• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I guess the Selection Committee got it right.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon & Bama were no-brainers.

OSU proved they belong.

In retrospect, TCU was probably better than FSU, BUT you can't exclude the defending champs who go 13-0 in a Power5 conference, right? So there was nothing else to do.
-
This is the exact reason why there should be 8. Hindsight is 20/20, but TCU deserved to be in. FSU? not sure. OSU? sure. Bama? well, OK. Nobody expected the SEC to slapped around in the bowls. That result was contrary to the last 4 months of group think. OSU winning doesnt prove they deserved to be in over TCU, just that OSU deserved to be in over Bama

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play a tougher schedule or don't lose.
-
which is just ignorant thought process. Strength of Schedule is important or it is not. It can not be selectively important, because it helps explain an imperfect system.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
which is just ignorant thought process. Strength of Schedule is important or it is not. It can not be selectively important, because it helps explain an imperfect system.

Play a tougher schedule

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polls worked
Playoffs worked

Everything is bitching and personal butthurt.

challenge. THis year is a perfect example. If the BCS was still in affect, we would all be getting ready for Bama vs FSU. Some idiots would be talking about "butthurt" Oregon, OSU, Baylor/TCU fans.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play a tougher schedule
-
TCU had 1 loss and a higher SOS in many polls than OSU, so that is not the answer. Marshall would have been left out, but FSU was in last year with a SOS in the 80s. Your comment only makes sense in the recesses of your mind and with people like Lou Holtz.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 0 complaints about the four that got in. You just never know how a team is going to play in different situations.

Baylor choked yesterday almost as badly as TCU did when they played back in the fall, but would things have been different if they had been in one of the semifinal games? I doubt it, but we'll never know. TCU put a butt-whomping on Ole Miss, but would they had been able to do the same against an Oregon, an FSU, or an Ohio State? Two of those teams are clearly better than the Rebels and would have been a sterner test, but could the Horned Frogs have won a semifinal? I think they could have, yet again, we'll never know.

We can trot out all the lame-ass "didn't want to be there" or "didn't deserve it" but like the Bama fan said, most of that is hindsight after the games have been played. Bowls are extremely quirky when you have first-time matchups and different styles of play, or when one team decides to play it's worst game in two years (FSU).

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 0 complaints about the four that got in. You just never know how a team is going to play in different situations.

Baylor choked yesterday almost as badly as TCU did when they played back in the fall, but would things have been different if they had been in one of the semifinal games? I doubt it, but we'll never know. TCU put a butt-whomping on Ole Miss, but would they had been able to do the same against an Oregon, an FSU, or an Ohio State? Two of those teams are clearly better than the Rebels and would have been a sterner test, but could the Horned Frogs have won a semifinal? I think they could have, yet again, we'll never know.

We can trot out all the lame-ass "didn't want to be there" or "didn't deserve it" but like the Bama fan said, most of that is hindsight after the games have been played. Bowls are extremely quirky when you have first-time matchups and different styles of play, or when one team decides to play it's worst game in two years (FSU).

Very true. Is there another sport that thinks it is a good idea to take a month off and then play your most meaningful games?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio st was the team many pointed at saying why are they there over tcu or Baylor. The win removed that doubt. I'm not so sure bama beats any of top 8 teams. Didn't like how they jumped to #1 and stayed there regardless of better wins by other teams.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 teams. With 5 power conferences, deserving teams will otherwise be left out in most years.

I'd argue that a team that schedules SMU, Northwestern St. & Buffalo isn't as deserving as you think.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that a team that schedules SMU, Northwestern St. & Buffalo isn't as deserving as you think.

True but look at miss st. Similar horrible schedule. Without loss to bama they would have been given playoff spot.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

And how do you play a tougher schedule if the polls are wrong. AZ State beating Oregon did nothing for either Oregon or AZ State. Oregon fell out of the picture and AZ state never got in the picture.

But that's hasn't been the case when SEC West teams would lose to each other.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go right ahead, but be prepared for someone to point out that three of Bama's OOC - Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, and Southern Mississippi - aren't much better.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most certainly did not.

This year would've been Bama v. FSU. Another easy and unearned title for Bama.

In 2014 they worked you can't apply BCS logic (not that much ever existed) into the equation.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go right ahead, but be prepared for someone to point out that three of Bama's OOC - Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, and Southern Mississippi - aren't much better.
-
The think what we learned this year is that 8 teams is needed. Everyone is trying to retrofit ideas to explain or justify the decisions, but the truth is the committee did not get it right. Clearly Bama was not the 1 seed, maybe they were not a top 4 team. Perhaps FSU did not belong or TCU is one of the best 4. I am sure that I do not know the answers with 100% accuracy, like many of you do. That is why I think expansion is needed, because there just are not enough inter-conference games to make intelligent decisions with a high level of confidence

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
The think what we learned this year is that 8 teams is needed. Everyone is trying to retrofit ideas to explain or justify the decisions, but the truth is the committee did not get it right. Clearly Bama was not the 1 seed, maybe they were not a top 4 team. Perhaps FSU did not belong or TCU is one of the best 4. I am sure that I do not know the answers with 100% accuracy, like many of you do. That is why I think expansion is needed, because there just are not enough inter-conference games to make intelligent decisions with a high level of confidence

That's well said.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very cool with 8, even if it means rematches and a couple of 3- or 4-loss conference champs in the mix, or if it nullifies the outcomes of the CCG's.