• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So say we had a four agme playoff this season who is in

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitting Bama and Aub is 2012 NCG all over again. Replace LSU with Aub. If you beat a team in the regular season, should you have to beat them again in a NCG? Should a team thats 2nd(or 3rd) best in its own conference get a chance to be in the big dance? Sure Bama is a good team. No disputes there. But they lost to Auburn and didn't even play in their own CCG. Most, outside of team SEC, realize that the BCS is like going to Vegas. The rest of Div I is playing against a stacked deck, when the SEC led voting block puts half or more of their teams in the top 25 each season. Its easier to hold on to the top 25 then to bust your way in. If we want to see who is the best, we need to have an environment that allows the best, no matter where they come from, to compete. There are some very good teams out there. Every other sport figures out who is the best in their division, conference and then the country. The BCS has failed in this regard. It is a system that is more about where you're from than what you've done. Sooo...

1) FSU
2) Aub
3) MSU
4) BU

If the system expands to 8 or 12 team playoff, then we can consider wildcard options(Bama, OU, UO, tOSU, etc). In the mean time, you have 4 teams from 4 power conferences. Sure, the PAC is left out in this scenario, but their Conf champ is a 2 loss team and the others are 0/1 loss teams.

Just my two pesos.

Nah, Give the last spot to UCF. They have just one loss as well and are from a power conference.
And didn't get beat up and down the field like Baylor did.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Give the last spot to UCF. They have just one loss as well and are from a power conference.
And didn't get beat up and down the field like Baylor did.

UCF struggled against some less than stellar teams(SMU, SFLA, Temple, Memphis, PSU). In an 8 team playoff, I'd say, sure.....put them in. BU had 1 bad day, just as Aub and MSU did. The overall resume of these conf champs however pitted them against the best of the best and they prevailed. If UCF is valid, then Boise should've been in a few championships as well. The AAC as a whole looks impressive on paper, but take each team individually and look what they've done and they're not quite up there with the SEC, BIG, B12, PAC or ACC yet.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF struggled against some less than stellar teams(SMU, SFLA, Temple, Memphis, PSU). In an 8 team playoff, I'd say, sure.....put them in. BU had 1 bad day, just as Aub and MSU did. The overall resume of these conf champs however pitted them against the best of the best and they prevailed. If UCF is valid, then Boise should've been in a few championships as well. The AAC as a whole looks impressive on paper, but take each team individually and look what they've done and they're not quite up there with the SEC, BIG, B12, PAC or ACC yet.

You vote down UCF based on SOS, but give Baylor credit for theirs. UCF lost by 3 to a top 10 USCe while Baylor got throttled by a not so top ten Oklahoma state.

Sorry, but if you want conference champions only, give it to the ones who earned it.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You vote down UCF based on SOS, but give Baylor credit for theirs. UCF lost by 3 to a top 10 USCe while Baylor got throttled by a not so top ten Oklahoma state.

Sorry, but if you want conference champions only, give it to the ones who earned it.

So, BU lost 1 game. They won 11 games. Didn't just win, but throttled. Averaging 60+ pts a game, beating most teams by 30+ pts.

BU:

69 -3 Woff
70 - 13 Buff
70 - 7 LaMon
73 - 42 WV
35 - 25 KSU
71 - 7 ISU
59 - 14 KU
41- 12 OU
63 - 34 TT
49 - 17 OSU (loss)
41 - 38 TCU
30 - 10 UT

UCF:

38 - 7 Akron
38 - 0 FIU
34 - 31 PSU
28 - 25 SCar(loss)
24 - 17 Mem
38 - 35 Lou
62 - 17 Uconn
19 - 14 Hou
39 - 36 Tem
41 - 17 Rut
23 - 20 SFlor
17 - 13 SMU

I can see using the "best loss" argument, UCF gets the nod. BU's is against #13 OkSU; UCF against #8 SCar. However, "best win" for UCF is #18 Louisville. As opposed to BU "best win" against #12 OU. Margin of victory(eye-candy test) def goes to BU.

In any case, all just armchair analysts, we are. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the coming years. :pop2:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that it is mostly fans of the SEC that want the 4 best teams, and that most fans from other conferences want conference champions only.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be extremely difficult to not win your conference title and be in the playoff. Something like 2 good out of conference wins. The amount of good out of conference games seems to drop every season. How do we know how good a conference is each season?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 4 team playoff you pick the 4 best teams IMO. An 8 team playoff is perfect for conference champs. I put the power 5 champs all in and then 3 at large teams. Any undefeated non power 5 conference champion gets an autobid. A team like Bama this year still probably gets in as well as it's unlikely 3 non power 5 champs are undefeated.