• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Howard tells Rockets he wants a 3rd superstar?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if any of us Heat fans think we are coming out of the East next year with out Indy failing to bring back it's core you are wrong.

We need an inside rebounder who can play D.

Current roster the only way I see us making it is by moving CB back to the 4 and getting 30+ minutes out of Birdman^2.

I doubt Birdman^2 can do that.

Also Wade will need to be healthy, which if he gets hurt I am sure he will rest rather than us go for 334 wins but Wade is never healthy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Rockets are entering discussion with Josh Smith.

That would make for an interesting big 3. Chemistry could be an issue, but if the Rockets were able to get them all and keep guys like Chandler Parsons, they would be a force to be reckoned with. Surely they would need to move Lin and Asik to make this work.

Anybody the specifics of what the Rockets would need to do to make this possible?

HA! I knew it. I saw this coming and posted about it way back on page 6, before some of you clowns completely derailed the topic with a clusterfuck of nonsense that's so mindnumbing that it only can be described best by the movie Billy Madison

By 3rd "star", I hope he's not encouraging the Rockets to sign Josh Smith. If so, the Rockets should just end talks and walk away. Smith and Howard are friends and both have poor work ethics. Putting them on the same team will essentially guarantee you 4 years of them goofing off together while they destroy your cap room. Pursue one, but not both.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL awesome...and probably true.

Lakers pitch should have been "Kobe won't be back next season"

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im with heatles. we're going to need to see your heat fan card. trade Wade? Are you out of your mind? first off, why would you mess with a 2 time defending champion team? you dont blow up the blue print when your back to back champs.

second, and most important. this big 3 thing we have going on in Miami.. never happens if not for Wade. Look, im not into the collusion bs people spread here. but it's not like i would be shocked if Wade was 'meeting' with other teams in 2010 as essentially Riley's spy. Not going to say that's what happened... but i would not put that past Riley.

third, Miami is Wade county. Wade is the Heat. He is ours. Always will be. It would literally hurt my soul to see him dawning another jersey. It wouldnt feel right. it was like seeing Montana in a KC jersey (no offense CL).. it wasnt right.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let me teach you Dwight how to shoot 25% in game 7's of the Finals and 40% in all the other Finals games."

"And become a 5 time champion and a top 10 player of all time Howard."

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So what you want to do Howard, please the stat nerds or win 5 rings? You play inside anyway, your FG% will be great. I dont even know why i brought up FG% like a dummy."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been about 1 thing, winning and great basketball. 2 things :D

As a GM the only thing that would keep me from trading Wade is the reputation it may cause around the league in trying to acquire other players. That will be forgotten when I 7pete though. Just think what players would line up at my door when they see what I will do to win? I will get the players who are committed to just one thing, WINNING! Dwight types would not dream to look at my logo, I would get Kobe and MJ so I guess you take the bad with the good. :D

You win a ring and everyone forgets how you did it. You win 3+ and you can piss on ashes of living popes and people will praise you for it.

Keep in mind, the Heat would not have won this year if not for Ray Allen. There are maybe 2 or 3 players in the league capable of making the shot he hit to tie game 6. His floor awareness is amazing.

Why was Ray with the Heat in the first place? Because he was tired of hearing his name in trade rumors every other day. That is why he signed for less instead of returning to Boston.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had an inside presence they probably would not have needed Allen to hit that 3.

He signed because he wanted a ring. He signed because he was willing to come off the bench for Wade, not Avery Bradley. He did not care about longevity of his tenure, he had a 2 year contract with a player option on the second. He wanted a ring.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had an inside presence they probably would not have needed Allen to hit that 3.

He signed because he wanted a ring. He signed because he was willing to come off the bench for Wade, not Avery Bradley. He did not care about longevity of his tenure, he had a 2 year contract with a player option on the second. He wanted a ring.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im with heatles. we're going to need to see your heat fan card. trade Wade? Are you out of your mind? first off, why would you mess with a 2 time defending champion team? you dont blow up the blue print when your back to back champs.

You do not need to see my card because they do not exist nor do I take some pride in being a diehard anything, quite the opposite unless it is a diehard movie.

and I blow up the blueprint because it is a shitty blueprint, frankly we got lucky for 2 years. I will gladly take it, but we played a young Indy team, a Roseless Bulls, over the hill Duncan and then the OKC who do exactly what we want to play against, jump shoot and run. Well now Indy will be more experienced, Rose will be back (and even if he is not 100% the Bulls are improving their roster).

Do you want to react or be the cutting edge? Stop thinking like an old man, we need to improve.

second, and most important. this big 3 thing we have going on in Miami.. never happens if not for Wade. Look, im not into the collusion bs people spread here. but it's not like i would be shocked if Wade was 'meeting' with other teams in 2010 as essentially Riley's spy. Not going to say that's what happened... but i would not put that past Riley.

I do not doubt that, but it is a business and all is forgiven when you win a ring.

third, Miami is Wade county. Wade is the Heat. He is ours. Always will be. It would literally hurt my soul to see him dawning another jersey. It wouldnt feel right. it was like seeing Montana in a KC jersey (no offense CL).. it wasnt right.

worlds smallest violin...

We changed the blueprint and broke the mold when we brought the big 3 together. The blueprint has been deciphered and we need to go back to basics, which is an inside presence. It is our teams glaring weakness that we can not hide anymore, especially with Wade in this condition.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do not even have to trade Wade, my real point is that they need to improve and Wade is not worth what he is being paid. We need a younger Birdman^2, not even his caliber.

1. Chalmers/cole
2. Wade
3. LBJ
4. Bosh
5. Birdman^2 and Birdman 1.5

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We changed the blueprint and broke the mold when we brought the big 3 together. The blueprint has been deciphered and we need to go back to basics, which is an inside presence. It is our teams glaring weakness that we can not hide anymore, especially with Wade in this condition.

Dude are you kidding? You think Miami was the first team to bring in a big 3!?!?!??!?!?!?! Are you fucking high?

Chicago: Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
Celtics: KG, Pierce, Allen
80's Celtics: Bird, McHale, Parrish
80's Lakers: Magic, Worthy, Kareem
late 2000 Lakers: Gasol, Kobe, Bynum (all-star level during the two titles)
OKC: Durant, Westbrook, Harden (would've won title had they not faced Heat in 2012)
Spurs: Manu, Tim Duncan, Parker

So please tell me again how the Heat "broke the mold". I hate to tell you this, but the blue print was deciphered when the Mavs beat the Heat in 2011. Having the blueprint and the skills to do it are an entirely different beast. This is the NBA, Pat Riley isn't the only genius in the league. You thought that the Heat would go on to win titles consecutively for the next 8 years? I'm a Heat homer and I even knew that it would be a dog fight in the playoffs. The Heat need to add a little depth up front.

But to throw out all this bull shit about how the Heat wouldn't have been in that position for Ray Allen to have to hit a season saving 3 with some added depth in the front court is ridiculous. The Spurs weren't hammering the Heat on the glass like the Pacers were, the Spurs are just an overall great team and that's why they almost won.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about completely shitting on Parsons. I'd take him over Josh Smith anyday of the week, and twice on Friday.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about completely shitting on Parsons. I'd take him over Josh Smith anyday of the week, and twice on Friday.

Isn't the idea to have both? Parsons is pretty affordable. The roster as is, without Asik but with Howard is not good enough to come out of the West IMO. Adding Smith to Parsons, Howard and Harden makes them legit. This is one of the few places where I think Smith actually fits because he won't be counted on as a scorer and he can do what he does best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do not even have to trade Wade, my real point is that they need to improve and Wade is not worth what he is being paid. We need a younger Birdman^2, not even his caliber.

1. Chalmers/cole
2. Wade
3. LBJ
4. Bosh
5. Birdman^2 and Birdman 1.5

Bot,

You are over-simplifying a little bit. I agree that Wade does not fit this team all that well unless he is 100%, but they also cannot trade him now while he isn't. If he gets healthy, he will be a force again next year.

As for the Allen thing, the ring was certainly part of it, he wasn't going to sign with a team like Charlotte, but that wasn't the whole story. Part of the Heat's pitch to Allen was that he wouldn't hear his name in trade rumors every day. Ainge had been trying to deal him for a year and a half.

Also, one of the Heat's greatest strengths is their ability to be small. Getting a center could help if it is the right center, but playing LeBron at the 4 is when the Heat offense hits another level. Putting that extra shooter on the floor means you have to either have to give up an open 3 or you can't effectively help on Wade and Bron's drives. When Lebron plays 3, he is much easier to guard because you have one less shooter to space the floor.

Defensively, the size certainly helps, but there is a cost associated with going big too.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bye-bye Dwight! That is exactly what Dwight doesn't want to hear.

Chris Broussard@Chris_Broussard [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]352833006400053248[/MEDIA]"]27m[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry,Klay,Barnes,Lee,Dwight. BOOM

That Warriors team with Dwight would be scary shit...

But, aren't they trying to move Lee?