• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, let's take a gander at how the D'Backs lineup stacks up now

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... against the other top lineups in baseball.

I'll predict that it will look something like...

vs RHP

1 - Pollock CF
2 - Peralta RF
3 - Goldschmidt 1B
4 - Lamb 3B
5 - J.D. Martinez LF
6 - Owings SS
7 - Drury 2B
8 - Hermann C
9 - Pitcher

vs LHP

1 - Pollock CF
2 - Peralta RF
3 - Goldschmidt 1B
4 - J.D. Martinez LF
5 - Yasmany Tomas 3B (Lamb and his .141 BA vs LHP platoons out)
6 - Owings SS
7 - Drury 2B
8 - Iannetta C
9 - Pitcher

Where do you rank this lineup with the likes of Houston, LAD... etc...??? I think it has as much upside as any of those lineups. Especially in such a hitters ball park.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent lineup, but still behind the Dodgers and Nats in the NL.

It's gonna take some October chokiness to not see a Dodgers-Astros World Series IMO.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the Yankees didnt mortgage the future

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Yankees are "close" to acquiring Todd Frazier, David Robertson, and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox.

Bruce Levine of WSCR and 670 The Score was first to suggest the blockbuster trade might be happening. It would be a huge boost to parts of the Yankees' roster that need boosting, and it also keeps the rival Red Sox from landing a number of their primary trade targets. Frazier has slugged 91 home runs over the last two-and-a-half seasons, though he is due to become a free agent this winter. Robertson, who began his career with the Yankees, is having his best year since 2013. He is under contract for $13 million in 2018. Kahnle, a hard-throwing right-hander reliever, boasts a 2.50 ERA and 60/7 K/BB ratio in 36 innings this season and is under club control through 2020.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Yankees are "close" to acquiring Todd Frazier, David Robertson, and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox.

Bruce Levine of WSCR and 670 The Score was first to suggest the blockbuster trade might be happening. It would be a huge boost to parts of the Yankees' roster that need boosting, and it also keeps the rival Red Sox from landing a number of their primary trade targets. Frazier has slugged 91 home runs over the last two-and-a-half seasons, though he is due to become a free agent this winter. Robertson, who began his career with the Yankees, is having his best year since 2013. He is under contract for $13 million in 2018. Kahnle, a hard-throwing right-hander reliever, boasts a 2.50 ERA and 60/7 K/BB ratio in 36 innings this season and is under club control through 2020.

Rutherford, Clarkin, next year's first round pick... is the news so far. More expected to come out.

Kahnle, D-Rob and Chapman is a helluva bullpen. BTW

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomas is on the DL & will likely be there for a while. Also, you will never see Tomas playing 3B again. The Dbacks use Descalso or Marte to give Lamb nights off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomas is on the DL & will likely be there for a while. Also, you will never see Tomas playing 3B again. The Dbacks use Descalso or Marte to give Lamb nights off.

I realize that Tomas is on the DL. However, he is not out for the season. Strained a groin in a rehab stint. I don't think you keep his bat out of the lineup vs LHP for either of those two. IMO, he will play some 3rd, as well as take Peralta's spot in the OF to give him a night off vs LHP too.

The whole point of Tomas is that he pounds southpaws. Just under a .1000 OPS lifetime, with a .325 batting average. How do you keep that out of your lineup come the stretch run? The potential vs LHP with Pollock at the top. Then Goldy, JD, Tomas and Owings going through the heart of the order is unprecedented. Outside of maybe Houston.

Whose roster spot does he take? Fuentes? Then you have Ahmed coming back in September, presumably to take Marte or Descalo's spot.

I live in Detroit now, and have watched the Tigers play about every night. I don't think people realize the ability Martinez has. It's hall of fame caliber. His problem has just been health. I mean, my gosh... the guy is hitting .500 vs LHP this year. .500!!!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutherford, Clarkin, next year's first round pick... is the news so far. More expected to come out.

Kahnle, D-Rob and Chapman is a helluva bullpen. BTW

Hadn't seen that part. I did hear Tyler Clippard as part of what the Yankees are giving up.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that Tomas is on the DL. However, he is not out for the season. Strained a groin in a rehab stint. I don't think you keep his bat out of the lineup vs LHP for either of those two. IMO, he will play some 3rd, as well as take Peralta's spot in the OF to give him a night off vs LHP too.

The whole point of Tomas is that he pounds southpaws. Just under a .1000 OPS lifetime, with a .325 batting average. How do you keep that out of your lineup come the stretch run? The potential vs LHP with Pollock at the top. Then Goldy, JD, Tomas and Owings going through the heart of the order is unprecedented. Outside of maybe Houston.

Whose roster spot does he take? Fuentes? Then you have Ahmed coming back in September, presumably to take Marte or Descalo's spot.

I live in Detroit now, and have watched the Tigers play about every night. I don't think people realize the ability Martinez has. It's hall of fame caliber. His problem has just been health. I mean, my gosh... the guy is hitting .500 vs LHP this year. .500!!!

As an outsider, I doubt you have seen Tomas at 3B much.

So let me repeat, barring an injury to 4 or 5 other players, Tomas will never play 3B in Arizona again. He is terrible. His arm is okay for the position but he is like a flopping fish when balls are not hit right at him. While he does bring some pop against LHP, his defense at 3B negates that. When Tomas comes back, he will likely be a bench bat & spell Peralta against LHP.

It is not a given that Tomas will be back before September. He re-aggravated the injury recently during a rehab assignment, which caused a reclassification of the original injury. That was part of the thinking going into this trade, Tomas will be out for a while. Barring an injury to an OF, he likely will be retroactively put on the 60 day DL and held out till September.

Fuentes is the odd man out with Martinez now on the roster. And I doubt you see will Ahmed before September call-ups. He will replace Marte if he is activated before then.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't seen that part. I did hear Tyler Clippard as part of what the Yankees are giving up.

That was in the initial tweets, and nowhere to find in the official report.

:noidea:

I guess somebody either spoke too soon, or had bad information.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The official word came in on MLB Network. Yankees gave up
Rutherford, Clippard, Ian Clarkin, and Tito Polo.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I doubt you have seen Tomas at 3B much.

So let me repeat, barring an injury to 4 or 5 other players, Tomas will never play 3B in Arizona again. He is terrible. His arm is okay for the position but he is like a flopping fish when balls are not hit right at him. While he does bring some pop against LHP, his defense at 3B negates that. When Tomas comes back, he will likely be a bench bat & spell Peralta against LHP.

Fair enough. That's disappointing to me, I was fantasizing about that middle of the lineup vs LHP. You're right, I wasn't aware of how bad he was at third. Sounds like a future DH in the AL.

Either way, you guys should have a fun team to watch down the stretch. You think that's it for deadline moves? Obviously, like many clubs, you could use an arm. I just don't know what you have left to offer, and the market isn't too great.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. That's disappointing to me, I was fantasizing about that middle of the lineup vs LHP. You're right, I wasn't aware of how bad he was at third. Sounds like a future DH in the AL.

Either way, you guys should have a fun team to watch down the stretch. You think that's it for deadline moves? Obviously, like many clubs, you could use an arm. I just don't know what you have left to offer, and the market isn't too great.

Tomas' future is definitely as an DH. Problem is that his salary makes it near impossible to move him.

An RH OF impact bat was the pressing need the team had. I think Hazen will try to acquire a BP arm near the deadline after we see how Rodney, Barrett, RDLR fair between now & then. The rotation is top 5 in MLB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomas' future is definitely as an DH. Problem is that his salary makes it near impossible to move him.

An RH OF impact bat was the pressing need the team had. I think Hazen will try to acquire a BP arm near the deadline after we see how Rodney, Barrett, RDLR fair between now & then. The rotation is top 5 in MLB.

Yeah, I love Ray. When his command is on, he's as good as anyone out there. Godley is also quite solid. Walker is a very good looking young pitcher. Greinke, is of course, an ace. Another bullpen arm would look real nice.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't trade picks in baseball so whoever claimed that on twitter, you should just unfollow.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't trade picks in baseball so whoever claimed that on twitter, you should just unfollow.

It was all over the place. Last night, at around 9 PM. If you googled "Todd Frazier trade". The first thing that came up was including the Yankees 2018 first round pick AND prospects.

You know what it probably was? The news probably got out that the Yankees traded their "first round pick"... as in Rutherford, who was their first round pick in 2016. That probably leaked out in pieces, and people who didn't know what it meant, relayed bad info. They heard it as both "Rutherford AND their first round pick".