• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB

micronexum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can y'all just stop winning for me please. Lol

(BTW don't take this seriously Pats fans, go back to bowing to Brady because once he retires, bye-bye dynasty)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand this mentality. You're alive to see one of the GOAT teams and you're bitching. I'm lucky enough to have seen Gretzky, Jordan, Barry Sanders, the 49ers dynasty, the Cowboys dynasty etc...that's what being a sports fan is all about.

I always love hearing stories about the greats I wasn't old enough, or alive to see, from people who were.

You should consider yourself lucky.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inb4 the feasting on tears of haters posts

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me

I love it

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand this mentality. You're alive to see one of the GOAT teams and you're bitching. I'm lucky enough to have seen Gretzky, Jordan, Barry Sanders, the 49ers dynasty, the Cowboys dynasty etc...that's what being a sports fan is all about.

I always love hearing stories about the greats I wasn't old enough, or alive to see, from people who were.

Yeah, I love watching the well oiled machine that is the New England Patriots. I'd love to see Brady get a few more rings. Just not this year. :)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand it. I felt the same way about the Yankees.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just fast forward to the Mahomes vs Watson divisional round already? The AFC was incredibly stale outside of the Jags.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars linebacker Myles Jack made a sensational play in the AFC Championship Game when he ran down Patriots running back Dion Lewis, forced a fumble and recovered it. But did the officials rob Jack of an even more sensational play?

After recovering the ball on the ground, Jack got up and started sprinting down the field, appearing to have a clear path to the end zone. The officials immediately blew the play dead, however, ruling Jack down by contact as soon as he recovered.

The question is whether Jack actually had made contact with Lewis after he recovered the fumble. And replays indicate that he may not have: Jack was still grasping for the ball as he rolled over and away from Lewis and didn’t appear to have possession of the ball until he was free of Lewis and not near any other Patriots. Jack clearly didn’t think he was down, which is why he got up and started sprinting for what could have been a touchdown.

The play was reviewed, but only as to the question of whether it was a fumble and whether the Jaguars recovered. It clearly was a fumble and Jack clearly did recover. But there could be no review of whether Jack was down by contact after recovering the ball because the officials had blown the play dead. Once a play is blown dead, nothing that happens after that can be changed in instant replay.

If the officials had allowed the play to continue, Jack may very well have run for a touchdown that would have given the Jaguars a 27-10 lead with less than 14 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. It’s possible the Patriots still could have come back and won, but it would have been a whole lot harder if they were behind by three possessions instead of two.

The official who blew the play dead may have had a better view than the TV cameras of where Jack and Lewis were at the time Jack recovered the fumble, or he may have just assumed Jack was touched down because he saw Jack and Lewis going to the ground right next to each other. If the officials would err on the side of letting a play go, it would allow replay to fix any mistakes. But when asked about the play, the league office told PFT that officials are supposed to call what they see, and not let a play go just because they might get corrected on replay.

“The ruling on the field was a fumble, recovered by the defense. Because a whistle was blown, there could be no advance of the fumble, and that ended the play,” NFL spokesman Michael Signora told PFT via email. “Replay was used to determine if in fact it was a fumble and/or if the player was down by contact, but no advance of the fumble could be added at this point. The officials are instructed to officiate as to what they see on the field, not to replay.”

This play was blown dead, and it may have cost the Jaguars a touchdown that could have been the difference between a loss and a trip to the Super Bowl.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling this is what's really causing the ratings decline. People start to lose interest when one team wins 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. Knowing their team has no chance. Although I can't complain because my team won that other SB.

Go Broncos!

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some great dynasties in sports, Celtics in the 60s, Yankees, Canadians, Islanders, Bulls, the list goes on.

But 18 years? No dynasty compares. Unless you consider this two dynasties.

It's really up to the other 31 teams to raise their game to the Pats level and knock them off. Only the Broncos and Giants have chipped away at it.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can fully understand this thread. Some people claim that stuff like Jordan's domination of the nba should be great entertainment for us sports fans but when you are a fan of your team and you know your team has precisely zero chance of a SB, not just now but for the next five years, because of some ridiculously good dynasty, it does ruin it a little. More importantly, you tend to feel it's a bunch of re-airings of the same movie and that's no fun.

But at the same time, it's the rest of the league's fault that they've never been able to get their shit together and stop New England for more than a year or two at a time and if you want something to blame for the pats' six rings, you can start with the other thirty-one teams. The pats are as far ahead of the game as any team in any sport I've ever seen and they actually do deserve the praise they get.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can y'all just stop winning for me please. Lol

(BTW don't take this seriously Pats fans, go back to bowing to Brady because once he retires, bye-bye dynasty)
So which is it don't take this seriously or respond to the asinine jab anyway?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy to think about. The time gap between Brady's first Super Bowl in 2001 and most recent in 2017, is the same as the difference between the Bears/Patriots Super Bowl in 1985 and Brady's first Super Bowl in 2001.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars linebacker Myles Jack made a sensational play in the AFC Championship Game when he ran down Patriots running back Dion Lewis, forced a fumble and recovered it. But did the officials rob Jack of an even more sensational play?

After recovering the ball on the ground, Jack got up and started sprinting down the field, appearing to have a clear path to the end zone. The officials immediately blew the play dead, however, ruling Jack down by contact as soon as he recovered.

The question is whether Jack actually had made contact with Lewis after he recovered the fumble. And replays indicate that he may not have: Jack was still grasping for the ball as he rolled over and away from Lewis and didn’t appear to have possession of the ball until he was free of Lewis and not near any other Patriots. Jack clearly didn’t think he was down, which is why he got up and started sprinting for what could have been a touchdown.

The play was reviewed, but only as to the question of whether it was a fumble and whether the Jaguars recovered. It clearly was a fumble and Jack clearly did recover. But there could be no review of whether Jack was down by contact after recovering the ball because the officials had blown the play dead. Once a play is blown dead, nothing that happens after that can be changed in instant replay.

If the officials had allowed the play to continue, Jack may very well have run for a touchdown that would have given the Jaguars a 27-10 lead with less than 14 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. It’s possible the Patriots still could have come back and won, but it would have been a whole lot harder if they were behind by three possessions instead of two.

The official who blew the play dead may have had a better view than the TV cameras of where Jack and Lewis were at the time Jack recovered the fumble, or he may have just assumed Jack was touched down because he saw Jack and Lewis going to the ground right next to each other. If the officials would err on the side of letting a play go, it would allow replay to fix any mistakes. But when asked about the play, the league office told PFT that officials are supposed to call what they see, and not let a play go just because they might get corrected on replay.

“The ruling on the field was a fumble, recovered by the defense. Because a whistle was blown, there could be no advance of the fumble, and that ended the play,” NFL spokesman Michael Signora told PFT via email. “Replay was used to determine if in fact it was a fumble and/or if the player was down by contact, but no advance of the fumble could be added at this point. The officials are instructed to officiate as to what they see on the field, not to replay.”

This play was blown dead, and it may have cost the Jaguars a touchdown that could have been the difference between a loss and a trip to the Super Bowl.
Down by contact. End of discussion you have a wonder filled day, just keep working on schemes and dreams of how to take away from the greatest football team in the history of the game.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down by contact. End of discussion you have a wonder filled day, just keep working on schemes and dreams of how to take away from the greatest football team in the history of the game.

No he wasnt

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he down by contact? I didn't see that. Looked like the ref thought he was.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are wrong