• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Let Me Ask

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we stay at number 5 then who are you guys hoping that we get Danny Shelton, Randy Gregory or Dante Fowler?

And if we trade down who are you hoping we get Landon Collins or Brandon Scherff?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I am not a GM, I have been hit and miss in the past. I wanted the Skins to draft Kam Chancellor with an early pick, I was pissed when we drafted Carlos Rogers, and on the flip side, me, my brothers, and my late father all did back flips when we drafted Heath Shuler and Desmond Howard.

That being said, my feelings wouldn't be hurt if we drafted Scherff at 5. However, for arguments sake, if we somehow stay at 5 AND re-sign Orakpo, I would have to say Shane Ray. My concern with him is the same with Gregory, left tackles might swallow them whole. I see more speed with Ray though.

Fowler is more of a true 34 LB, and could be the pick. I like Shelton, and i wouldn't be mad if Scot went that route, but we were pretty good against the run last year, and that was with Ryan Clark missing something like 24 more tackles than any other safety.

Trade down, I take Scherff of course.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction, if we DON'T RE-SIGN Orakpo.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay at #5 I would go with a true NT in Shelton. If we trade down It has to be Scherff.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we stay at 5....I would prefer Shelton, Fowler, and lastly gregory in that order......

tade down, Collins, or Peat.....Scherff is projecting guard......which is a need, but RT is more so I believe, and Scherff is NOT a NFL Right Tackle.......I live in Iowa and unfortunately have seen him play alot...He is definetly a mauler and finisher in the run game, but in passing sets.....not so much!!!!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we stay at number 5 then who are you guys hoping that we get Danny Shelton, Randy Gregory or Dante Fowler?

And if we trade down who are you hoping we get Landon Collins or Brandon Scherff?

If we stay at 5, Danny Shelton. I like him because we have yet to get a legit NT for our 3-4 and he has had
success playing all three downs. Gregory, and Ray look like safeties and both are dealing with injuries/injury history. Fowler is ok, but i'd like to see what we have in Murphy.

Trading down, IMO simply depends on where. The BPA could be a CB, S, OT.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to draft the best player . shelton seems like less of a risk . i like beasley out of the pass rushers

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay at #5 I would go with a true NT in Shelton. If we trade down It has to be Scherff.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true. Shelton being the next great NT for the ages and falling right into the Skins laps sounds too good to be true. Which is why I think we draft him and he sucks.

That is all.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true. Shelton being the next great NT for the ages and falling right into the Skins laps sounds too good to be true. Which is why I think we draft him and he sucks.

That is all.
Gonna start hiding some 'optimistic happy' drops in your cereal at breakfast...

Not that the skins track record with first round picks hasn't earned your pessimism :tsk:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna start hiding some 'optimistic happy' drops in your cereal at breakfast...

Not that the skins track record with first round picks hasn't earned your pessimism :tsk:

Oh no Cali, I have optimism in there some where. Im optimistic that if we make the less flashy pick and avoid the Cant miss next great (name the position), we might actually NOT screw it up. But lets face it, when it comes to getting it right on the CANT MISS picks, the Skins are about as skillful as a blind man crossing the LA freeway in rush hour traffic in the rain.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stick at #5, we take either Danny Shelton or Dante Fowler/Shane Ray. No o-lineman is worth the #5 pick in this draft, including Sherff. That's because he's a guard and there's no way a guard is worth that type of pick. Randy Gregory is a freakish athlete, but he's still a project and his size is potentially an issue.

Having said all of this, we need more picks and the primary focus now is to see if we can fleece Ray Farmer or Chippy to mortgage their future to us.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stick at #5, we take either Danny Shelton or Dante Fowler/Shane Ray. No o-lineman is worth the #5 pick in this draft, including Sherff. That's because he's a guard and there's no way a guard is worth that type of pick. Randy Gregory is a freakish athlete, but he's still a project and his size is potentially an issue.

Having said all of this, we need more picks and the primary focus now is to see if we can fleece Ray Farmer or Chippy to mortgage their future to us.

This is exactly how I see it but I would eliminate Ray. I'm with Fowler first and Shelton 2nd, assuming we don't sign Williams. If they sign a FA NT then there is no way they should take Shelton, the pick is redundant and kind of a waste.

Before people jump on me for my BPA stance there is a difference between the Green Bay Packers reaching 10 spots to fill a need and passing on a QB even if he is BPA on their draft board.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to draft the best player . shelton seems like less of a risk . i like beasley out of the pass rushers

Rays my favorite and number one draft hopeful. Beasleys my second. Despite that, if Wash picks Shelton I wouldn't cry a river over it happening.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly offered two #1's and Nick Foles for the Redskins 5th pick would you do it? If not, what would you counter with?