• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So If Scott Frost Bust at Nebraska Should They Just Shut The Program Down?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I would rather watch a women’s volleyball game more than most of these bowl games.
Well yeah!
5305773210_f3f6098bc2_b.jpg

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If frost fails, it will be an overhaul top to bottom. But seeing how he coached a G5 team who put a smack down on Auburn who also beat Georgia and Alabama, i dont see that happening.

That G5 team is full of Florida talent and the school is located in sunny Orlando. You have ZERO talent in the state of Nebraska and well, you're located in the state of Nebraska. Major difference......

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is stuck for 7 years because our administration is full of idiots. That being said our moron coach at least won the West this year and has a conference championship in 2013. We keep pulling top 10 classes so there is always hope.

The big question for you guys is if Frost can get the recruits to Nebraska. Let’s not pretend that the recruits he landed at UCF are going to run the B1G gauntlet. He is going to need to upgrade the athletes across the bd and start signing some top 10 classes consistently.

It’s a tough nut to pull off.

Gosh, you sure shelved the "plan B" stuff in a hurry.

You said Nebraska has "no plan B".

Why would any team have a "plan B" in place for a coach who's never coached as much as a practice there?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That G5 team is full of Florida talent and the school is located in sunny Orlando. You have ZERO talent in the state of Nebraska and well, you're located in the state of Nebraska. Major difference......

The last 5 years of 247 recruiting rankings say you're an ignorant fuck.
UCF had Florida players, but not the "Florida talent". The "Florida talent" went to Miami, FSU, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, etc...
Nebraska was ranked higher than UCF in the recruiting rankings every year by good margin.
So was tejas, but look at your lack of achievement.

Not to mention Nebraska has talent. It's either been recruited away or most importantly undeveloped.

9 of the 11 starters on the '95 offense were from Nebraska.

I do give you credit in figuring out that UCF is indeed in Orlando and Nebraska is in Nebraska.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh, you sure shelved the "plan B" stuff in a hurry.

You said Nebraska has "no plan B".

Why would any team have a "plan B" in place for a coach who's never coached as much as a practice there?
You keep dodging the real question. What if Frost fails? This is like your Hail Mary the perfect storm (in a good way) but what if it isn’t enough?

Stuff to keep you awake at night.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 5 years of 247 recruiting rankings say you're an ignorant fuck.
UCF had Florida players, but not the "Florida talent". The "Florida talent" went to Miami, FSU, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, etc...
Nebraska was ranked higher than UCF in the recruiting rankings every year by good margin.
So was tejas, but look at your lack of achievement.

Not to mention Nebraska has talent. It's either been recruited away or most importantly undeveloped.

9 of the 11 starters on the '95 offense were from Nebraska.

I do give you credit in figuring out that UCF is indeed in Orlando and Nebraska is in Nebraska.

The part you ignore is that probably 20 teams could have accomplished the same thing on their schedule.

He's a good coach and I hope Nebraska takes over the Big10 with him, but you need to get a serious grip on what has actually been accomplished.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrison Phillips is from Nebraska and was All Pac 12 for Stanford this year on defense.

Noah Fant is from Nebraska. He had 21 receptions and 7 TD catches as a tight end at Iowa this year.

Bryson Williams is from Nebraska. He has signed with Wisconsin for next year.

There's some talent here, they just haven't had a reason to stay. Sadly, the days of every single kid in Nebraska growing up and dreaming about getting to put on a helmet with the N on it are gone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoS for the regular Season:

#12 Texas
#16 Nebraska
#99 Central Florida

And the reason UCF made the top 100 was because they made the conference championship game, it was #109 before then.

So please stop acting like he just went undefeated on a P5 conference schedule.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Auburn and Nebraska is stupid though.....especially in 2017

Auburn can land upper end top 10 recruiting classes, even with a maybe elite coach, Nebraska is probably going to be at best in the 15-25 range.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, the Auburn game took UCF's schedule all the way up to #72.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part you ignore is that probably 20 teams could have accomplished the same thing on their schedule.

He's a good coach and I hope Nebraska takes over the Big10 with him, but you need to get a serious grip on what has actually been accomplished.
But at the same time, could they do it with their talent? It’s easy to do it with significantly more talented teams. Could they run the table beating a couple of P5 teams with low end G5 talent?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep dodging the real question. What if Frost fails? This is like your Hail Mary the perfect storm (in a good way) but what if it isn’t enough?

Stuff to keep you awake at night.

Naw. I'm sleeping just fine after a 3 year fucking nightmare that I wtf'd the day it was announced.

Frost took less talent than he'll have at Nebraska and put the pieces together enough to go 13-0 and beat Auburn in a NY6 bowl.

Sleeping quite well knowing that caliber of a coach can now devote 100% of his time to Nebraska football.
You realize Frost and his staff had been sharing duties between Nebraska and UCF since Dec 3rd right? All those distractions and he STILL beat Auburn.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the same time, could they do it with their talent? It’s easy to do it with significantly more talented teams. Could they run the table beating a couple of P5 teams with low end G5 talent?

Since your question is more geared towards coaching than teams:

He's a good coach and the best hire Nebraska has made in recent history. The turn around for UCF is remarkable and I couldn't stop grinning yesterday as they carved Auburn up - despite knowing how stupid people would get.

The best news for Nebraska is they are in the Big10 West, so it shouldn't take much to get them back into some kind of decent looking shape record wise. Back to the Pelini years quickly I would think minimum.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was accomplished was Frost beating an upper-tier SEC team with UCF's roster having far less talent. All while pulling double duty for two schools.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was accomplished was Frost beating an upper-tier SEC team with UCF's roster having far less talent. All while pulling double duty for two schools.

Ok, now if you would just stop there.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the right guy for the job. Neb fans will have to be patient as it will take at least 1-2 seasons to get them really ready to be competitive against the big boys of the Big10. Its kind of a similar situation to when Petersen excepted the job at Washington.
Both programs were mediocre with the previous staff, recruiting suffered, and always have to work extremely hard to recruit against the other bigboys given the geography and getting 4+ star talent to comit to playing there.
Year 3 will be the true measuring stick. In the meantime, enjoy the ride up, but get ready to be patient because 7 to 8 wins are about what you'll be dealing with years 1 and 2.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since your question is more geared towards coaching than teams:

He's a good coach and the best hire Nebraska has made in recent history. The turn around for UCF is remarkable and I couldn't stop grinning yesterday as they carved Auburn up - despite knowing how stupid people would get.

The best news for Nebraska is they are in the Big10 West, so it shouldn't take much to get them back into some kind of decent looking shape record wise. Back to the Pelini years quickly I would think minimum.
You have to boil it down to coaching because it’s not like we are comparing Auburn going through Wisconsin’s schedule. You have to consider doing that with G5 players.