• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if it comes down to it, who gets the 25th roster spot - Arias or Theriot?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be pegs. That's who I'd choose. And I agree with Bochy, you only need 11 pitchers, and that means Vogey or Timmy goes to long relief.

Regarding that last question, I'd be bold and put Timmy in the bullpen. That way Posey unquestionably catches every game, you got pick at 1B in every game, and Hector can come off the bench, if needed. If X or Shark can step up for a couple of games, that's a pretty strong lineup, bench, and bullpen. The only caveat I can think of off the top of my head is Timmy needs to start in a clean inning, i.e. no men on base.

yeah, I agree -- but Noggin has told Timmah that he's starting. It'll be Tron in the bullpen and I think Kontos get's screwed.

C -- MVP, Chez3
1B -- Pick, Huffenstuff
2B -- Moped, Riot
SS -- Fish, Arias
3B -- Panda
OF -- X, Shark, Oxy, Herk, Peggs

SP -- Horse/Bum/Freak/Z
RP -- Romo, LOOGY, KCya, Burgermeister, Mijares, Weed, Tron

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy being a different manager in the post-season (well, he sure was completely different in 2010), I wouldn't be surprised that if Timmy shits the bed in his start during the NLDS that when (not IF) they go to the NLCS that Timmy doesn't get an automatic start.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bochy being a different manager in the post-season (well, he sure was completely different in 2010), I wouldn't be surprised that if Timmy shits the bed in his start during the NLDS that when (not IF) they go to the NLCS that Timmy doesn't get an automatic start.

Yep. Timmy will be on a very short leash.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. Assuming we advance, Noggin isn't going to worry about anybody's feelings. If Timmy pulls his wild fastball routine in Game 3, he'll be a) yanked early in favor of Tron and b) put into the bullpen for the NLCS.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Assuming we advance, Noggin isn't going to worry about anybody's feelings. If Timmy pulls his wild fastball routine in Game 3, he'll be a) yanked early in favor of Tron and b) put into the bullpen for the NLCS.

Unless he is injured, absolutely not.

Abso-LUTE-ly not. Sorry. No.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he is injured, absolutely not.

Abso-LUTE-ly not. Sorry. No.

You think Boch will run him back out after a 3.1 Inning, 4 ER, 70 pitch effort?

I think you're alone on that island, my man.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Boch will run him back out after a 3.1 Inning, 4 ER, 70 pitch effort?

I think you're alone on that island, my man.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, then nobody's thinking."

IMHO, Timmy deserves a bit better than getting benched after one bad outing. His starts during this clinched period don't really count. He may no longer be CY Timmy, but he pitched quite well after the AS break when it really counted.

Besides, he'll show up and not lay an egg. To think otherwise is pretty pantshatty.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If everyone is thinking the same thing, then nobody's thinking."

IMHO, Timmy deserves a bit better than getting benched after one bad outing. His starts during this clinched period don't really count. He may no longer be CY Timmy, but he pitched quite well after the AS break when it really counted.

Besides, he'll show up and not lay an egg. To think otherwise is pretty pantshatty.

You seem to have a fascination with that word, but I'm not going to rise to the bait. 2012 Timmy DOESN'T get the benefit of the doubt if Tron is pitching well. He just doesn't. If he pitches well, he stays in the rotation. If not, he gets hooked and Tron goes in.

That's not pantshatty. Assuming he's going to do poorly would be.

I have no idea which way he'll go. I hope you're right.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have a fascination with that word, but I'm not going to rise to the bait. 2012 Timmy DOESN'T get the benefit of the doubt if Tron is pitching well. He just doesn't. If he pitches well, he stays in the rotation. If not, he gets hooked and Tron goes in.

That's not pantshatty. Assuming he's going to do poorly would be.

I have no idea which way he'll go. I hope you're right.

I'll stay away from the word if you stay away from the concept.

The Judge is watching.

Go Giants!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll post any fucking way I please, but thanks.

Sorry - I mistook you for someone with a sense of humor. M'bad.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dunce:

It's tough to hear with this on, whaddya say???

:lalala:

Hang on - lemme get my fingers outta my ears.

Did you say "Go Giants!"?

:hippie:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good call. Fuck Weed.

Yeah no fuckin way they bring Mota over Kontos! And by no fuckin way I mean: Why the hell would you do that don't fuckin do that!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hector will catch Zito in a 7 game series, but I realize you are talking about the NLDS.

I think in a video game your idea might fly, but in the world of men, and egos, and the press, Mr Double Cy is going to start a game.

I guess Bochy lives in a world of video games.

Giants put Tim Lincecum in bullpen:

Manager Bruce Bochy named right-hander Ryan Vogelsong his Game 3 starter for Tuesday in Cincinnati -- and Bochy said he already picked a pitcher for a potential Game 4. He wouldn't say whether the Giants would turn to Matt Cain on three days' rest but said an announcement on the tentative plan could come by late Sunday.