battled injuries anyway), but the cap is a little cleaner going forward, and the roster is younger. If there is a new coach the following year, at least he has a fighting chance, and if JG manages 9-7 and sticks around, that would be fine by me as well

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are like 29 or 30 mil. over cap, & I know no one wants to talk about restructuring Romo, but that is what his 7 year contract was contructed for. Restructuring. That would save the Cowboys a little over 10 mil. right there. I would also suspect they will do one more restructuring of Romos current contract down the line.
To me Austin is a definite cut.
Other than Cutting Ware. I don't know where they can get any huge chunks of cap relief. So I could see a very good possibility that Ware becomes a cap casualty. (of course we will probably just restructure)
Also think Mackenzy Bernadeau has a good possibility of being cut.
Other than that I see a lot of extensions, restructures & some unpopular cuts coming.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone remind me to become a Nuclear Physicist ..so I can can back here and start a Nuclear thread simply because I know no one else will understand it.